PDA

View Full Version : RIP Cletus Anderson

thxleo
21-Mar-2007, 02:23 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that longtime Romero production designer Cletus Anderson passed away on March 17th of cancer. Sad news. :(

ILoVeZoMbiE
21-Mar-2007, 07:30 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that longtime Romero production designer Cletus Anderson passed away on March 17th of cancer. Sad news. :(
:(

R.I.P. Cletus

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2007, 07:57 PM
:(

R.i.p.

bub21
21-Mar-2007, 08:03 PM
:( :( :( :(

bassman
21-Mar-2007, 08:39 PM
Well....just to break the mold of constant frown faces and sadness.....

YAY! Rock on Cletus. You helped bring us some great films. Peace bruva.

capncnut
22-Mar-2007, 09:33 AM
You knows it. R.I.P. Cletus.

jdog
23-Mar-2007, 03:52 AM
sad news. R.I.P Cletus.

Philly_SWAT
23-Mar-2007, 06:53 AM
:( RIP Cletus

Here is a link to a rather lenghty obit from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07080/771122-122.stm

For those who dont want to read the entire thing, here are the first three paragraphs.

Cletus Anderson, dean of Pittsburgh set and costume designers for stage and screen, and inspiration to some of the most successful designers nationwide, died Friday at his Squirrel Hill home. He was 69.

The cause of death was cancer, first diagnosed in October. Mr. Anderson had just had what his doctors called a miraculous recovery from a brain bleed, suffered in August. "We danced at a wedding on Sept. 30," said his professional colleague and wife of 42 years, Barbara Anderson. But the cancer was already far advanced when detected.

Mr. Anderson's highest public profile was as production designer on the George Romero films and the national TV specials produced during WQED's golden age. But his greatest influence on national stage and screen design came from his long tenure at Carnegie Mellon University, where he and Mrs. Anderson began as professors of drama in 1968 and together wrote "Costume Design," a standard text.

Moon Knight
23-Mar-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes, he was awesome in Romero's greatest years. R.I.P.

zombieslayer
24-Mar-2007, 01:49 PM

he will be missed by all of us. god speed.

Griff
25-Mar-2007, 02:29 AM
That's a shame. Its fortunate for the fans that Anchor Bay included him on their Divimax release of DAY. Fangoria did a nice piece on him once, if I'm not mistaken.

I dread the day Romero leaves us for greener pastures...