View Full Version : So, anyone watched 300 yet?

Neil
13-Mar-2007, 09:02 AM
Thoughts?

Going to see it in about two weeks...

DjfunkmasterG
13-Mar-2007, 10:21 AM
Yep, I watched it, and walked out an hour and 15 minutes into it. See other 300 thread for my thoughts of what went wrong.

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2007, 11:21 AM
Blimey, you walked out as well?!

Damn...

I've got no intentions of seeing it in the cinema, as everyone knows I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder, Yawn04 be damned! ... anyway, 300 has always looked to me like it's all about the look and absolutely nothing more...that's got "wait for download/Sky Premiere" written all over it for me.

Now Grindhouse - THERE'S something I MUST see in the cinema.

DjfunkmasterG
13-Mar-2007, 12:09 PM
The slow motion got on my nerves. Every 30 seconds they were going into Matrix slo-mo just so you could see every kill. After 5 minutes of that I had enough.

I liked DAWN 04 and thought he would do 300 justice. I was wrong. 300 was a disappointment.

Neil
13-Mar-2007, 01:41 PM
Yep, I watched it, and walked out an hour and 15 minutes into it. See other 300 thread for my thoughts of what went wrong.

So you don't know how it ends then :)

DjfunkmasterG
13-Mar-2007, 02:47 PM
Well it is based on a historical battle. So Yes I do know how it ends. :D

capncnut
13-Mar-2007, 03:43 PM
Now Grindhouse - THERE'S something I MUST see in the cinema.
Damn straight. There's a huge cinema close to where I live that has a drinking section with a nice quiet bar at the back. When a date is announced for Grindhouse in the UK, I'm booking it up mate. :D

HLS
16-Mar-2007, 12:47 AM
I was unimpressed with the trailor but it did get good reviews.

Damn straight. There's a huge cinema close to where I live that has a drinking section with a nice quiet bar at the back. When a date is announced for Grindhouse in the UK, I'm booking it up mate. :D

I wish there were more theaters here like that. Most theaters here do not serve alcohol.

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 01:29 AM
Most large cinemas in England have smoking and drinking sections. You have to pay a good few quid more on the admission fee though and the drinks are quite expensive.

slickwilly13
20-Mar-2007, 12:10 AM
Most large cinemas in England have smoking and drinking sections. You have to pay a good few quid more on the admission fee though and the drinks are quite expensive.

Too bad we don't have a BYOB theater. I wanted to sneak a few beers in.

coma
20-Mar-2007, 12:50 AM
Thats where that comment about getting an actual glass of beer in a theatre in Pulp fiction cpmes from, though you could get an expresso at an Art House called the Red Vic in San Francisco and they have actual couches to sit on.

Smoking section. Cool. Fire up them doobies!

II wish there were more theaters here like that. Most theaters here do not serve alcohol.
Me too. I have never seen that anywhere, though there was this grindhouse in Brooklyn that closed a couple a years ago where you could smoke Cigs and weed.
Actual conversation heard
"Daddy, you're not smoking another blunt are you?"

capncnut
20-Mar-2007, 03:25 AM
Smoking section. Cool. Fire up them doobies!
Read my mind man. :D

Neil
27-Mar-2007, 08:04 AM
I really enjoyed it! Was certainly better than I expected!

David Wenham's accent was pretty odd at times :)

general tbag
28-Mar-2007, 10:22 AM
IT was a semi horrible movie,I expected better.

Neil
28-Mar-2007, 11:44 AM
IT was a semi horrible movie,I expected better.

The more I think about it... The more I enjoyed it :)

Tricky
28-Mar-2007, 11:56 AM
Im going to see it tonight!ive been playing a lot of medieval 2 lately so im in the mood for some big screen ancient battlefield action :D

Neil
28-Mar-2007, 12:03 PM
Im going to see it tonight!ive been playing a lot of medieval 2 lately so im in the mood for some big screen ancient battlefield action :D

Well expect:-
1) Next to no plot.
2) Lots of gratuitous violence/action.
3) Your typical Zack Snyder unecessary sex scene to seemingly save the script writers the effort of building the relationship between a man & women.

This aside - I liked it :)

bassman
28-Mar-2007, 12:15 PM
Well expect:-
1) Next to no plot.
2) Lots of gratuitous violence/action.
3) Your typical Zack Snyder unecessary sex scene to seemingly save the script writers the effort of building the relationship between a man & women.

This aside - I liked it :)

Spot on, man. That's the perfect thing to tell people who haven't seen it. And you're right.....those things aside, it's a good popcorn flick.

fartpants
12-Apr-2007, 06:26 PM
300 rocked:evil:

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2007, 06:35 PM
The latest episode of South Park (11x06) did a piss-take of 300, it was hilarious.

slickwilly13
12-Apr-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, scissor me!!!

zombie04
13-Apr-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, scissor me!!!

Scissor me timbers!