PDA

View Full Version : falls under that bites.

zombieslayer
19-Mar-2007, 11:45 PM
just got my copy of night of the living dead audobook in the mail and listened to it. after it was over the tape broke on me on the inside so i can't fix it.

coma
20-Mar-2007, 01:02 AM
use a small coping saw (like a hacksaw but small). Saw it open. Splice the tape using scotch tape. trim neatly. Tape or crazy glue case back together.C'mon dude, your from the cassette generation like I am. You never fixed a tape before?:p

Though it does bite. That tape has to be very old

capncnut
20-Mar-2007, 04:03 AM
Old skool tricks man. :lol:

coma
20-Mar-2007, 04:23 AM
Old skool tricks man. :lol:
You know it!:)

zombieslayer
20-Mar-2007, 01:52 PM
been a while since i had a tape, forgot i could do that. lol. thanks for the info.

dmbfanintn
20-Mar-2007, 03:08 PM
Yep,

Just make sure that you don't tape that wrong side to the end.

I will twist in there and get all screwed up if your not careful. I fixed an old Pink Floyd the Wall cassette so many times back in the day...

Head Shotz
21-Mar-2007, 12:31 AM
You can also look for some of the higher end recordable tapes that had a case that was screwed together so that you could swap the tape inself into a new case versus glueing and taping the old one.:barf:

coma
21-Mar-2007, 12:33 AM
You can also look for some of the higher end recordable tapes that had a case that was screwed together so that you could swap the tape inself into a new case versus glueing and taping the old one.:barf:
Forgot about that trick. The high end cases run much smoother.

Yep,

Just make sure that you don't tape that wrong side to the end.

Yes. Thats how you end up with one half in reverse