PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead #36

Pushead Jim
22-Mar-2007, 01:02 AM
Fresh from the comic shop,just read it. All I can say is that Rick Grimes is a total Bad*ss.Also in the letters section Kirkman says they are back on schedule and # 37 will be out BEFORE the end of March. Happy, Happy,Joy,Joy two Walking Deads in one month. on another note has anyone seen or read " when zombies attack" issue #2 was callin me from the rack today.

Danny
22-Mar-2007, 01:07 AM
-ebay! :D

-holy ****!, One Issue On Ebay 2 Bucks But 12 Dollars P & P!?!?!?!

capncnut
22-Mar-2007, 09:39 AM
These things are like 8 quid each in my comic book shop and there's 36 of em? :confused:

Rottedfreak
22-Mar-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeesh, they get another professional and kill off the rest.

coma
22-Mar-2007, 06:22 PM
These things are like 8 quid each in my comic book shop and there's 36 of em? :confused:
You can buy the collections. There is likely a big savings there. Though I have no idea how much a quid is. Or you could find them...somewhere:cool:.

Issue 36 is a good one. Getting back to better writing and none of those stupid no reason splashes. When there is a double page splash it is effective and not just padding. The art seems a bit different. The character are drawn with more individual definition. They usually look so similar I cant tell a lot of them apart.

capncnut
23-Mar-2007, 01:12 PM
There's one compilation that I've been meaning to buy that's a couple of hundred pages long. But knowing absolutely f**k all about the story makes purchasing it a difficult decision.

coma
23-Mar-2007, 02:30 PM
There's one compilation that I've been meaning to buy that's a couple of hundred pages long. But knowing absolutely f**k all about the story makes purchasing it a difficult decision.
If you like the form of comics and tou like the GAR brand of Zombie Apocalypse, you will be more than satisfied. The art is the first book is SPECTACULAR.. The first 5 are in the pantheon of greatest comiics ever, imo
I like almost every issue very much, but the first 6 ar really great.
After you get it, you'll wonder why you waited so long.
I am ultra critical of stupidity in comics and this series has none. Any critisim I have is really just a quibble
Its the only regular schedule book I buy.

Danny
23-Mar-2007, 02:46 PM

i think that one collects the first 25 issues or something, if you cant get em individually (like i have, 1st printings and all :D :NERD:) i recommend the trade paper backs i think the first is the red one called days gone buy they should be 8 quid each, the comics are only £2.15 each at forbidden planet.

coma
23-Mar-2007, 04:32 PM
i think that one collects the first 25 issues or something, if you cant get em individually (like i have, 1st printings and all :D :NERD:) i recommend the trade paper backs i think the first is the red one called days gone buy they should be 8 quid each, the comics are only £2.15 each at forbidden planet.
Why buy the hardcover? Thats a lot of extra dough for a hard book. Just get the Days gone by trade, like hellsing reccomends. Its actually a real good deal that is less that the individual issues.

I'm a total comic Nerd too, hellsing, but not for variants and 1st printings. More about discovering the overlooked and getting good deals on old stuff.
If you get geeked on Silver Age books and 70s stuff you would totally spaz out my collection. Not super large, but well considered. Lots of precode Crime and Horror books from the late 40s/50s. I have hundreds of Jack Kirby Books. I dont know if guys your age are into him, but my selection is very nice. And read. I dont go for that secret library s**t.:mad:

Most disgusting comic series ever. Weird from the 60s. a Black and White mag that was a ripoff of creepy. Lots of guts and popped out eyes. Awesome in a really crappy way.

Danny
23-Mar-2007, 08:54 PM
i aint too much of a dc fan, i prefer marvel myself, though a while bakc on here i posted about how i bought a box of comics and amist the crap there was one silver ages horror comic...with a blonde woman screaming and the last story was abotu a boy changing into a monster, and a batman one featuring a guy called azreal, i sold em both on ebay for a fair bundle.;)

coma
23-Mar-2007, 09:00 PM
i aint too much of a dc fan, i prefer marvel myself, though a while bakc on here i posted about how i bought a box of comics and amist the crap there was one silver ages horror comic...with a blonde woman screaming and the last story was abotu a boy changing into a monster, and a batman one featuring a guy called azreal, i sold em both on ebay for a fair bundle.;)
I didnt mention DC. Why did you think I did?
If you think Jack Kirby means DC, you need to read up on comics history a bit.:p:barf:
That Batman Azreal thing is from the 80s dude. That is not even close to the silver age. Silver age is Late 50s to the early 70s.

When I say Old, I mean about 1978 down. After that the look and style changed a lot. As in comic shops and later varient crap

This is a sliver age book Which I have. Jim Steranko was the bomb

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7e/Nick_Fury7.jpg/175px-Nick_Fury7.jpg

Mutineer
23-Mar-2007, 11:52 PM
I wasn't familiar with the ED Comics; wow ! Check out these Covers

http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=386

Danny
24-Mar-2007, 12:21 AM
trouble is the covers never have owt to do with the content matter:rolleyes:

capncnut
24-Mar-2007, 02:58 AM
True but the compilation is a hard cover copy. I think it's this (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Book/dp/1582406197) one but in my local comic shop it's 12 notes on hardback. Singular issues are between £7.50 and £8.50 rrp so maybe I should get it.

coma
24-Mar-2007, 04:05 AM
True but the compilation is a hard cover copy. I think it's this (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Book/dp/1582406197) one but in my local comic shop it's 12 notes on hardback. Singular issues are between £7.50 and £8.50 rrp so maybe I should get it.
Thats the hard cover version of the Softcover trade. On amazon you could get it for half that price or less
EDIT sorry, I think that one is equal to 3 trades(I am not sure). So that price is pretty good.

Pushead Jim
24-Mar-2007, 08:51 PM
Capnknut this would be the easiest way to by themhttp://cgi.ebay.com/All-5-THE-WALKING-DEAD-tpbs-living-zombies-reg-59_W0QQitemZ190094099887QQcategoryZ35777QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem of course shipping to the UK would probably eliminate any savings you might incur.I am not a comic book fan at all and yet I find myself at the local comic shop every time a new issue comes out. Just for the record I am not affiliated with this seller I'm only using it as an example.

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 04:22 PM
Cheers guys.:)

ngm231
25-Mar-2007, 08:19 PM
i picked it up last night along with some grind house buttons

DeadJonas190
26-Mar-2007, 03:19 AM
I have every issue all original prints also, including the extremely rare issue #2 first printing. It has been reprinted, but the original run was something like 5,000 copies if I am remembering correctly.

As for them being back on track, I will believe it when I see it. Mr. Kirkman has said that many times before only to have it fall back into 6 week intervals.

Pushead Jim
26-Mar-2007, 11:26 AM
update on two issues this month.on the image web site kirkman is saying there was a "printers" error and 37 wont ship this week after all.:rockbrow: As much as i like this series the uneven release dates are killin it for me.Might be time to cancel my pull and just go to the trades.

AcesandEights
26-Mar-2007, 10:50 PM

That's horrific!

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 02:46 AM
Tell me about it, Every new issue is £7.95 and second hand copies are only a couple of pounds cheaper. :mad:

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 03:00 AM
gezz aint that like 18 bucks per comic?!?:eek: