PDA

View Full Version : man this is just thick....not on the same topic, just more idiocy in the gaming world

Danny
21-Mar-2007, 07:30 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6167789.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

the ps3 doesnt come out for over 2 days and people are queing at the virgin store in london!!!:eek:
i cant be the only one thinking this is comepletely thick for 3 reasons.

1:the ps3 has plenty available so its not like they'll be sold out.
2:its been snowing lately.
3:its wednesday ,dont these people have lives?

dont take this as ps3 bashing, grante di dont want one buts thats becuase i dont want to pay over 500 for whats basically a toy that doesnt have any cool exclusives, just in general, no matter what console this would be for this is nuts, star wars fan nuts.

Terran
21-Mar-2007, 08:46 PM
vast majority are likely looking to make money like people did during the USA launch

Danny
21-Mar-2007, 09:02 PM
this is how desperate gamestation is, the trade in rate of a 360 is 170 quid, but if you trade one in for money off a ps3 theyll give you 250 quid off the ps3, and bizaarely only 70 quid off with a wii.
they are piled up, and i **** you not, the demo kiosk they set up with a working ps3 is actually dusty as hell, no-ones even touched the controllers.

sick burn sony!

slickwilly13
21-Mar-2007, 09:58 PM
Remember last Fall when I was laughing and talking sh!t about people over here doing that? Well......now I am laughing and talking sh!t about dumbass Europeans. If you can take the time to camp out, then you could have taken the time to pre-order the damn thing. Maybe you ought to go and heckle them. Tell a group of 30 that the store is only receiving 8 units. *L*

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2007, 10:22 PM
*gasps*

How dare you call us Brits "Europeans"!!! *dramatically spins around and huffs out the door, cape flowing in the wind, head held so high into the air my nose is scuffing the ceiling*

:lol:

Seriously though, pfft ... P$3 ... nuff said. :D

I'm getting my ass a 360 ... perhaps for many people, the P$3 is like a really fit lass who you're so ready to bow down and suck toe for, until they open their gobs and the most horrid accent comes out stringing together the most daft words you've ever heard in your life...:rockbrow:

DVW5150
22-Mar-2007, 12:36 AM
The only game worth trying on the ps3 (in my opinion) would be " Revolution: Fall of Man "... From what I have seen on G4 , its a really good visceral experience . I am jonezing for a new FPS that expands the experience . If I get a ps3 , it will be at least a year from now , the price may come down and the bugs might be worked out . Soon , I will invest in a Xbox360 and get Half Life 2, that will be my mainstay besides Unreal (1999) on my wifes pc , :bored: and Black , Area 51 , Return to castle Wolfenstien & San Andreas (ho hum) on my trusty slimline ps2 ... I am way behind the the 'tech curve' as far as gaming goes . :|

slickwilly13
22-Mar-2007, 12:43 AM
Its Resistance: Fall of Man. Fall of Man plays like Doom and there will most likely be a sequel in the future. That game and Virtual Fighter 5 are the only 2 games worth playing on the PS3. There is a Gundam game over in Japan that plays like Dynasty Warriors series. I am thinking about porting it over, unless a U.S. release is announced.

Danny
22-Mar-2007, 12:47 AM
yeah resistance adn that gta style one called 8 days are the only selling point's to be, scrwew killzone, that aint gonna get anyone to buy a ps3, didnt work for the psp either.:rolleyes:

capncnut
22-Mar-2007, 06:40 AM
All those idiots deserve to get frosted like Jack Nicholson in The Shining. My local Virgin Megastore still have MANY P$3's left for launch day so why there are queues one can only guess. I could call them up and have one delivered by Friday/Saturday morning, without getting a cold and without being mullered by the Box brigade who I imagine are probably reaming them new assholes as they wait in line. Mark my words, when the next next gen war rolls around in 2010, there will be a big announcement from $ony.

<wiggles finger and sqeaks> "Redrum... Redrum... REDRUM... REDRUM... REDRUM!" :lol:

slickwilly13
22-Mar-2007, 04:41 PM
I wonder if those Europeans will get mugged for their money and consoles.....

Danny
23-Mar-2007, 02:21 PM
im gonna say most of caddesden and liverpool are only gonna have stolen ones in there homes, wether bought or not:lol: