PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Graphic Novels

Andy
28-Mar-2007, 10:49 PM
Just bought myself parts 1, 3 and 5 for £15.

anyone else have these zombie comic/graphic novels?

Just reading 1 now and im quite impressed.

capncnut
29-Mar-2007, 03:28 AM
They have a harcover compilation of issues 1 to 20-something in Waterstones for £12.99 and I'm seriously tempted to shell out for the sucka. :sneaky:

Pushead Jim
29-Mar-2007, 11:52 PM
I goggled "Dead Walking" comic and came up with nothing? so You must mean Walking Dead yes?If so yes these comics/graphic novels are the tits! I quit reading comics in the 1980's when i discovered girls. The walking dead which i learned about on this site has drawn me back into the local comics/gaming store.

Danny
30-Mar-2007, 01:19 PM
im pretty sure this is a comic caled dead walking as well as the walking dead.

Andy
31-Mar-2007, 12:45 AM
no he was right, i meant the walking dead lol.

im enjoying anyway :)

coma
31-Mar-2007, 02:42 AM
no he was right, i meant the walking dead lol.

im enjoying anyway :)
they are very, very good and a good example of how good nonhero genre comics can be. Heavy on the characters with the required zombie action every so often as punctuation.
Theres a few of us here who have been talking it up for a while. Its a true homage to the GAR type of Zombie story.

DjfunkmasterG
31-Mar-2007, 03:35 AM
Just bought myself parts 1, 3 and 5 for £15.

anyone else have these zombie comic/graphic novels?

Just reading 1 now and im quite impressed.

I have 1 through 4, plus I have the first 6 issues in single comic form.

MagicMoonMonkey
31-Mar-2007, 05:35 PM
I have 1-5 in the collected editions and absolutely love it. Just waiting for Amazon to get book 6 in stock to see how the whole 'Governor' story plays out. Reminds me a little of Len Reinhart's (I think that's his name) first book.

Another fantastic read is World War Z.

jdog
31-Mar-2007, 05:39 PM
i have the paper back for parts 1-5 and i also have all the single editions except 4 of them.

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 10:38 PM
This has got 'bought' written all over it. I think the book was reduced from like 20 something quid to 12 notes. Theres a few of 'em there too, mmm...

MissJacksonCA
16-Apr-2007, 04:18 AM
I've been looking for zombie graphic novels since learning about graphic novels but alas! Found none! Just found the ones y'all were talking about hoping they're good thanks for the name!

coma
16-Apr-2007, 04:31 PM
I've been looking for zombie graphic novels since learning about graphic novels but alas! Found none! Just found the ones y'all were talking about hoping they're good thanks for the name!
You'll like it. It has all the Romeroesque elements, without all the mystical crap and fantasy type things. Plus characters die all the time.