PDA

View Full Version : Gamers who need a clue

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2007, 02:51 PM
I came across this report on Gamespot and CVG.com. This is another reason why I think gamers as a whole get the bad reputation as having slightly skewed sense of reality and wrong priorities. I wonder if Metal Gear Solid fans would feel the same if Konami announced that their biggest franchise would go multiplatform. Will people actually stop buying Metal Gear Solid games just because it's not a Sony exclusive anymore?

Capcom responds to fans' rage - Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168044.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1)

Fanboy petition insights Capcom response - CVG.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160639) (it should say incite)

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 03:44 PM
The full petition, available on the Petition Online Web site, reads, "To: Capcom, We (The people that have signed this petition) feel very left out in your decision to make Devil May Cry 4 a Multi-Platform title, and hereby agree to boycott your sale of Capcom affiliated games. This is due to your decision to turn your back on your most faithful gaming company. For years we have enjoyed games, we have reaped the benefits of your committment [sic] to Sony. We find it absolutely demoralizing for not only the gamers, but also Sony itself. We want you to know that will not, and should not stand for your actions, and therefore withold [sic] our option of buying your product."
Whoever started that petition seriously needs to get a life. F**king cry babies!

slickwilly13
27-Mar-2007, 04:20 PM
What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they realize that the game is still coming out for their favorite system? Who gives a f#ck if it is coming out on both the PS3 and 369.

coma
27-Mar-2007, 05:28 PM
Life for those guys is one big sausage party:D

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 05:31 PM
coma my man, i was about to post the exact same thing, *virtual five*:D

seriously, its still coming out on the ps3, they bitched like hell when the 4th resi game debuet only on the cube at first adn bitched and bitched till ti got a ps2 release, but once the shoes on the other foot they dont like it.

morons.:rolleyes:

capncnut
28-Mar-2007, 09:41 AM
Capcom's response was classic, something along the lines of: "We're flattered that the P$3 fans are taking such extreme lengths to protect their console but at the end of the day, the Wii and 360 are burning $ony's ass and we ain't gonna make s**t if we make it exclusive to them. Sorry..." :D

Dtothe3
04-Apr-2007, 11:09 AM
"The petition had, as of press time, received a total of more than 7,500 signatures. Though with samples including, "This petition is retarded," "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen," and "I got a big ****," it's hard to gauge how accurate a judge of outrage it is."

CapnKnut, that was classis :D

capncnut
04-Apr-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL but seriously what good is a petition gonna do? I think the $onies should just deal with it and move on. We got VF5, we got Devil May Cry 4 and soon we'll have Metal Gear 4, thank you very much! (Best Andy Kaufman voice) :D

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 01:14 PM
yeah, considering metal gear 1 was on the cube and 2 was on the xbox i think thats definatley gonna be multiformat.

MikePizzoff
04-Apr-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah, considering metal gear 1 was on the cube and 2 was on the xbox i think thats definatley gonna be multiformat.

I didn't know they ported MGS to the Gamecube. Were the graphics updated at all?

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 01:22 PM
really?, uhh, yeah metal gear solid: the twin snakes was totally remade with sons of liberty level graphics adn loads of extras, there was even a foxhound gamecube release, it was big news on the gameing site for like 6 months in like 2005.

capncnut
04-Apr-2007, 01:37 PM
I didn't know they ported MGS to the Gamecube. Were the graphics updated at all?
Yeah they were, a lot of Snakeheads prefer the Gamecube version over the original.