PDA

View Full Version : season 11 of south park up on aasp

Danny
12-Mar-2007, 04:04 AM
http://allabout-sp.net/season11/1101.php

since season 10 still hasnt finished on uk cable/sattelite this is for anyone outside the us since we wont see it otherwise for a good long while:mad:

capncnut
12-Mar-2007, 10:36 AM
I stopped watching this series when I first grew pubes. :D

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2007, 11:46 AM
Saw 11x01 t'other day when I downloaded it, not as strong an opener as I'd like, and the message was unusually muddy for South Park.

And they didn't touch on the fact that "cracker" means slave driver, so calling white people in this day and age a cracker is just as racist as calling a black person "nigger".

bassman
12-Mar-2007, 12:43 PM
Saw 11x01 t'other day when I downloaded it, not as strong an opener as I'd like, and the message was unusually muddy for South Park.

And they didn't touch on the fact that "cracker" means slave driver, so calling white people in this day and age a cracker is just as racist as calling a black person "nigger".

Are you serial?

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2007, 01:10 PM
Are you serial?
I'm super-duper-serial...:rockbrow::sneaky:

Andy
12-Mar-2007, 02:56 PM
i didn't realise south park was going in 1980

:lol:

Danny
12-Mar-2007, 04:42 PM

yeeaahh......see south parks like 10 years old, maybe a little older, so if your 34 that jsut raisess more questions.

questions i dont wanna know the answer to:dead:

coma
12-Mar-2007, 07:17 PM

They just wanted shock value and the message was secondary.

I have many non white friends. When We were recording some songs the other day we started talking about that, the SP episode and the actual RIchards event. I told them that the guy called him a cracker first and thats why he responded that way, though its not in the video. They said "Oh wow, I didnt know that". They understood the racism of the word, why can't white people? Often because they haven't been in that position and they do not understand the intention. My friends know if they call me that or White boy, our friendships over. They get to do it once only. But non ignorant prople just dont do that. Usually that sort of thing comes out of the mouths of retards.

If your a white dude in a roomful of non white people and someone lays that crap on you, you wont forget it. You also will never say again "I am not offended, I dont care"

I thought what sp had richards say would've been better than what he actually did.
"I was trying to be fuinny, but Im a really bad comedian". That wouldve put an end to it. Which is what I thought. Shock value+bad jokes=trouble.

MinionZombie
12-Mar-2007, 07:33 PM
The video I saw had the black guy call Richards a cracker, but I think it was kinda muffled a bit, obviously, but aye I definitely heard "cracker" called first.

Perhaps Richards should have repeated that part so the rest of the audience could have heard it, and it would've given his bizarre rant some reason.

What I find strange, is this whole "it reminds us of a bad time in our history" (for black folk when "nigger" is said) ... but have any black people living today been enslaved? No, they have their own jobs, houses, opportunities, they've got computers, iPods and cars and easy access to a Maccy D's ... I just find that kinda strange.

Depends on context, like in Shaun of the Dead when Ed says "wuz-up-niggaz?", it's light hearted and jokey, not targeted with venom.

Now, we have the word "cracker", meaning whip cracking slave driver - have any of the white folk living today enslaved any black folk? Nope, but "cracker" represents, in part, something slightly different to "nigger". "Cracker" represents:

1) Being called a slave driving whip cracking hate monger.
2) The blatant hypocrisy and how racism only works one way.
3) White guilt for something no white people living today had any involvement in because it happened many, many years before any of us were born.

It's also pretty lame, because in a sense, saying "cracker" is just stooping to the level of the few remaining people who say "nigger" and inflect it with hatred and venom.

And the few people who consider saying "black man" a racist term - get f*cked you morons - "white man" is perfectly acceptable, therefore "black man" is.

*sigh*

Another MZ rant...:D

coma
12-Mar-2007, 08:26 PM
What I find strange, is this whole "it reminds us of a bad time in our history" (for black folk when "nigger" is said) ... but have any black people living today been enslaved? No, they have their own jobs, houses, opportunities, they've got computers, iPods and cars and easy access to a Maccy D's ... I just find that kinda strange.

Depends on context, like in Shaun of the Dead when Ed says "wuz-up-niggaz?", it's light hearted and jokey, not targeted with venom.

Now, we have the word "cracker", meaning whip cracking slave driver - have any of the white folk living today enslaved any black folk? Nope, but "cracker" represents, in part, something slightly different to "nigger". "Cracker" represents:

1) Being called a slave driving whip cracking hate monger.
2) The blatant hypocrisy and how racism only works one way.
3) White guilt for something no white people living today had any involvement in because it happened many, many years before any of us were born.

It's also pretty lame, because in a sense, saying "cracker" is just stooping to the level of the few remaining people who say "nigger" and inflect it with hatred and venom.

And the few people who consider saying "black man" a racist term - get f*cked you morons - "white man" is perfectly acceptable, therefore "black man" is.

*sigh*

Another MZ rant...:D
Maybe in the UK, but its not really like that here.
Jim Crow (segregation, no voting rights, rascist terrorism) only ended in 1965.

I have had plenty (yes, lots) of bosses refer to balck employees and applicants as "niggers". While many people don't subscribe to that anymore, lots still do and with venom and action.

I grew up in a non white area so I have a perspective on it many other white people dont have. Anyone who says the schools are equal in quality therefore opportunity is dreaming. The first time I visited a white area public school I thought I was in the twilight zone. In our science books they havent even started to try to go to the moon for christs sake!

While much of this is economically based it would be easy to see, if you were black, how this could be interpreted as racist oppression. Some people use it as an excuse to f**k off, but it is harder for many. to hard and therfore easy to see it as a construct to maintain an underclass.

Its very taboo for guys my age tp say "nigga" in any context, but young guys dont at all. I asked some about that and explained how it would lead to a severe asskicking back in the day. They were surprised which is more about Kids not knowing crap about anything before them.

I have no white guilt. I also dont like that White boy stuff. But the only way you could say there is no disparity in America is if you havent seen it or dont want to.

If someone is middle class or whatever, they cant relate. They can empathize, but often believe becauseif it does not exist for them, it does not exist at all and That is just wrong.

capncnut
12-Mar-2007, 11:17 PM
i didn't realise south park was going in 1980.
That was meant in sarcasm man, meaning South Park is now old and washed up. Another way to put it would be "South Park? Dang, even my grammie watches that s**t!" :lol:

Danny
12-Mar-2007, 11:29 PM
err.... how is it washed up?, the last season was awesome.:cool:

capncnut
12-Mar-2007, 11:39 PM
What can I say, I just don't find the cartoon funny in the slightest. Stopped watching by like season 2.

coma
12-Mar-2007, 11:43 PM
What can I say, I just don't find the cartoon funny in the slightest. Stopped watching by like season 2.
I had the opposite happen. Didnt watch the first 4 or so seasons, didnt like it.
Saw the Michael Jackson episode and became a huge fan and got them all
It is jumping the shark a bit lately

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 10:16 AM
Well I personally don't think that racism and such doesn't exist, I'd like to think it's dying out as the older generations cark it and the younger generations come in to greater power ... of course, there's still the uneducated layabouts where racism is part of their so-called breeding ... so ... I guess the situation is completely different in America than it is here in the UK then, one thing will be the sheer population size differences, 61 million versus what, 250 million (official figures)?

Sure, we have race related problems here in the UK, but the scale is much reduced in comparison...by the sounds of it you guys' gubment doesn't care much for inner city development and education, is that a fair assumption?

Here in the UK, there's been investment in such areas, although the success and efficiency of it isn't the greatest I believe, especially in education which has gone to hell in a hand basket now - but they did at least get text books for every child in the classroom (I remember going from sharing one scabby cock-scrawled-all-over-it book between 3 or 4 to one new cocks-fannies-and-spoodge-scrawled-all-over-it book for everyone to take home) - so that was good.

Of course, the inner city situation, always a problem...

It's a situation and cultural issue that's so huge and widespread, that one person alone can't maintain a grasp, and I guess, one governmental department sitting in central office, to achieve an effective and efficient grasp...

_liam_
13-Mar-2007, 10:18 AM

mate you seriously need to give it a look, in my opinion it was lame, juvenile crap for the first 4 seasons, but the last few have been so sharp, it's scary...

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 10:59 AM
Interesting ... there's a kind of divide going on between some fans.

Some who prefer the insular stories of the earlier seasons, and those who prefer the messages of the later seasons...sometimes the newer episodes can get a bit samey, what with the preaching ... and two double episodes in season 10, wtf, we want *new* stuff ... and not that sh*t about Oprah's minge, that was just lame.

I've been a fan of South Park ever since it started, they couldn't have kept going with the original style in the earlier seasons, so it makes sense that they're doing what they do now, it's just that the message part has kinda taken over ... and now they do that utterly gheay half a season now, half a season in a few months bullshiite.

_liam_
13-Mar-2007, 11:03 AM
ah i love it, i love the subersive qualities that such a (apparently) crudley made show, with scatological & base humour pervading can have, by virtue of the fact that it has the most sophisticated moral & ethical debates & conclusions in it's plotlines... seriously, name another sitcom/drama that tops south park in terms of righteousness and tackling multiple issues...

plus the one where they owned family guy to death was heroic

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 11:13 AM
lol, true, South Park have that "common sense merchant" ideology I like, so when they go about "pwning" issues it does indeed rock some cock.

It's fun to see the, still crude, animation evolve ... like when they introduced the animation of people's legs running in season 9 (like the panic from global warming, lol or in season 10 with the panic from Family Guy). Also the 3/4 style head animations is fairly new.

I love the dirty humour mixed with serious messages, like Cartman farting out all that fake treasure, or Cartman shiitting all over the shop while playing WOW ... I had to rewind those parts over and over again, that kinda stuff just makes me fall over laughing, gotta love toilet humour. :D

capncnut
13-Mar-2007, 03:28 PM
mate you seriously need to give it a look, in my opinion it was lame, juvenile crap for the first 4 seasons, but the last few have been so sharp, it's scary...
The first series was okay but the whole Kenny dying joke just bored the life out of me after a while. Kinda put me off the show, though I will admit that Cartman's rants are usually quite funny. I dunno, I just never found it important enough to follow.

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 07:26 PM
Well you missed out big style dude, and the whole Kenny thing was eventually dropped, they even killed the character off for real for about a whole season (the boys then trialed their other friends to be replacements, at which point the character of Butters came to the fore - one of my fave SP characters).

Then they brought Kenny back for real, can't remember how now, but they stopped the whole killing Kenny thing, they've only done it like twice since bringing him back, if that. The show really changed gears around about season 6...

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 01:38 AM
yeah the last two seasons have been nothing like the first 2 man, your totally missing out, go to the site in the first post of this thread and start watchin', its got every episode, i promise you you wont regret it.;)

CoinReturn
14-Mar-2007, 03:33 AM
These past few seasons of South Park have been the best ever. Season 1 is nearly unwatchable.

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 06:24 AM
yeah it was funny when i was 10, but now i jsut cant watch it anymore, 'cept pink o' course;)

capncnut
14-Mar-2007, 09:10 AM
Okay, maybe I'll give it another chance. When is it on?

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 09:12 AM
i guarantee between 9pm and 3am theres a south park ep on at least on one satellite/cable channel every half hour at any time between then.

just check my first post on here, the site i link to has every episode in good quality to watch free online.

capncnut
14-Mar-2007, 09:29 AM
just check my first post on here, the site i link to has every episode in good quality to watch free online.
Cheers matey. :D

Danny
23-Mar-2007, 03:26 PM
http://allabout-sp.net/?p=season11/1103

oh man just saw lice capades, that joke at the end made me cry with laughter:lol: , god dman thats gross:lol:

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2007, 09:18 PM
Good episode, wasn't completely sure what they were saying about global warming ... ... :confused:

Anyway, I gotta protect my bayh-beh! ... I'm gonna call her ... Hope ... :lol: ... ewww.

capncnut
24-Mar-2007, 01:45 AM
Watched four episodes on Paramount Comedy recently and while I may rate it above the other s**t I've seen, it still don't float my boat. Sorry.