PDA

View Full Version : Fox TV being sued over Carrol Burnett parody on Family Guy

DjfunkmasterG
19-Mar-2007, 06:25 PM
I gotta give to Seth and Company for the slap in the face the gave Carrol Burnett, but I do find it quite hypocritical that she is suing a tv show that spoofed her, when she did nothing but spoof people during her days on TV.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/19/television.burnett.reut/index.html

Danny
19-Mar-2007, 06:36 PM
geez, how long has this episode been out now?, its even been on dvd in the uk for months:rolleyes:

slickwilly13
19-Mar-2007, 06:53 PM
No kidding. She should have at least cared that people still give a sh!t and remembered her.

MikePizzoff
19-Mar-2007, 07:01 PM
geez, how long has this episode been out now?, its even been on dvd in the uk for months:rolleyes:

It aired in April of 2006.

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2007, 07:57 PM
What a dingus, she deserves to lose that suit.

Geez, it's only Family-freakin'-Guy, getting all pissed off about something like that is just mega-lame.

Eyebiter
19-Mar-2007, 08:58 PM
Publicity stunt. Bet Carol has some old TV episodes ready to be released on DVD box sets.

coma
19-Mar-2007, 09:22 PM
Total nuisance suit.
There is no way she will win and it will probably get tossed out before then.
talk about thin skinned

capncnut
20-Mar-2007, 03:32 AM
I suggest she get herself a sense of humour and a personality.

LouCipherr
22-Mar-2007, 12:20 PM
I suggest she get herself a sense of humour and a personality.

Exactly. Deal with it. Family Guy (as well as hordes of other animated shows) make fun of everyone - and they aren't suing. For the love of whoever-you-worship, get a sense of humor.

She's just being a crybaby. Cry me a river, ya wuss. :lol:

capncnut
23-Mar-2007, 12:02 PM
These celebrities just piss me off, they carve themselves a career and then whinge when people criticise them. She's constantly in the public eye and therefore knows exactly what to expect. She made her own bed, now she can lie in it.