PDA

View Full Version : Friday night Romero double feature on TCM Underground

Eyebiter
22-Mar-2007, 02:50 PM
Night of the Living Dead (1968) and The Crazies (1973)

http://www.tcm.com/underground/index.jsp

Friday March 23 after midnight

bassman
22-Mar-2007, 04:09 PM
SWEET! Thank you so much, eyebiter.

I finally get the chance to see "The Crazies".:D

coma
22-Mar-2007, 06:17 PM
SWEET! Thank you so much, eyebiter.

I finally get the chance to see "The Crazies".:D
Stylistically, It fits right in with NOTLD, Martin, and Dawn. All grainy looking with that french new wave influenced cutting. You're going to like it. It one of my favs.

zombieslayer
22-Mar-2007, 10:58 PM
just set my cable box to tape them.thanks to the info about them being on. last time they was on rob zombie was the host.

Debbieangel
23-Mar-2007, 12:56 AM
Hey Eye THANK YOU!!!! I will set to tape it...I havent seen "The Crazies" since wowww yrs!!!:D

jim102016
23-Mar-2007, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I've never seen 'The Crazies'......

TCM actually has it listed as a Comedy if you click on full schedule and then
the date, hopefully its not an indication of its quality....

http://www.tcm.com/index.jsp

jdog
23-Mar-2007, 04:02 AM
what a cool double bill. the crazies is an awsome flick.

Moon Knight
23-Mar-2007, 06:52 AM
The Crazies is fun and you can see the style forming in terms of editing and violence that would be used in Dawn shortly after. :D

Philly_SWAT
23-Mar-2007, 06:54 AM
Ummm... definately not a comedy, in any sense of the word. I like the film a lot, but I wonder, if it wasnt a GAR film, would I view it in the same way? Guess I'll never know.....

capncnut
23-Mar-2007, 01:17 PM
TCM actually has it listed as a Comedy if you click on full schedule and then
the date, hopefully its not an indication of its quality...
Now that's just crazy. How can they class The Crazies as a comedy? :confused:

ngm231
23-Mar-2007, 03:41 PM
The Crazies is such a good flick, im definatly dvring it.

coma
23-Mar-2007, 04:12 PM
Now that's just crazy. How can they class The Crazies as a comedy? :confused:
Tis but a typo!:D

There is nothing funny aout the crazies. Before Dawn I dont think GAR believed in comic relief:)

Ummm... definately not a comedy, in any sense of the word. I like the film a lot, but I wonder, if it wasnt a GAR film, would I view it in the same way? Guess I'll never know.....
When I saw it as a kid I didnt know who he was and I saw The crazies before I saw Dawn. I knew who he was after that though. It was one of the reasons (That and NOTLD) why I wanted to see Dawn badly.
So I think you would've like it. Plus the blood looks great in the Radiation suits:)

slickwilly13
23-Mar-2007, 04:59 PM
I have never seen The Crazies. Was this a very violent film back in the day. And should I expect to see a censored version on TCM?

bassman
23-Mar-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm not positive, but I don't think it will be edited. Usually when they play movies that late at night/early in the morning, it's unedited.

That's my guess, anyway.

coma
23-Mar-2007, 05:13 PM
I have never seen The Crazies. Was this a very violent film back in the day. And should I expect to see a censored version on TCM?
TCM does not edit or censor movies EVER!
11AM of 2 AM, if it has tits, there they are.
That channel rules.
Though they usually dont how tougher films in the afternoon, more production code films. But in the early evening they will show stuff with lots of swear words.

Bring on the bllod and guts!

Crazies had shooting with prominent blood. But it is not super biolent.
There is however a very disturbing scene about half way through (you will know what I mean when you get there) and the opening is pretty hard. Most of the blood is on White Radiation suits.

capncnut
24-Mar-2007, 02:52 AM
Dude, if you class yourself as a Dawn fan then The Crazies should be right up your alley man.

coma
24-Mar-2007, 04:09 AM
Dude, if you class yourself as a Dawn fan then The Crazies should be right up your alley man.
Its a classic era GAR horror movie. What's to qyestion? Of course they'll like it:)

Minerva_Zombi
24-Mar-2007, 06:01 PM
TCM does not edit or censor movies EVER!
11AM of 2 AM, if it has tits, there they are.
That channel rules.
Though they usually dont how tougher films in the afternoon, more production code films. But in the early evening they will show stuff with lots of swear words.

Bring on the bllod and guts!

Crazies had shooting with prominent blood. But it is not super biolent.
There is however a very disturbing scene about half way through (you will know what I mean when you get there) and the opening is pretty hard. Most of the blood is on White Radiation suits.

There are a couple of things disturbing in that movie. The priest burning himself, The father raping his daughter, the mass burning scenes, etc. I just watched it again on DVD and I love that movie. Has the real feel of most low-budget 70's horror films.

coma
24-Mar-2007, 06:10 PM
There are a couple of things disturbing in that movie. The priest burning himself, The father raping his daughter, the mass burning scenes, etc. I just watched it again on DVD and I love that movie. Has the real feel of most low-budget 70's horror films.
It's def got that GAR feel and look. I think his editing stlye then was very unique. btw The Father, who was also Frankenstein in Day, didnt rape her. She was into it. I least It seemed that way to me. That's one of the wierder parts of the movie. That was the halfway point wierdness I was talking about I like the woman with the broom. I thought the whole intro with the father going nuts and the scared kids was really powerful.
The commentary on the DVD is really goos too

slickwilly13
24-Mar-2007, 06:48 PM
I watched it early this morning after running on the track. That movie was funny. I didn't realize that was the doctor from Day. Btw, the bearded scientist working on the cure. Was that the guy with the eye patch on Dawn? Who else was in it from other Romero movies?

coma
24-Mar-2007, 07:23 PM
I watched it early this morning after running on the track. That movie was funny. I didn't realize that was the doctor from Day. Btw, the bearded scientist working on the cure. Was that the guy with the eye patch on Dawn? Who else was in it from other Romero movies?
Frankenstein from Day was Horny Dad. And The scientist (eye patch fella) was the same actor and supposed to be pretty much the same character. I think thats it.

slickwilly13
24-Mar-2007, 07:37 PM
I liked the fact it was uncut, too. Saw T&A at the beginning. :thumbsup:

coma
24-Mar-2007, 08:05 PM
I liked the fact it was uncut, too. Saw T&A at the beginning. :thumbsup:
told ya:D