PDA

View Full Version : the qeustion that seperates sci-fi fanboys down the middle

Danny
12-Mar-2007, 03:14 AM
well?, you can see what i voted fo, though twliight was a bit befor emy time and there was jsut soemthing i preffered about the outer limits.

slickwilly13
12-Mar-2007, 07:36 AM
What all does this include? Are we talking about the b&w series from the 60's? Or newers series? Movie? All of above?

capncnut
12-Mar-2007, 10:38 AM
You know what Hellz? I would normally vote the Twilight Zone but this time I'm gonna have to go with the Outer Limits. The colour series was a load of s**t but the old black and white sixties stuff was really out there; the TV signal that tuned in at the beginning played on my mind... felt more realistic at that age. And when the old skool s**t is repeated, it's a sheer joy - Twilight Zone also. :D:eek:

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2007, 11:49 AM
I voted for Outer Limits as well, I remember watching that back when The X-Files was quite new, and I loved it ... plus there was that one about a female robot or something, and the actress like totally got her bewbs 'n' bush out, so as at the tender age of like 13 or whatever, that was great and has stuck in my noggin' ever since. :D

And that "Sand Kings" episode was rockin'.

Tricky
12-Mar-2007, 11:50 AM
Both have good & poor episodes!

Did you watch stephen kings nightmares & dreamscapes?i havent seen them all,but one i saw really creeped me out!There was a young couple trapped in a weird parallel universe town & scary stuff kept happening :eek:

EvilNed
12-Mar-2007, 01:45 PM
I'll give Richard Matheson some luv.

DVW5150
12-Mar-2007, 10:10 PM
You know what Hellz? I would normally vote the Twilight Zone but this time I'm gonna have to go with the Outer Limits. The colour series was a load of s**t but the old black and white sixties stuff was really out there; the TV signal that tuned in at the beginning played on my mind... felt more realistic at that age. And when the old skool s**t is repeated, it's a sheer joy - Twilight Zone also. :D:eek:
Yes indeed ... I loved that old : " We control the horizontal... " Twilight Zone was indeed the foundation of 'wisdom fiction' ... Rod had his impact
set in stone from the start because of his severe writing talent .His colaboration with other great writers (Richard Matheson, Philip K Dick )made that show .He was in the army , served in combat in the pacific ... The episode when the American turns Japanese was so friggin cool .I have a documentary about him that was on PBS , he became burned out near the end ... He (was) is the shiznit ! BTW , there was one that I saw that Richard Donner (Leathal Weapon) directed...cool .:skull:

capncnut
12-Mar-2007, 11:24 PM
Did you watch stephen kings nightmares & dreamscapes?
Yeah, I remember that... and GAR's Tales from the Darkside. There was one episode with a guy who went into a dental surgery run by Dr. A. Cula, I think you can guess the rest. It was a little cheesy but I kinda liked the series.

Danny
12-Mar-2007, 11:26 PM
^ hey so someone did pick up j.d's script.:D

(a little scrubs reference in cas eyou didnt get it)

capncnut
13-Mar-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes indeed... I loved that old: " We control the horizontal... "
Yeah, it's the black and white episodes all the way man.

_liam_
13-Mar-2007, 03:10 PM
erm twilight zone. standard of stories was higher, cooler theme tune (when it had the do de do do one) and rod serling's intros.

outer limits was excellent though, and the colour reboot was pretty good too - i agree with MZ the sandkings one was cool. also the nanobots one...

capncnut
13-Mar-2007, 04:00 PM
erm twilight zone. standard of stories was higher, cooler theme tune (when it had the do de do do one) and rod serling's intros.
I thought that guy was cool, sitting there all nonchalant, explaining the story while smoking his cigarette. :D

_liam_
13-Mar-2007, 06:07 PM
http://www.spookytoms.com/TR-RodSerling.JPG

he rules.
i got a big hardback book of stories by him...i always hear his voice in my head when reading them...

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 07:19 PM
Although ... The Twilight Zone is iconic, and without that you wouldn't have the utterly hilarious loving piss take on Futurama - "The Scary Door" ... lovin' it big style. :D

Tricky
13-Mar-2007, 07:44 PM
Watch the "crouch end" episode of nightmares and dreamscapes if you get chance,scared me a bit!

ash
13-Mar-2007, 10:07 PM
Twilight Zone by far.