PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest TV Show ever cancelled...

Cykotic
07-Mar-2007, 01:29 PM
Does anyone remember the War of the Worlds TV Series?

I loved this show. I remember when I was about 10 or 11 and waiting until 2am for this show to be broadcast on ITV. I had every episode from series one and two and I watched them all the time. I know that series one is out on DVD but only region 1 and Paramount won't release series two. assholes.

anyway, here is just an example of what series two brought to the world.

_8YTUU45zy8

DVW5150
07-Mar-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes , I enjoyed War of the Worlds series ... too bad they only released reg one dvds ... "Over There" was a series on FX , canned because of political upheaval it caused showing (through dramatization) what the war in Iraq is really like . They only released the first episode on dvd , which gives a good background to how it was made. The chief technical advisor spent 2 tours as a marine there . Attention to detail was so important that it became a political drag for the network ... I recommend "Over There" to anyone that cares more than having a ribbon magnet on their car ...

coma
07-Mar-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes , I enjoyed War of the Worlds series ... too bad they only released reg one dvds ... "Over There" was a series on FX , canned because of political upheaval it caused showing (through dramatization) what the war in Iraq is really like . They only released the first episode on dvd , which gives a good background to how it was made. The chief technical advisor spent 2 tours as a marine there . Attention to detail was so important that it became a political drag for the network ... I recommend "Over There" to anyone that cares more than having a ribbon magnet on their car ... Ribbon Magnet. ha. An huge ass SUV with a ribbon magnet is too ironic. There was a guy with a flag painted Hummer with yellow ribbons all over I saw a bunch of times. anyways..

I loved over there. I heard some Iraq vets on forums complaining because small bits of protocol were wrong or a vehicle didnt look quite right. I would always argue it is the Experience and mood was really important. The rest is sorta geek sh*t.
If it was a play with a cardboard box for a Styker would it still be good? I think so. And that's what counts.

FX said that people werent interested in being confronted with a war that was not only ongoing, but going very badly. I was upset when they cancelled that. It was very original and very good.It got you interested in the characters very quickly. I thought the fragging (was it, wasnt it?) episode was very good. I think that was the last one. And the one with the MI officer torturing (sorta) the terror suspect.

If Ocer There was still on it would be getting extremely interesting, confronting all the realities and ultra violence.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 01:04 AM
None of the TV adaptations do the book justice in my opinion.

slickwilly13
08-Mar-2007, 01:13 AM
Never could get into the series.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, V kicked it's ass all over the place. :D

El_Hooligan
08-Mar-2007, 02:39 AM
Sledge Hammer, Eerie Indiana & Tour of Duty!