PDA

View Full Version : Forest Gump II anyone?

Neil
07-Mar-2007, 12:14 PM
http://cinemablend.com/new/Forrest-Gump-Gets-A-Sequel-4626.html

If it's half as good as the first it'll be worth making!

Danny
07-Mar-2007, 12:19 PM
i agree the first ones a really underated great movie, but if hanks aint playing gump i dont think id see it, cus i doubt anyone could do gump the same way.

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2007, 12:59 PM
If Hanks ain't in it, they should shoot it dead and be done with it.

I'm not sure about FG2 though, the first one was special and was a big deal back in '94 or whenever it was that it came out, sometimes I think some films are just best left as a single piece of historical filmmaking.

Like, can you imagine Shawshank Redemption 2? ... exactly.

axlish
07-Mar-2007, 04:05 PM
Still waiting on Madhouse 2 with John Larroquette and Kirstey Alley reprising their roles. If you can't get John and Kirstey, then it wouldn't be worth making :rolleyes:

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 12:58 AM
I must be the only person on the planet who thought Forrest gump was over sentimental and boring.

coma
08-Mar-2007, 01:07 AM
I must be the only person on the planet who thought Forrest gump was over sentimental and boring.
No, you are not
It also had a lot of convenient situations like the history/Cliche lesson as character that was the lead female.
It was just OK to me. I thought Zelig was a sililar and much cooler movie.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 01:54 AM
I agree, but it's been so long since I've seen that film. Definitely one of Woody's best.

DVW5150
09-Mar-2007, 03:57 PM
NO FORREST GUMP 2 ... please leave it alone . GOD -D:mad: ANGIT !

Eyebiter
09-Mar-2007, 04:12 PM
Surprised this project is back on track. Recall the original author of the book 'Forest Gump' was royally screwed by the movie studio on the first film. Apparently the contract gave Winston Groom back end points, and then Hollywood accountants from Paramount said the movie never made a profit.

Needless to say having been screwed out a few million dollars in royalties from 'Forest Gump' for years he refused to sell the rights to the sequel.

Minerva_Zombi
09-Mar-2007, 05:11 PM
What's next? Gone With The Wind 2 or Titanic 2? A sequel to Forrest Gump makes no sense what-so-ever.

ryeandcoke
09-Mar-2007, 05:23 PM
money and not a good story drives 99% of this crap,drives me crazy

DjfunkmasterG
09-Mar-2007, 06:02 PM
As a major fan of Forrest Gump 1, and hearing about some of the excerpts from the book FG2, I would have to say I am 100% against a sequel, even if Hanks played Gump. It has been 13 years, leave it alone.