PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever see that low budget War Of The Worlds...?

Neil
07-Mar-2007, 03:18 PM
..that came out about the same time as Cruise's one?

Cykotic
07-Mar-2007, 03:21 PM
The one by Pendragon or the one by Asylum? I've seen them both and I hate to admit it, but the tom cruise one was far better than both of the others. I'll still love the original 1953 version though...

Danny
07-Mar-2007, 03:25 PM
i saw one on the horror channel a while back called invasion, it looked relatively new, albiet low buget, it wasnt that bad a movie to be honest, only the creature effects sucked its worth checking out if its on zone horror again.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 12:55 AM
None of the movie adaptations do the book justice in my opinion.

Rottedfreak
08-Mar-2007, 08:17 AM
I think Spielberg and Cruise did a fantastic job, they only got a few months to make the film, it was greenlit in August 2004 and released in June 2005. The original plan was for a faithful adaptation of the book to be released in 2007. If they can do that in 8 months, imagine what they could have had ready for summer this year.

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 09:50 AM
But what happened to the parson man? :confused:

Neil
08-Mar-2007, 10:02 AM
Oh dear! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 10:06 AM
Now why doesn't that surprise me. :rolleyes:

Danny
08-Mar-2007, 02:13 PM
people should just stop making adaptions once something been adapted like 6 times, i mean how is it supposed to mprove on previous efforts, like the 80's musical one, ive still got the casette of those:cool:

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 10:37 PM
people should just stop making adaptions once something been adapted like 6 times, i mean how is it supposed to mprove on previous efforts, like the 80's musical one, ive still got the casette of those:cool:
The ONLY adaptation that was faithful to the book. I want that 10 disc job that they got in Virgin but I aint paying a bullseye for it. Phil Lynott rocks!

Danny
08-Mar-2007, 11:02 PM
da-da-da, du-du-du,du-du-du,da-da-da....:cool:

capncnut
08-Mar-2007, 11:11 PM
"ULLLAAAHHH" :lol:

Tricky
09-Mar-2007, 07:53 AM
Has anyone seen the stage play of the musical?it uses CGI on screens & a working martian fighting machine on stage,its meant to be awesome to see! :D

Cykotic
09-Mar-2007, 12:16 PM
I've seen it... bloody awesome

Tricky
09-Mar-2007, 06:01 PM
I've seen it... bloody awesome

Good stuff!i keep picking the DVD up and reading the back when im out shopping,il buy it next time if its worth seeing :D

capncnut
09-Mar-2007, 06:44 PM
Good stuff!i keep picking the DVD up and reading the back when im out shopping,il buy it next time if its worth seeing :D
Just like me actually Trick, I've seen it in Virgin for like a tenner and I keep thinking "Shall I?" but I always end up putting it back. I might just get it next time.

Tricky
09-Mar-2007, 07:20 PM
Aye i reckon next we should both just get it bought capn,the music itself is worth it & the staging sounds interesting! :cool:

Ahhh here we go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln5ss4spIso

capncnut
09-Mar-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, that's bought mate. It's just a shame Phil Lynott died, just like Burton, his role is irreplaceable.

Danny
09-Mar-2007, 10:50 PM
im gonna seke out my old 80's casettes later:cool:

easily the best musical of all time in my book. ...'cept for maybe south park the movie

capncnut
10-Mar-2007, 06:19 AM
Amazing record, grew up with it. :cool:

coma
10-Mar-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah, that's bought mate. It's just a shame Phil Lynott died, just like Burton, his role is irreplaceable.
The phil Lunott refernece amde me remember an embarrasing story.
I was working in a shop around 1995. This fella comes in, we get to talking about bands. He was older than me but knew about alot of contmpory stuff. we turn to classic rock.
He mentions Thin Lizzy.
I say "everybody jizzes all over Phil Lynott as a great songwriter but I think he is overrated"
he says
"I was the drummer"
Oh god, I wish he told me that first.
I still feel stupid when I think of that.

Another time me and some friends were talking about bands and I went off on this local girl rap, Beasties ripp off. I said "that skinny bitch can't rap for s**t. Why is she there? She sucks, the whole band sucks, I like to hit them with a Molotov Cocktail"
This guy, I didnt know, said
"That skinny bitch is my girlfriend"
Urp!

capncnut
10-Mar-2007, 09:22 PM
Kinda reminds me of the time when I saw Neil Young and Pearl Jam at Finsbury Park and I befriended this teenage kid who was there with a really haggard old woman who resembled Aunt Bedelia in Creepshow. I was impressed and I said to him quite innocently, "I think thats nice kid, bringing your grandma to see Neil Young." He was like "Dude, that's my girlfriend." S**t, I could've died. :lol:

coma
11-Mar-2007, 04:11 AM
Kinda reminds me of the time when I saw Neil Young and Pearl Jam at Finsbury Park and I befriended this teenage kid who was there with a really haggard old woman who resembled Aunt Bedelia in Creepshow. I was impressed and I said to him quite innocently, "I think thats nice kid, bringing your grandma to see Neil Young." He was like "Dude, that's my girlfriend." S**t, I could've died. :lol:
Roooooough!!!!!
Awk ward!
btw, Neil Young is Greater than Great imo. He got wack for a while and came back swinging. He rules.

capncnut
11-Mar-2007, 08:20 AM
Neil Young is Greater than Great.
You knows it buv. :sneaky: