PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 and Ace Combat 6 coming to 360

CoinReturn
20-Mar-2007, 05:04 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html

March 19, 2007 - Nothing seems to go Sony's way these days. One of the PlayStation 3's bigger exclusives, Devil May Cry 4, is also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. To pour salt into Sony's wounds, Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

Having sold more than seven million units on PlayStation 2, the DMC series is ready to tackle the next-generation of consoles. DMC4 introduces a brand new protagonist, Nero, who uses the mysterious "Devil Bringer" arm to unleash "non-stop combos."

It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."

No release date has been set for Devil May Cry 4, though the console version are expected to arrive sometime this year.

And here is a scan from Famitsu confirming Ace Combat:
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/5089/1228_0001.jpg

Capcom is smart, and realized the huge potential of the 360 in the west. If MGS4 is ported, what reason is there to own a PS3?

capncnut
20-Mar-2007, 06:23 PM
Other than "BWAAAHAHAHA", do I really need to add anything to that? :rolleyes:

slickwilly13
20-Mar-2007, 06:46 PM
The only problem I have is deciding which game to buy for which system. :D

CornishCorpse
20-Mar-2007, 10:06 PM
Devil May Cry for xbox 360? Ive been waiting for this day since.. well since I bought an xbox 360 :D

slickwilly13
20-Mar-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder which system DMC4 will look and play the best? They will most likely cost around $50-$60.

CornishCorpse
20-Mar-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the ps3 but I hope for the 360, Ive finished the previous three and loved them although they did got a bit to far in the third one with the whole guitar firing electricity, combo was him just doing a solo while melting everything around him.

Pah, still damn fun.

Terran
20-Mar-2007, 11:46 PM
You should hear the Sony fans on gamespot....

Now they are saying retarded stuff like.....
"The Game is going to suck now"...
"Ill never buy a Capcom product again"...
"It was never that great of a franchise to begin with"

When only days earlier this was one of their key titles reguarding awsome exclusives for the PS3....

...*sigh*...

Danny
20-Mar-2007, 11:52 PM
sweet, only got the 3rd one t'uther day, thats aonther for my buy list, and another loss of an exclusive for sony, "lol", i believe is the word.

capncnut
22-Mar-2007, 06:11 AM
The last one I played was 2 so I'll look forward to this.

LHN_VzU4wjc

slickwilly13
22-Mar-2007, 05:01 PM
I have only played and beat DMC 3. Never played the first 2.

Danny
23-Mar-2007, 02:23 PM
the 2nd ones easy as fook but feels massive you even fight a scyscraper that morphs into a giant steel zombie toros thing, but devil may cry one is like 2 quid nowadays and rocks in my opinion.:cool:

CornishCorpse
24-Mar-2007, 07:35 PM
Amen, brother.

A PS legend joins the 360 I can only pray for tekken to follow.

Danny
24-Mar-2007, 11:56 PM
ive never been that hot on fighting games myself, im more of a horr, fps and rpg man.

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2007, 02:20 AM
Hey, at least 360 got Virtua Fighter 5. With the months of extra time to port it, it would be nice if they threw in online play.

DeadJonas190
25-Mar-2007, 03:20 AM
Not only did they lose those as exclusive, it's rumoured that they are going to lose the Katamari series and also the Warhammer series as exclusives. Without those as exclusives what does $ony have left? You know that MGS4 isn't going to stay an exclusive, especially with PS3's lack of an installed base.

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey, at least 360 got Virtua Fighter 5.
Wh-wh-what? We got Virtua Fighter 5? :eek:

<jumps up and down with joy, high fives the dog, throws up on grandma and does a willy waggle> :D

slickwilly13
25-Mar-2007, 04:24 PM
VF 5 will hit 360 later this year. Maybe in the Fall.

Danny
25-Mar-2007, 09:16 PM
Not only did they lose those as exclusive, it's rumoured that they are going to lose the Katamari series and also the Warhammer series as exclusives. Without those as exclusives what does $ony have left? You know that MGS4 isn't going to stay an exclusive, especially with PS3's lack of an installed base.

cool, you know katamari's gonna move to the wii, its the perfect combo.:cool:

DeadJonas190
26-Mar-2007, 02:44 AM
cool, you know katamari's gonna move to the wii, its the perfect combo.:cool:

I just found that out today, I am excited about it, the katamari series is one of my favorites for some weird reason.

Danny
26-Mar-2007, 03:18 AM
i have NEVER seen it in a uk shop for the ps2, so ebays my stop for it but im saving for my wii (not long now:D ) but it looks like a reet good laugh.

slightly on topic :D.

QMTNeeED2sY

general tbag
26-Mar-2007, 03:22 AM
Bahhhh by this time next year i am sure the star wars game for the wii will kill dantes adventures. I can only imagine how fun it will be to swing ur wii remote as a light sabre. ---- Stars wars kid @ home :D

Danny
26-Mar-2007, 03:40 AM
^ why do i foresee a slew of new youtube videos appearing online shortly after its release?:p

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 09:32 AM
VF 5 will hit 360 later this year. Maybe in the Fall.
I love VF. I have always rated it above the Tekken's and the Dead Or Alive's. Takes so long to master and is probably one of the most rewarding beat 'em up's out there.