PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else looking forward to this?

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 01:19 PM
360 owners have an exclusive new war epic arriving on July 22nd. Entitled Hour Of Victory, it is made by Midway and the game has been hailed as a COD/Medal of Honor beater. This is what Team Xbox had to say:

Hour of Victory, available exclusively for Xbox 360 in Summer 2007, allows you to play a key role in the pivotal and cinematic battles from the European and North African theaters of World War II, using the skills and gameplay style you choose. Sneak into enemy territory as a covert operative, storm the gates as a British Commando, or snipe from afar as an Army Ranger – each character’s unique attributes will be needed for the fulfillment of the overall objective. Only with all these skills working closely together will you be able to say that you helped define the Hour of Victory.

9BXj8YqQCaY

Want more? Click here (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72528) for screenshots.

LoSTBoY
25-Mar-2007, 01:42 PM
Looks good, shame it ain't coming out on the PC.

Notice how slow the aiming was with a pad, a mouse would be so much better.

*Runs away before Capn can retort* :lol: :moon:

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 03:13 PM
Looks exactly like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3. Why would anyone be interested in this game? I played this already. Four times. And it gets progressively worse each time. I'm ****ing SICK of WW2 shooters. They bring nothing new to the table, can people PLEASE STOP BUYING THEM! AAAARGH!

Or at least give us the Pacific Theather for **** sake. I mean, Ok Europe has a great and fascinating history. But I've ****ing relived the landing at Omaha beach 4 or 5 times now, I get a ****ing acid-flashback whenever someone mentions Saving Private Ryan.

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2007, 04:06 PM
Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault - came out a couple of years ago, was quite good.

As for HoV, it'll have to go some to beat COD2, that was epic...will watch the vid later...

Tricky
25-Mar-2007, 04:33 PM
I like the world war 2 shooters,but as you say the newer ones arent really offering anything new!i think the new generation of graphics cards & processors could make them interesting though,i want to fight the battle of the bulge in crysis style realism,with masses of german armour assualting at the same time!i want bazooka rounds to bounce off the thick frontal armour of a tiger,leaving dents or jamming the mantlet,i want the tank to become a bunker if damaged (turret and machine guns still operating) or if it catches fire i want the crew to try and escape with small arms fire.I want to see medics helping wounded men or comrades dragging injured men behind cover (in real time,not scripted) aaahhhh i can dream....

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 04:50 PM
Notice how slow the aiming was with a pad, a mouse would be so much better.
Exactly, PC gaming is easier. Now stop winding me up people. :lol:

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2007, 05:22 PM
Psh, no force feedback or triggers/pressure sensitive buttons on PC...control pads 4 lyfe

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 05:24 PM
Damn straight broski. :sneaky:

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 07:08 PM
Psh, no force feedback or triggers/pressure sensitive buttons on PC...control pads 4 lyfe

Oh? The great thing about a PC is that you can actually, if you want too, hook up the 360 controller to it. Making owning a console virtually pointless :D

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh? The great thing about a PC is that you can actually, if you want too, hook up the 360 controller to it. Making owning a console virtually pointless :D
Apart from the fact that at least two thirds of the console games out there aren't even on the PC. :D

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, there are like 2 must own PC games a year. You can at least triple that amount for consoles. Like it or not, big name developers are making their best games for consoles, with PC ports being an afterthought. Not to mention when you're playing online with a console, everybody has the same system specs and control pad. You don't have to worry about somebody getting that kill because your computer lagged, or that guy who has the bad ass trackball mouse dominating the match because you're still using a mechanical ball mouse.

Don't get me wrong, I love PC gaming as much as the next guy, but besides Crysis, there isn't much else out there that interests me, or is coming to the 360 also (C&C 3).

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 08:37 PM
Apart from the fact that at least two thirds of the console games out there aren't even on the PC. :D

But nine-tenths of the PC games out there aren't on any consoles. And many of them are moddeable.

Danny
25-Mar-2007, 09:12 PM
nope, not excited in the least, i am ****ing sick to my back teeth of world war 2 shooters, we know the plot of the game, who you will play as and what the game will entail, if youve played call of duty 2 theres no need to play any war game again since there all basically just that.:rolleyes:

Mutineer
25-Mar-2007, 09:22 PM
Looks exactly like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3. Why would anyone be interested in this game? I played this already. Four times. And it gets progressively worse each time. I'm ****ing SICK of WW2 shooters. They bring nothing new to the table, can people PLEASE STOP BUYING THEM! AAAARGH!

Or at least give us the Pacific Theather for **** sake. I mean, Ok Europe has a great and fascinating history. But I've ****ing relived the landing at Omaha beach 4 or 5 times now, I get a ****ing acid-flashback whenever someone mentions Saving Private Ryan.

But . it's . not . out . yet . You played in 4 times in your head maybe.

-

I'm a PC Gamer and play a ton of Forgotten Hope (a BF Mod). They have tons of Pacific Theatre maps:

Invasion of the Philippines (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=24&lang=english)Wake (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=29&lang=english)

Coral Sea (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=22&lang=english)Guadal Canal (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=23&lang=english)Midway (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=26&lang=english)

Adak Island (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=19&lang=english)Battle of Makin (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=21&lang=english)Tarawa (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=28&lang=english)

Battle Isle (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=20&lang=english)Saipan (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=27&lang=english)

Iwo Jima (http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?module=maps&scenario=4&map=25&lang=english)

Next on list is:

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/main.php?lang=english

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2007, 09:25 PM
What's wrong with being a fan of war shooters? As the technology develops you can create ever more 'realistic' and heart-pounding battles, and in a weird way, it'll perhaps teach some kids a bit about the war that they don't learn in school, they might get a taste ... unless they're a dickhead who just goes "cool" and that's it.

If you don't like them, then don't f*cking buy them and stop complaining! :eek:

Danny
25-Mar-2007, 09:28 PM
then why all the remake and uwe boll bashing?,

simply because we can and want to.

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2007, 09:36 PM
Some remakes are good, or try very hard, and it's recognised.

Uwe Boll just makes cock, and ain't you the one making Boll jokes quite often? :sneaky::p I barely talk of the nob.

There's always room for a healthy dose of hypocrisy, you can never make it through the week without a little sliver...

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 10:02 PM
then why all the remake and uwe boll bashing?,

simply because we can and want to.

Word. I mean if we follow that logic, MZ, then we can just say "Well don't watch it then" and end the discussion, whenever someone pops up a new thread about a film being remade.

I hate War World 2 shooters. They were fun awhile, but now they're just annoying. I hate anything and everything lacks orginality. And yes, Mutineer, I have played this game back when it was called Medal of Honor.

But is that BF42 or BF2 you're playing?

CoinReturn
25-Mar-2007, 11:07 PM
An "alternate universe" WWII game would be welcome. Imagine if the Allied forces were unable to stop the Axis powers, and they began to attack the USA and England with ground troops. It would be awesome fighting through the streets of New York with an M1 circa 1944.

EvilNed
26-Mar-2007, 12:11 AM
An "alternate universe" WWII game would be welcome. Imagine if the Allied forces were unable to stop the Axis powers, and they began to attack the USA and England with ground troops. It would be awesome fighting through the streets of New York with an M1 circa 1944.

I always thought it would be cool if they did a WW2 action film with bullet time effects. It would be neat if done properly (and Zack Snyder wasn't directing).

CoinReturn
26-Mar-2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah, the contrast between the futuristic bullet time and the gritty WWII era battlefields would be damn cool if done right.

Danny
26-Mar-2007, 12:45 AM

isnt that like 3 star trek episodes, one episode of sliders, a few novels and a ps3 gaem, but with mutants?

coma
26-Mar-2007, 01:52 AM

I will continue to buy them and I honestly dont care if others are sick of them. You're sick of them, I am not.:p I think they always get BETTER. Though you have a point about too much Europe. Though COD2 has Afrika. Vring on the Iwo Jima already!

What I am sick of is exclusive games, Crrrrrrrap!

What's wrong with being a fan of war shooters? As the technology develops you can create ever more 'realistic' and heart-pounding battles, and in a weird way, it'll perhaps teach some kids a bit about the war that they don't learn in school, they might get a taste ... unless they're a dickhead who just goes "cool" and that's it.

Word to big bird.

I think the games make real war easier to understand. In other words it is Super easy to get blown to ****

I would love to blow up Nazis in Brroklyn or something. That would ROOOOOCK.
Unless it was console only.:confused:

isnt that like 3 star trek episodes, one episode of sliders, a few novels and a ps3 gaem, but with mutants?
Yes and I never get tired of it. I like alt history SF alot. Its my favorite kind

They should make a red dawn type game

Mutineer
26-Mar-2007, 04:43 AM
I And yes, Mutineer, I have played this game back when it was called Medal of Honor.

Ahhh; I get it :) :D

-

But is that BF42 or BF2 you're playing?

BOth

I play Forgotten Hope off of BF42 but am waiting (impaitently) for FH2 (off the BF2 engine)

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, there are like 2 must own PC games a year. You can at least triple that amount for consoles. Like it or not, big name developers are making their best games for consoles, with PC ports being an afterthought.
You knows it bro, Nuff said.

Whoa, the wrath of MZ! :D Don't worry about Hellsing, he's too busy looking for kid's games like... <snigger>
We Love Katamari. :rolleyes::lol:

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2007, 11:00 AM
What I want is war games set in a war that you can 'enjoy' and not feel quilty about, like you know how Starship Troopers is basically WW2, but it's made up, so you can go without feeling guilty, and just be a boy at heart who loves a bit of war action now and then...

And there's a P$3 game called Resistance: Fall of Man in which WW2 raged on, but instead of Nazis, it was lizard-like alien things ... basically, it's the P$3's Gears of War from the sounds of it...

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 12:15 PM
What I want is war games set in a war that you can 'enjoy' and not feel quilty about, like you know how Starship Troopers is basically WW2, but it's made up, so you can go without feeling guilty, and just be a boy at heart who loves a bit of war action now and then...

And there's a P$3 game called Resistance: Fall of Man in which WW2 raged on, but instead of Nazis, it was lizard-like alien things ... basically, it's the P$3's Gears of War from the sounds of it...
Yeah but f**k paying 500 bar to play one decent game. If it's the Starship Troopers thing your after then Mass Effect might be a worth a peek.

Danny
26-Mar-2007, 10:15 PM

actually i liked resistance a bit more than gears but one game is not gonna make me spend that much money on a console, when you think about ti thats just mroe reason to put you off it.

basically while the war begins russia suddenyl goes radio silent ,no signals or broadcasts, totally dead, but no one checks since that'd be "going behind the iron cuirtain", and spreading out from russia is a new army of creatures called the chimera, its a type of virus that mutates humans so if a platoon falls theyll get up again as chimera soldiers, the protagonist is one such platoon but he doesnt change all the way, kinda cliche but since its set in ww2 britain and america it stands out.

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 12:54 AM
and spreading out from russia is a new army of creatures called the chimera...
Them dirty bastards, HATE 'em! :D

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 01:53 AM
^ ..anyone get that joke?

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah but f**k paying 500 bar to play one decent game. If it's the Starship Troopers thing your after then Mass Effect might be a worth a peek.
Perzactly, trumped up price for a console spawned from sheer corporate arrogance and assumption, *ug*, f*ck off with ya, at least Wii and 360 had a laugh with it, Sony just assumed their place was secured, well sorry mateys, no assuming, ya dickheads!

Mmm...gimme some Gears of War methinks...that sumbitch looks TASTY!

Tricky
27-Mar-2007, 09:57 AM
Im not keen on games set in future wars anymore as they ALWAYS have huge mechs stomping about (mechs are cool,but enough already) floating tanks,carbon copies of the HK's from the terminator films & blokes in body suits that you couldnt possibly move in,with bigger shoulder pads than the entire 80's!and they are inevitably set in either wrecked cities or barren featureless wastegrounds.All very samey.The world war 2 ones can be samey as well,but at the same time theres an attachment to those because we know it happened,and to someone who's read a fair bit about WW2,its interesting to see a battle fold out the way its told in the history books :)

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 11:05 AM
you can never have enough mechs.:cool:

"chicks dig giant robots...":lol:

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 02:34 PM
Mmm...gimme some Gears of War methinks...that sumbitch looks TASTY!
Oh yeah, it sure is. :cool:

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2007, 07:18 PM
Aye I know what you mean, Tricky. Plus, with future war stuff it doesn't feel *real* enough, because all the guns, armour and so forth is all made up, and they wanna get to fancy or too desolate.

Now, something like GRAW seems okay, because it's set in the near future, but it's also seated in reality (so much so that the mayor of some Mexican town that is featured in the game has ordered for it to be banned in his area! :eek:)