PDA

View Full Version : Zack Snyder returns to zombies again?

Neil
26-Mar-2007, 08:25 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117961772.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the warning, I shall stay well clear of that one! :D

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2007, 11:26 AM
Busy bee indeed ... but won't World War Z be out by the time Snyder's gets going?

More flying bastard zombies? :sheesh:

Tullaryx
26-Mar-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh, I'll give it a try. I am one of the few who actually got enjoyment out of the Dawn remake/reimagining/reboot/redone. :)

Neil
26-Mar-2007, 02:33 PM
Busy bee indeed ... but won't World War Z be out by the time Snyder's gets going?

More flying bastard zombies? :sheesh:

And "Cell"? OK - They're not zombies... But sort of...

MikePizzoff
26-Mar-2007, 04:24 PM
Cell is being made into a movie??? I'm nearing the end of the book and would love to see it [properly] made into a feature length film!

DjfunkmasterG
26-Mar-2007, 04:44 PM
Awesome news. Thanks for the news Neil.

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2007, 06:13 PM
Indeed, be they zombies or just infected, there's plenty of that sort of film coming out now/soon, so I don't entirely 'get' Snyder's thought process on it ... and I bet they friggin' run too... :barf::(

coma
26-Mar-2007, 06:15 PM
Indeed, be they zombies or just infected, there's plenty of that sort of film coming out now/soon, so I don't entirely 'get' Snyder's thought process on it ... and I bet they friggin' run too... :barf::(
I dont think he gets it either.
And think Watchmen is going to suck. He is going to totally miss the point, no doubt. I dont think he is any kind of thinking man.

bassman
26-Mar-2007, 06:22 PM
I dont think he gets it either.
And think Watchmen is going to suck. He is going to totally miss the point, no doubt. I dont think he is any kind of thinking man.

I'm with you on that one. That's what I kept thinking the whole time I was watching "300": "Did Snyder actually think this through, or just have some barely clothed men swing swords in front of a green screen, let the CG department add in the background, and then slow down and speed up the film at random moments throughout the entire movie?"

He's not a thinking director at all. He should've stuck with commercials. That's his style....the visual aspect. Everything else falls completely flat.

El_Hooligan
26-Mar-2007, 07:22 PM
This is good news!

I loved 300 and I also enjoyed Dawn '04 too.

EvilNed
26-Mar-2007, 07:48 PM
I know that when Snyder says one thing, what he really means is "I'm gonna make an action film with pretty visuals".

Deadman_Deluxe
26-Mar-2007, 07:54 PM
If he had any sense about him, he would have just done that originally, instead of messing about with the whole DAWN thing.

Ergo, zak "the hack" snyder is still nonsensical.

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2007, 08:41 PM
Was watching TV earlier and there was an advert for "300" on, and it struck me - there's absolutely no plot mentioned in the trailer, which is what you usually, if not ALWAYS, find in a trailer. There's a mere line of dialogue - some beardy bloke shouting - then it's just a load of slow-mo visuals and action footage that looks pretty ... that's IT, nothing more.

I haven't bothered seeing it yet, won't for some time, but from those who have seen it, is that basically it? Just visuals and no plot? :rolleyes:

bassman
26-Mar-2007, 08:49 PM
Precisely, MZ. It's entertaining for one mindless viewing....but it goes nowhere past that. Just like Dawn04.

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2007, 08:51 PM
Precisely, MZ. It's entertaining for one mindless viewing....but it goes nowhere past that. Just like Dawn04.
Ahhhhh right then...*ahem*..."acquire" will be the 'word of the day toilet paper' with this flick then, eh? :rockbrow:

All trousers and no bollocks behind to push them forth, eh? *tisk*

DjfunkmasterG
26-Mar-2007, 09:36 PM
Was watching TV earlier and there was an advert for "300" on, and it struck me - there's absolutely no plot mentioned in the trailer, which is what you usually, if not ALWAYS, find in a trailer. There's a mere line of dialogue - some beardy bloke shouting - then it's just a load of slow-mo visuals and action footage that looks pretty ... that's IT, nothing more.

I haven't bothered seeing it yet, won't for some time, but from those who have seen it, is that basically it? Just visuals and no plot? :rolleyes:

How do you have a plot for a historical event?

AcesandEights
26-Mar-2007, 10:48 PM
Hehe, at a quick, first glance I thought the title of that article, which was "Warner, Snyders enlist in new 'Army'", said "Warning, Snyder enlists in new Army..."

Man, I liked Dawn but even I was depressed to see he is still slated to direct The Watchmen. First, one of the greatest historical tales of Western civ. (Thermopylae) gets ruined, now a comic book masterpiece. :(

Jesus, I hope that script is decent...

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, biases and preconceptions about Snyder aside, I follow Frank Miller's thinking about 300. He thought it was exactly as he had imagined it and if the guy who wrote and drew that bloody thing thinks Snyder did the job then who am I to argue.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Mar-2007, 12:51 AM
Hehe, at a quick, first glance I thought the title of that article, which was "Warner, Snyders enlist in new 'Army'", said "Warning, Snyder enlists in new Army..."

Man, I liked Dawn but even I was depressed to see he is still slated to direct The Watchmen. First, one of the greatest historical tales of Western civ. (Thermopylae) gets ruined, now a comic book masterpiece. :(

Jesus, I hope that script is decent...

But lets not forget the movie is based on Frank Miller's Graphic Novel which was LOOSELY based on the historical event. Myself I hated 300, I thought all the slo-mo was a touch much, but I am happy to see Snyder to do zombies again. I still think he take Universal up on DAWN of the DEAD 2.

Mutineer
27-Mar-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the warning, I shall stay well clear of that one! :D

Oh please; no one thinks your 'hip' for saying that. :rolleyes:

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 02:08 AM
and no one thinks your witty for saying that.

bbbbbuuuurrrrrnnnnn!:moon:

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 02:49 AM
Snyder's got his bitches everywhere! :lol:

Debbieangel
27-Mar-2007, 02:57 AM
I will probably give it a try, eventho Dawn had its disappointing moments!!! Here is hoping it will be good!!!

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2007, 08:35 AM
You retell it accurately, that's how. :p

Or, include characters worth following and focus 50% of your effort on telling a story, not just painting a pretty picture in post-production ... that's my thoughts on it anyway...

From the trailer I've seen touted around bleedin' everywhere there's giant elephant things and some weird mutant bloke and other such things ... how's that historically accurate, looks more like Lord of the Rings to me ... just with a bunch of muscled up blokes not wearing armour... :confused:

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 11:15 AM
i was about to say "oh, like 300 then?:rolleyes: ", then i realised "oh, wait, yeah he IS talking about 300":lol:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Mar-2007, 11:53 AM
You retell it accurately, that's how. :p

Or, include characters worth following and focus 50% of your effort on telling a story, not just painting a pretty picture in post-production ... that's my thoughts on it anyway...

From the trailer I've seen touted around bleedin' everywhere there's giant elephant things and some weird mutant bloke and other such things ... how's that historically accurate, looks more like Lord of the Rings to me ... just with a bunch of muscled up blokes not wearing armour... :confused:

Well since none of us were alive back in 480BC how do we know there wasn't some mutant spartan reject roaming the country side, or gigantic elephanty beasts? :D

coma
27-Mar-2007, 01:11 PM
Well since none of us were alive back in 480BC how do we know there wasn't some mutant spartan reject roaming the country side, or gigantic elephanty beasts? :D
And London is built on a Hobbit Shire:p

tju1973
27-Mar-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh, I'll give it a try. I am one of the few who actually got enjoyment out of the Dawn remake/reimagining/reboot/redone. :)

It might be good--- at least his "re-imaging" of Dawn was a good popcorn flick-- and if he can make a whole movie that was like the first 15 min of his Dawn, then it would be worth it...

I will see it either way I am sure..

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 05:41 PM
And London is built on a Hobbit Shire:p

nah, londons built on a swamp (dead marshes anyone, it fits:dead: ), the midlands, thats the shire man, far too many little hiary blokes around.

Mutineer
27-Mar-2007, 06:31 PM
and no one thinks your witty for saying that.
bbbbbuuuurrrrrnnnnn!:moon:

:rolleyes: Wow, that was a good one.

Snyder's got his bitches everywhere! :lol:

It get's old everytime someone mentions DAWN 04 and some schlep spouts how bad it was as they wank off to the next ROMERO crapfest (Diaries) and we all know LAND is the biggest ZOMBIE stinkfest of the last 20 years so why pretend it is not ?

Land was stellar compared to most of the **** out there. It brought some fun things to the genre. Just because you haven't any taste in film doesn't mean it sucked. :cool:

bassman
27-Mar-2007, 07:30 PM
It get's old everytime someone mentions DAWN 04 and some schlep spouts how bad it was as they wank off to the next ROMERO crapfest (Diaries) and we all know LAND is the biggest ZOMBIE stinkfest of the last 20 years so why pretend it is not ?

Land was stellar compared to most of the **** out there. It brought some fun things to the genre. Just because you haven't any taste in film doesn't mean it sucked.

Best. Typo. Ever.

You should relax, bro. There has been a certain level of peace obtained between the two tribes lately. Some like Land, some like Dawn04. There is good and bad in both....get over it sometime.

People have different opinions. Just as they also have different "taste in films".:rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
27-Mar-2007, 10:57 PM
TRIBAL WAR.... WOO HOO.

It will be the 300 DAWN 04 camp againstt he LAND/DIARY camp.

As the king of the Dawn 04 army, I will concede the 300 army as 300 sucked in my opinion... so the DAWN 04 army will have to take on both the Land and diary armies at the same time. :D :lol:

Mutineer
27-Mar-2007, 11:23 PM
Best. Typo. Ever.

Yay ! The grammar and spelling police are here ! :confused:

You should relax, bro. There has been a certain level of peace obtained between the two tribes lately. Some like Land, some like Dawn04. There is good and bad in both....get over it sometime.

People have different opinions. Just as they also have different "taste in films".:rolleyes:

Relax ? Was someone getting excited, bro ? I'm merely stating an opinion, and face it LAND BLOWS

TRIBAL WAR.... WOO HOO.

It will be the 300 DAWN 04 camp againstt he LAND/DIARY camp.

As the king of the Dawn 04 army, I will concede the 300 army as 300 sucked in my opinion... so the DAWN 04 army will have to take on both the Land and diary armies at the same time. :D :lol:

Zach is badass.

Danny
28-Mar-2007, 09:51 AM
Best. Typo. Ever.

Yay ! The grammar and spelling police are here ! :confused:

Relax ? Was someone getting excited, bro ? I'm merely stating an opinion, and face it LAND BLOWS

Zach is badass.

yeah, but your merely stating YOUR opinion,and more power to you for having it, but not everyone has the same taste in movies, and you cant make everyone see anything in the same way you do, becuase not everyone will, simple as.
i dont think land was the best movie george made, that prize goes to dawn, but its still a great movie, more so than sniders dawn, it had the best opening 15 mins to a zombie flick ever, but once she crashes the car it all goes to ****, it had an a-team "fixin stuff" montage for chirst's sake:rolleyes:

capncnut
28-Mar-2007, 11:52 AM
There's a familiar smell in here... :rolleyes:

bassman
28-Mar-2007, 12:19 PM
"Smells like cheese, Gromit!":cool:

Mutineer
28-Mar-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah, but your merely stating YOUR opinion

Well yeah; who elses opinion would it be but mine ?

Not sure why everyone is starting to get emotional over MY OPINION on Land and/or Dawn 04 ?

Must we all agree all the time ? :confused:

There's a familiar smell in here... :rolleyes:

It's your upper lip.

bassman
28-Mar-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, this Joby Harold fellow looks like he's new to the game, so maybe he's got some chops and can write a story that can help Snyder accomplish more than just his usual visual only style.

"300" was a decent one-time popcorn flick like "Dawn04", so maybe if he has the right writer behind him this time, he can make a dead flick that's visually stunning and requires a brain.

Maybe........just maybe....:|

EvilNed
28-Mar-2007, 02:54 PM

Uhm? Do you even know anything about the real battle of Thermopylae? The battle is a ****ing perfect setting for a plot- and character driven epic film. They could have made it so much more than a stupid actionflick, and I wish someone does sometime.

Read the book Gates of Fire and you'll see how the film should have been made.

The film is just so obviously... ****ING STUPID. I mean, take A Knights Tale. That film is anachronistic as hell, but at the same time it's a light hearted comedy where they joust to Queen music and stuff like that. Compared to A Knights Tale, 300 is a goddamn science fiction film... And it's serious! Heck!

MinionZombie
28-Mar-2007, 07:18 PM
Maybe........just maybe....

I'll remain completely cynical about it until it proves otherwise...Zack Snyder ... and ... and ... mental depth?

B'ave!

Tricky
28-Mar-2007, 09:58 PM
fair play to him,at least he's keeping the genre going with half decent films,even if he doesnt quite share romeros zombie genius!you've got to admit dawn 04 was a lot better than some of the kife that came out on the back of romeros films in the 70's/80's!zombie lake anyone?:lol:
Yup,im in the camp that enjoyed dawn 04 for what it was,and to be honest loved it at first viewing at the cinema!

coma
28-Mar-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, this Joby Harold fellow looks like he's new to the game, so maybe he's got some chops and can write a story that can help Snyder accomplish more than just his usual visual only style.

"300" was a decent one-time popcorn flick like "Dawn04", so maybe if he has the right writer behind him this time, he can make a dead flick that's visually stunning and requires a brain.

Maybe........just maybe....:|
Dare to dream!
It may happen if he grows up a little.

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2007, 10:21 AM
Zombie Lake was great! :eek::)

No seriously, I've got it on DVD, well worth the fiver I splashed on it. It's so camp and stupid that it's fun to enjoy, and at the time I had a mate who looked like a young Howard Vernon (think I got the name right there), haha.

Yawn04 was all trousers and no balls to pad it out - it was all "mangina".

The characters were written so poorly they script must have been scrawled with crayon, they made the most stupid mistakes and came up with the most retarded plan on the face of the planet - they even acknowledge this and go for it anyway - then that daft bitch f*cks everything up by running after a bloody dog! :eek:

Then throw in an old man trying on women's shoes and the seemingly gay, yet apparently not, bloke who is so teeth-grindingly annoying shagging the arse off some blonde bimbo who - as far as I can tell - is never referred to by her name. So the character literally is just there to be a set of tits flapping towards camera as she's rutted from behind by that annoying twat who pops up to make some sarky comment every two minutes - if I had been there I'd have decked him long ago.

They bring in a truckload of new people, and within ten minutes they're ham-fistedly trying to have an emotional scene between father and dog-chasing-moron-daughter, but there's no emotional investment because we've only just met them.

Then there's Ving-bloody-Rhames, walking around like he's got something wedged right up his arse, perhaps the an offshoot from the chip that's clearly hanging on his shoulder. He mopes around, is apparently a smart leader, then gets all 'f*ck all ya'll, I'm gonna wade into a world of FLYING ATHLETE zombies to go and moronically try and save my brother at a rescue station that I should know full well has been over-run long, long ago' ... RETARDED.

Jake Weber's character is the only good one there, he has some common sense and talks things out calmly, but then he ruins all that by going along with their utterly retarded A-Team rip-off plan to head out into zombie world to go on a boat to head to an island that they KNOW is inhabited by people - erm, where there's people, THERE'S F*CKING ZOMBIES!!!

The film looks great, although the intense colour scheme does get on your tits after a while, and the special effects are of course, great - but on a budget that size, working with pro-gore-meisters, it's not that hard to pull that part out of the bag.

*shudders*

You all know by now that I'm most definitely in the "Love Land" camp...just thought I'd air out my grievances with Yawn04 once more. :elol:

capncnut
29-Mar-2007, 12:40 PM
The characters were written so poorly they script must have been scrawled with crayon, they made the most stupid mistakes and came up with the most retarded plan on the face of the planet - they even acknowledge this and go for it anyway - then that daft bitch f*cks everything up by running after a bloody dog! :eek:

Then throw in an old man trying on women's shoes and the seemingly gay, yet apparently not, bloke who is so teeth-grindingly annoying shagging the arse off some blonde bimbo who - as far as I can tell - is never referred to by her name. So the character literally is just there to be a set of tits flapping towards camera as she's rutted from behind by that annoying twat who pops up to make some sarky comment every two minutes - if I had been there I'd have decked him long ago.

They bring in a truckload of new people, and within ten minutes they're ham-fistedly trying to have an emotional scene between father and dog-chasing-moron-daughter, but there's no emotional investment because we've only just met them.

Then there's Ving-bloody-Rhames, walking around like he's got something wedged right up his arse, perhaps the an offshoot from the chip that's clearly hanging on his shoulder. He mopes around, is apparently a smart leader, then gets all 'f*ck all ya'll, I'm gonna wade into a world of FLYING ATHLETE zombies to go and moronically try and save my brother at a rescue station that I should know full well has been over-run long, long ago' ... RETARDED.

Jake Weber's character is the only good one there, he has some common sense and talks things out calmly, but then he ruins all that by going along with their utterly retarded A-Team rip-off plan to head out into zombie world to go on a boat to head to an island that they KNOW is inhabited by people - erm, where there's people, THERE'S F*CKING ZOMBIES!!!
Pretty much sums it up for me. You also forgot dumbass metal soundtrack.

Neil
29-Mar-2007, 01:02 PM
Pretty much sums it up for me. You also forgot dumbass metal soundtrack.

Yes the characters/script were a big let down! The unecessary and cheap sex scene at the beginning was a sign of the poor character writing to come...

That said some parts of it did have some merit... Hope if he does another zombie flick he can stick to the good stuff!

This great review here (http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/dawn2004.html) sums it up very well :)

capncnut
29-Mar-2007, 01:21 PM
I wanted to like the charcters Neil but I thought they were all assholes, I didn't like a single person in the movie. I mean Sarah Polley was cute (got over her husbands death a bit too quick for my liking though) and Jake Weber was remotely likeable but other than that, who was there? Ving? Max Headroom? The guy with the weird mouth?

bassman
29-Mar-2007, 01:29 PM
I wanted to like the charcters Neil but I thought they were all assholes, I didn't like a single person in the movie. I mean Sarah Polley was cute (got over her husbands death a bit too quick for my liking though) and Jake Weber was remotely likeable but other than that, who was there? Ving? Max Headroom? The guy with the weird mouth?

I liked the dog. It didn't speak and was better at making a coherent plot. I say the dog directs Snyder's next flick. That would make more sense.:p

*sigh* I feel sorry for Snyder in a way. If he keeps going the way he is, one day he's going to realize that even though he's made alot of money, his films will only be remembered as stylized MTV videos and never have a long shelf life.

EvilNed
29-Mar-2007, 01:31 PM
To me, Zack Snyder is Michael Bays heir. Michael Bay has some pretty visuals, but his films are big budgeted and bland (or sometimes downright SUCK ASS, like Bad Boys 2).

capncnut
29-Mar-2007, 01:34 PM
I feel sorry for Snyder in a way. If he keeps going the way he is, one day he's going to realize that even though he's made alot of money, his films will only be remembered as stylized MTV videos and never have a long shelf life.
I know Bass, the strange thing is that Dawn 04 has dated a fair bit already. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this.

bassman
29-Mar-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't noticed, capn. Probably because it's covered in about 10 inches of dust on my dvd shelf. That shows you how often it deserves to be watched.:p

I might pick up "300" on DVD simply for something to have on the tv for parties or something. But after that first viewing when I get it home, I doubt I'll actually ever watch it again.

That's just about the same thing that happened to "Dawn04". Except with that, I tried my best to watch it a few more times hoping that I was missing something beneath the surface. I wasn't missing anything. Damn you Snyder....you had the world at your fingertips and threw it all away only to make a few bucks. Or maybe you just didn't know what you were doing.:confused:

Neil
29-Mar-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't noticed, capn. Probably because it's covered in about 10 inches of dust on my dvd shelf. That shows you how often it deserves to be watched.:p

I might pick up "300" on DVD simply for something to have on the tv for parties or something. But after that first viewing when I get it home, I doubt I'll actually ever watch it again.

That's just about the same thing that happened to "Dawn04". Except with that, I tried my best to watch it a few more times hoping that I was missing something beneath the surface. I wasn't missing anything. Damn you Snyder....you had the world at your fingertips and threw it all away only to make a few bucks. Or maybe you just didn't know what you were doing.:confused:

I don't buy many DVDs, but I'll be very tempted to get 300...

I'm hoping as Zack keeps making films he concentrates on getting more character driven stuff in there. 300 tried in places... although in reality it wasn't really trying to very hard.

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2007, 06:41 PM
Bassman - darn tootin', it just doesn't deserve repeat viewings. I've seen it maybe 3 or 4 times since it came out, in fact, 3. Once on the CAM download, once when I got the unrated DVD and once again a few months ago...that's it.

The best bit of the DVD is the feature about the FX guys, that's cool.

Capn - how do you mean it's aging already? Gimme some listy-goodness...

And also, believe me, I coulda gone on longer ... but I had work to do/TV to watch/STALKER to play/couldn't be arsed. :lol:

spawn630
30-Mar-2007, 01:30 AM
Is it normal to like both dawn '04 and land? :confused:

AcesandEights
30-Mar-2007, 02:52 AM
Is it normal to like both dawn '04 and land? :confused:

Meh. Who cares if it's normal ;) I like both, as well.

Zombie Snack
30-Mar-2007, 03:03 AM
I also like both Dawn 04 and Land. I have both unrated DVD's, I have probably watched Dawn 04 twice as much as Land though.

tju1973
30-Mar-2007, 03:42 AM
I also like both Dawn 04 and Land. I have both unrated DVD's, I have probably watched Dawn 04 twice as much as Land though.

...me too...

:shifty:

dannoofthedead
30-Mar-2007, 04:24 AM
Has this man not done enuogh to the zombie genre already?

I miss the old B Horrors from the 1950's. Sure, they were goofy as hell but you had a good time watching 'em. The stories sucked you in.

Besides, Dawn '04 was enough to turn any zombie fan away from wanting to watch another undead film with that dipstick at the controls.

Excessium
30-Mar-2007, 06:32 AM
Has this man not done enuogh to the zombie genre already?

I miss the old B Horrors from the 1950's. Sure, they were goofy as hell but you had a good time watching 'em. The stories sucked you in.

Besides, Dawn '04 was enough to turn any zombie fan away from wanting to watch another undead film with that dipstick at the controls.

Uhm.../bonk.
If it wasn't for Dawn '04, Land would have probably never been made. If anything, "this man" rez'd the zombie genre and if army is made with the visual effects along the lines of 300's then he will take the zombie genre to a whole new place. Dawn '04 might not have been a great, or even good zombie flick in some people's eyes, but it was enough to bring zombies back to the big screen. And I love zombies. :)

bassman
30-Mar-2007, 12:08 PM
Uhm.../bonk.
If it wasn't for Dawn '04, Land would have probably never been made. If anything, "this man" rez'd the zombie genre and if army is made with the visual effects along the lines of 300's then he will take the zombie genre to a whole new place. Dawn '04 might not have been a great, or even good zombie flick in some people's eyes, but it was enough to bring zombies back to the big screen. And I love zombies. :)

I don't believe that at all. "Land" would have been made regardless of "Dawn04". If anything, Romero and Grunwald would've went for an independent flick like they're doing now. It just happened that Universal was interested.

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2007, 01:20 PM
I don't believe that at all. "Land" would have been made regardless of "Dawn04". If anything, Romero and Grunwald would've went for an independent flick like they're doing now. It just happened that Universal was interested.
Exactly, Land would have been made regardless of Yawn04 happening. If Yawn hadn't have happened (ahhh ... one can dream, eh?), Land would have still come about.

MagicMoonMonkey
31-Mar-2007, 05:37 PM
Isn't that where RE- Extinction is to be set.

fartpants
14-Apr-2007, 03:12 PM
oops dont mention Resident Evil ( especially when andy's about ):lol:

Brubaker
30-Jun-2007, 01:17 AM
Anything new to report on Snyder's blind ambitions in the couple of months since this thread has been posted in?

panic
30-Jun-2007, 06:16 AM
Dream on. It was the success of Dawn '04 that yielded studio backing for Land of the Dead. Romero himself has suggested as much. How long was the script for Dead Reckoning/LOTD floating around before it got made? A LONG time. Romero might have been able to do it independently, however one wonders if that were the case why he waited so long.

Two things that drive uncritical Romero fans crazy:
1. Dawn '04 paved the way for Land.
2. Dawn '04 was more successful than Land any way you look at it (Yes, even in Europe, and on DVD...)

/p

Exactly, Land would have been made regardless of Yawn04 happening. If Yawn hadn't have happened (ahhh ... one can dream, eh?), Land would have still come about.

acealive1
30-Jun-2007, 06:34 AM
im sure george would give snyder his blessing if he said "i want to make dawn two with your help"