PDA

View Full Version : Would you say you've 'travelled the world'?

Neil
25-Mar-2007, 04:48 PM
ie: Have you gone to a couple of far distant corners of it away from your home, and flown around it etc?

Huescacho
25-Mar-2007, 04:52 PM
I voted yes, because I was in Great Britain, France, Andorra and Morocco. All this places, are frontere of Spain. When I was young, I travelled a lot of... I know other cities in Spain too.

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 04:54 PM
Been as far as the doorstep to collect the papers. :lol:

Okay, I've been a few places but around the world like Phineas Fogg, nope. Going to the USA this year sometime so all you New Yorkers... BEWARE!!! :eek::elol:

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 04:57 PM
No, I've only been to the US, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland, England and Germany.

I'm aiming for China, Australia and Ireland next.

Huescacho
25-Mar-2007, 05:03 PM
No, I've only been to the US, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland, England and Germany.

Why are you voting no?. You travelled a lot!.

Neil
25-Mar-2007, 05:03 PM

Would love to do China etc!

Personally I'd rate New Zealand far more visitable than Australia if you're in that area :)

capncnut
25-Mar-2007, 05:09 PM
I would love to go to Aussieland but I've heard it's an absolute bear pit there. :eek:

slickwilly13
25-Mar-2007, 05:26 PM
I would like to see Japan. All the hobby shops, arcades, fights, food, chicks, etc

coma
25-Mar-2007, 05:42 PM
= Going to the USA this year sometime so all you New Yorkers... BEWARE!!! :eek::elol:
Just what we need, another immigrant who cant talk American:lol:

I have been to about 20+ states in the US but haven't been to Any other continent. When I have time I have no money and vice versa. You'd be surprised at how different the states can be from one another. Like Utah. Another universe far as I am concerned.:)

I would like to see Japan. All the hobby shops, arcades, fights, food, chicks, etc
Pachinko!
Nude waitresses.
Sumo. I got to see that.

Terran
25-Mar-2007, 05:57 PM
Havent left the east coast and gone no further north than Atlantic City

Furtherest south FLorida

axlish
25-Mar-2007, 07:30 PM
I've been over most of the continental USA, and Jamaica :)

Next on the agenda is Italy & central Europe.

EvilNed
25-Mar-2007, 08:26 PM
Why are you voting no?. You travelled a lot!.

Yeah but Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany aren't really that far from each other. Nor is Poland. We're like next door neighbours (and Poland is that annoying guy in the neighbourhood everyone wish would just move because his house looks like ****). :p No offense to any poles around here, but I've been to that country and the architectures it NOT pretty.

Mutineer
25-Mar-2007, 09:14 PM
I voted NO but:

I have lived in:

San Diego, CA
Lakeland, FL
Augusta, GA
Wilmington, NC

I've driven across the United States; twice.

I've been to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Tecate, Tijuana, Esenada and Puerta Vallarta in MEXICO

I have experienced an extended stay in the following cities (and not on a plane lay over)

San Fransico, CA
Taos, NM
Phoenix, AZ
Cape May, NJ
Catalina Island
The Donner Pass (Truckee, CA)

I have cruised on the open ocean from San Diego, Ca all the way past Vancouver, CA and into the Bering Sea.

I have stayed in Dutch Harbor, Kodiak and Adak, Alaska.

Danny
25-Mar-2007, 09:26 PM
ive been to london once, hated it and havent left the midlands since:lol:

though since i want to make movies for a living late rin life i reckon ill travel some places if i do make it, i'd like to go to japan, finland and canada.

nto america, if we go over now our prints get taken and put into a database and that just doesnt sit right with me:shifty:

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2007, 09:47 PM
I've travelled a lot of Britain, and a fair bit of Ireland, been to France and Belgium ... that's it. :lol:

I voted "no" ... blates.

Really wanna see Canada though! ... and Alaska ... and Japan (especially Tokyo) ... and New York ... wouldn't mind checking out Finland, and who knows, if I got the chance to go to one of the poles to do some filming I'd be there for definite, you don't often get to see that sh*t, eh?

Hopefully I'll have a good career and get to travel a lot and see a load. :)

7feet
25-Mar-2007, 09:54 PM
US, up and down, mostly. Just not Texas. Don't gimme any ****e, my brother lives there and likes it, so I'll get there in time. Mexico, but not vast distacnes from the border (Mexico is friggin' big). Pretty much all of Europe, 'cept the postage stamps like Luxembourg, etc.

My favorite places were (besides Paris - nothing beats boning on the banks of the Seine beneath Notre Dam and having an unexpected tourist boat go by, with cheering) more "Eastern Europe". Yugoslavia and Hungary iron curtain style were, as they say, the bomb.

Got teargassed by the cops at a punk show in Budapest. One of my favorite moments, how often do you get teargassed for having fun? By Commie Cops? Maybe I'm weird, but that was mad cool. By the way, teargas does actually kinda hurt. But can lead to sticking it in and wigglin' it around a little. I'm just sayin'. And one of the most straight-up insane hardcore shows I ever saw. Nothing like knowing the Stasi might come to get yer bollocks ruffled.

Still, I would like to go a little farther afield. I literally haven't been out of NYC for 15 years for more than 3 days at a shot (twice there, oh , I'm dyin' here), so anywhere would be cool. Had a friend who went on "safari" with his sis, she won some radio contest, and then he ditched 'em and hung out with some normal people in Kenya.

I don't look for exotic people. I go to somewhere "exotic" and find the regular gits. Maybe not my regular, but just folks, y'know? People I'd talk to anyway.

Tricky
25-Mar-2007, 09:57 PM
Ive been all over britain but i havent left these shores yet!quite sad at 25 lol,but my parents could never afford foreign holidays and ive never had the money until now.Im going on a mad week in ibiza in september,and hopefully visiting Normandy in france this summer :)

7feet
25-Mar-2007, 10:48 PM
US, up and down, mostly. Just not Texas. Don't gimme any ****e, my brother lives there and likes it, so I'll get there in time. Mexico, but not vast distacnes from the border (Mexico is friggin' big). Pretty much all of Europe, 'cept the postage stamps like Luxembourg, etc.

My favorite places were (besides Paris - nothing beats boning on the banks of the Seine beneath Notre Dam and having an unexpected tourist boat go by, with cheering) more "Eastern Europe". Yugoslavia and Hungary iron curtain style were, as they say, the bomb.

Got teargassed by the cops at a punk show in Budapest. One of my favorite moments, how often do you get teargassed for having fun? By Commie Cops? Maybe I'm weird, but that was mad cool. By the way, teargas does actually kinda hurt. But can lead to sticking it in and wigglin' it around a little. I'm just sayin'. And one of the most straight-up insane hardcore shows I ever saw. Nothing like knowing the Stasi might come to get yer bollocks ruffled.

Still, I would like to go a little farther afield. I literally haven't been out of NYC for 15 years for more than 3 days at a shot (twice there, oh , I'm dyin' here), so anywhere would be cool. Had a friend who went on "safari" with his sis, she won some radio contest, and then he ditched 'em and hung out with some normal people in Kenya.

I don't look for exotic people. I go to somewhere "exotic" and find the regular gits. Maybe not my regular, but just folks, y'know? People I'd talk to anyway.

HLS
25-Mar-2007, 11:09 PM
I voted no. I have been to 35/40 of the 50 American states and America is as big as all of Europe pretty much. I was so close to going to Canada. I was at Niagara falls.
I am kinda jealous of my family. My dad was with the NSA and he lived in Lybia, Arabia and Ethiopia in the late 50's early 60's and my mom lived in Morocco, Germany and I think France. My siblings were born in Europe. I feel left out never leaving the USA

DeadJonas190
26-Mar-2007, 03:10 AM
I say yes because I have been all over the US, I have been to Mexico and Canada and I vacationed in Europe.

GRMonLI
26-Mar-2007, 03:39 AM
to Paris, Mexico, Canada, California, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Virginia, Washington D.C., Akaska, Utah, New Jersey, Pennsylvania...and probably other states I am too tired to remember.

October 2007 I am scheduled to go to Budapest, Prague and Vienna.

Would this make me well traveled?

All I know is that I LOVE to travel and would love to do more.

jdog
26-Mar-2007, 04:00 AM
never left canada myself, but i hope to go to the u.s.a soon and see philadelphia and pittsburge.

Mutineer
26-Mar-2007, 04:36 AM
never left canada myself, but i hope to go to the u.s.a soon and see philadelphia and pittsburge.

Although I get the GAR connection; set your sights a bit higher !:rolleyes:

HLS
26-Mar-2007, 06:30 AM
I been to Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, Wyoming, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Washington D.C. and a few others I can not remember at the moment for it is 1:30 am in the mornign and i am getting a brain fart thinking of this lol!

_liam_
26-Mar-2007, 11:24 AM
no, but i've been to;
spain
france (nice, paris, normandy)
denmark
america (ny, florida, atlanta & philadelphia)
ireland (everywhere)
jamaica (montego bay)

i want to go to germany, poland & japan.

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 12:25 PM
Other than New York and California, I would love to go to Germany, China, Japan and Russia. :cool:

Huescacho
26-Mar-2007, 01:43 PM
I lived in Madrid, Huesca, Málaga, Huesca again, and now, Montmesa...

Rolfus
26-Mar-2007, 01:55 PM
Would love to do China etc!

Personally I'd rate New Zealand far more visitable than Australia if you're in that area :)

I would love to go to Aussieland but I've heard it's an absolute bear pit there. :eek:

well being form the uk you would need to go where the sheep are at :D

Philly_SWAT
26-Mar-2007, 02:42 PM
I have yet to visit outside of the United States. But in regards to the website that I am on, I have visited downtown Ft. Myers, Sannibel Island, Monroeville, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Evans City, PA and Wampum, PA, so I figure I am doing pretty good.

Nascar trips have taken me to Daytona Beach and Homestead, FL, Darlington, SC, Rockingham and Charlotte in NC (also North WIlkesboro), Martinsville and Richmond VA, Bristol, TN, and Loudon, NH.

Dommm
03-Apr-2007, 03:00 PM
I voted no as I have so much more to see

so far
Tanzania - Dar es salaam
UAE - Dubai
Thailand- Bangkok, Koi PHI pHi, Koi Somai (I think I spelt those right)
Egypt - Shar mel Shake
Amsterdamn 8x
Antiga
Kenya various locations
Isle of Wqeight
lived most of my life in London
Almost forgot, Las Vages, Los Angelas, Texas, Mexico, Grand Canyon

Going to Jamaica, Tibet and a second trip to Dubai this year, Yay!!

Now I am just bragging

Kaos
03-Apr-2007, 03:29 PM
I have been to Germany, France, Canada, Mexico, and live in the U.S. So I voted "No".

I live in a suburb of Baltimore, MD and I grew up in a suburb of D.C. They are worlds apart from one another yet only 30 miles distance.

I have been to California (Northern and Southern), Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Massachusetts.