PDA

View Full Version : whu?-guh?-snuh?-huh?, leaked fable 2 footage!!!! :D

Danny
14-Mar-2007, 06:16 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fable2/video_player.html?id=cHBmlzDw5bkLuj_b

some user on gamespot uploaded the footage of the fable dog interaction system, i know its only sa snippet but theres beenless news on this than halo 3 and i loved the first one so this i a great little tidbit,

heres some more info

An A.I. dog partner, marriage with children, and "love" are three key ingredients to upcoming Xbox 360 RPG Fable 2.

Just minutes ago, Peter Molyneux gave one of his first presentations of the day concerning Fable 2, and he showed off a collection of new features that were originally intended to appear in the much-hyped first Fable game.

Molyneux described the first new feature as "risky, but worth the risk. A new canine sidekick will help players distract or threaten enemies, scout out new locations, and find hidden items. Molyneux described the feature as "something you've never seen before," especially in regards to the dog's intelligence. The dog will respond to your standard "yes" and "no" expressions, but is otherwise a completely independent character....aside from the fact that it will do nearly anything to help its master.

The dog will grow to adopt its master's traits, so a wicked hero will see his dog evolve into a Doberman pincher-like beast, while good-natured heros will boast furry, friendly pooches.

The dog will open up a key aspect of Fable 2: emotion. And, more specifically, love. Molyneux laughed as he described the importance of love in Fable 2, saying that reporters would be liable to call him crazy for his claim. But he insisted that the dog sidekick would open up all-new avenues of game design because it would make players forge an emotional bond with a fictional character. Molyneux described the dog's love as "infectious" in nature: "Once you start caring about [the dog," Molyeux explained, "I've got you." Molyneux explained that the dog would factor heavily into the gameplay in almost every way. At one point, the dog was injured during a battle and limped slowly back to its master. Molyneux, however, commanded his hero to leave the dog where it was, adding that the injured dog would slowly limp back to its home even if abandoned.

Another key feature has been added to Fable 2: sex. As before, players can find mates (and yes, same-sex marriage is still firmly in the game). But in a new twist, players can choose to have sex with a mate...and more interestingly, can choose to engage in protected or unprotected sex. The latter option can result in a pregnancy, even for the main character (females are a new option for hero characters). Once born, your offspring will bear a physical resemblance to your hero, and will celebrate your victories when you come by the homestead to visit the family.

What won't be in Fable 2? Miscarriages (Fable 2 "isn't a pregnancy simulation," Molyneux added), high-maintenance sidekicks (the dog "musn't p*ss players off"), and the mini-map from the first game (which Molyneux bemoaned as stealing all the attention from the graphics).

Molyneux shot down theories that Fable 2 would appear in 2007, though, meaning that 2008 is the most likely launch date for the game.

Overall, the graphics in the ultra-early build looked impressive but clearly unfinished. The dog was the most graphically detailed object on display, and featured advanced fur simulation, interpolated animation (which made for highly realistic movements), and massive outdoor environments

its kinda wierd that if your character is female and engages in what i will regard as "the monster mash" ,little rpg joke for ya' there, that she can get pregnant, how the hell would that effect gameplay i dont know, but its damn wierd all the same.

DeadJonas190
15-Mar-2007, 04:25 AM
You can get the actual video here http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9931

They released it so there's no need for that snuck footage. It's pretty interesting.

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 05:07 AM
F**k my old boots :eek:, amazing footage. Top post Hellz.

Danny
15-Mar-2007, 08:15 AM
tell me about it, granted fable wasnt exactly what was promised but with teh contsraints of the console i think it rocked nonetheless, and this is up there with alan wake on my 360 list.

capncnut
15-Mar-2007, 11:11 PM
The first Fable was vastly over rated and Molyneux (as usual) overhyped it's capabilities. Still it was a fine game and this one looks like it's gonna be even better. With GUNS no less. :cool:

Danny
16-Mar-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah the origional promised fables graphical style but with it suffered from the same thign resi 4 did, your in the middle of the woods but mysteriously theres biggass trenches cut through for you to walk through, and yyou can only walk through there.
it promised walking through a completely free roaming forest ala oblivion and having bandits jump out the trees completely at random and you could cower and drop stuff or fight them to the death, heres hoping thats back for fable 2.

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 07:15 PM
Indeed and I'm loving the darker imagery for this installment too. :cool: