PDA

View Full Version : $10,000 Martini???

HLS
18-Mar-2007, 04:38 PM
I mean. gezzz..... I will settle for a $2 pint beer. For 10 grand I can pay off all my outstanding debts including my car! If anyone wants to throw away 10 grand please send it to me:D

http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&art_id=qw1101961980946B241

http://www.iol.co.za/data/picdb/d/e/newspic41aed6b096442

Chic Freak
18-Mar-2007, 04:42 PM
"The tipple requires 72 hours' notice, and buyers meet with a jeweller to select a gem and with hotel staff to ensure the cocktail is delivered to the right table."

Haha. That's the sort of thing that normally happens to me. I'd probably get the wrong martini delivered to my table, drink it, then send it back with a complaint because there was a bit of broken glass or the bar staff's jewellery in the bottom :lol:

"D'oh"

HLS
18-Mar-2007, 05:58 PM
"The tipple requires 72 hours' notice, and buyers meet with a jeweller to select a gem and with hotel staff to ensure the cocktail is delivered to the right table."

Haha. That's the sort of thing that normally happens to me. I'd probably get the wrong martini delivered to my table, drink it, then send it back with a complaint because there was a bit of broken glass or the bar staff's jewellery in the bottom :lol:

"D'oh"

lol

Or realize they delivered it to the wrong table and you drink it, realize you got a free diamond. And take off.

Chic Freak
18-Mar-2007, 06:30 PM
Yep. I can't do blank face when I'm trying to get away with something. I always look shifty.

Unlike my aforementioned mate Kerry, who can carry off blue murder with a totally bored face. I envy her.

HLS
18-Mar-2007, 06:35 PM
Yep. I can't do blank face when I'm trying to get away with something. I always look shifty.

Unlike my aforementioned mate Kerry, who can carry off blue murder with a totally bored face. I envy her.

I find it hard to keep a streight face as well. I can never play jokes on people for I always crack up.

Tied2thetracks
18-Mar-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't see anyone wasting cash on this. 10k? it sounds more like you are buying a diamond than a drink. Who really wants to have to fish out a loose rock from the bottom of their drink?

I'd put that glass next to my 1000k sundae dish, for 10k i think i'd take the table home too.

Chic Freak
18-Mar-2007, 06:51 PM
for 10k i think i'd take the table home too.

Lmao. Spoken like a true student. Although to complete your inaugration you would also need to take the following home as well:

- salt and pepper shakers
- loo rolls
- cutlery
- straws
- the entire reserves of anything that claims to be "complementary"
- any and all glasses
- at least one member of the bar staff or bouncers

HLS
18-Mar-2007, 08:18 PM
Lmao. Spoken like a true student. Although to complete your inaugration you would also need to take the following home as well:

- salt and pepper shakers
- loo rolls
- cutlery
- straws
- the entire reserves of anything that claims to be "complementary"
- any and all glasses
- at least one member of the bar staff or bouncers

My sister, when we were kids, stole glasses from every restaurant she ate at especially if it had the restaurants logo on it. she has a shelf totally devoted to all the glasses she lifted over the years.

Tied2thetracks
18-Mar-2007, 08:23 PM
yes, barmaid and a couple of tooth picks.

capncnut
19-Mar-2007, 11:10 AM
I see a pattern forming here. :D

_liam_
19-Mar-2007, 12:13 PM
lightbulbs from the toilet, take a plastic bottle and empty the soap dispenser into it.

i think we may have a new word game thread... how much of a mc donalds can you steal?

Chic Freak
19-Mar-2007, 06:44 PM
Lmao. Anything that isn't nailed down!

:lol:

If we're in McD's now, then hundreds of sachets of sauce, sugar, salt, plastic coffee stirrers... and if in BK, those disposable tinfoil ashtrays (I don't even smoke, but what the hey).

slickwilly13
19-Mar-2007, 06:56 PM
I usually steal TV Guides out of hotel rooms. Or take a match book from any night club.

Chic Freak
19-Mar-2007, 07:15 PM
_liam_ always steals the bibles out of hotel rooms. He's going straight to hell.

slickwilly13
19-Mar-2007, 11:57 PM
Does he plan on opening a bible store? *L*

HLS
20-Mar-2007, 12:00 AM
When I was really really poor and broke I would steal toilet paper from gas station stalls and go to the all you can eat buffet across the street and stuff my pockets full of fried chicken, buns, and cookies.:D

capncnut
20-Mar-2007, 03:45 AM
_liam_ always steals the bibles out of hotel rooms.
Yes and he delivers them to Manson, fresh for the ripping. :cool: