PDA

View Full Version : Sounds of war...

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know a site where I can - legally - acquire audio clips of sounds of warfare, preferably for free, that can be used in a project I am working on - i.e. royalty free.

The director of the project has a sequence in mind that would require such sound effects, what I'm looking for is:

* Sword fighting (e.g. in medieval warfare)
* Marching
* Bombs
* Guns

And so on, cheers chaps - remember, keep it legal and royalty free/non copyrighted. :)

bassman
15-Mar-2007, 04:06 PM
I did a search on Google and came up with this. There are alot if you search, though.

Hope it helps.:)

Tricky
15-Mar-2007, 06:10 PM
This is what you need :D

http://www.hfmgroup.com/professionalsupplies/battle-pyrotechnics.html

or possibly a recording of call of duty 2 sound effects....

MinionZombie
15-Mar-2007, 11:22 PM
Came up with what? Did ye forget the linkage? :)

capncnut
16-Mar-2007, 02:15 AM
Just use a tape recorder to record some old war film, or as Trick says, a videogame.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2007, 11:30 AM
It needs to be above board, that's the thing though. :rockbrow:

I found a site where he could buy a CD of war sounds, so I'll send him that link, and I found some free sounds somewhere else. It's a start anyway! :)

Danny
16-Mar-2007, 03:49 PM
try here there may be something you can use, i normally use it for flash animations myself but theres a link to a great sound archive on there ...somewere.

http://www.flashkit.com/

MikePizzoff
16-Mar-2007, 05:59 PM
I did a search on Google and came up with this. There are alot if you search, though.

Hope it helps.:)

Still waiting.......... :rockbrow:

Tricky
16-Mar-2007, 06:06 PM
Ask the local T.A. centre if you can record the sounds of gunfire when their on the practice range :)

_liam_
16-Mar-2007, 06:08 PM
dont forget the kaiser scream

DVW5150
17-Mar-2007, 05:43 PM
On my bands cd we have composed 2 songs that use a foley (soundbed) to convey an atmosphere , one is about how combat changes your soul (sounds from Black), the other is about after the Big One ; crumbling buildings bending steel (lifted off Killzone) ... I am hardly worried about copywrite infringement because they are subtle enough to be effective but not prominent enough to provoke such action . After Captknut gets a copy that I finally send , I will leave it to him to 'review' it and i trust his opinion to represent what Blindfold has to offer .
My drummer works at the Smithsonian Folkways recordings , he gave me a cd called "Good morning Vietnam" , which is sounds recorded in Duc Pho , Saigon , Ahn Khe and the central highlands there about 1972 . One tract has vietnamese kids playing , then you here an attack of some kind ... I cant listen to it (very often) ; Its the real thing , because I am aware of this , it is deeply disturbing .

Danny
17-Mar-2007, 09:49 PM
though a fun thing to do is make your own archive of sound effects, hell thats what they did back in the day, just get a room, fill it with crap and get a microphone, wooden blocks for gun fire and stuff, snapping wooden 2 by 4s for bones breaking, if you use your imagination you can come up with some disgusting stuff, like setting a jelly filled with polystyrene "s"'s and crushing it slowly, great sound effect for the "ugh..." factor for a horror flick.:D

deadpunk
18-Mar-2007, 05:54 PM
http://www.sounddogs.com/

My father-in-law does voice-over as a suppliment to his disc jockey income. He pointed me to this site when I was interested in putting sound on my webpages.

:)