PDA

View Full Version : Working with Ken Foree this weekend

TCDarkness
30-Mar-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, former poster back from a longtime sabattical. I thought I would get a semi-vanity post in since it involves someone everyone on this site knows fairly well.

My buddy and I are shooting an indie vampire film out here in LA. This weekend we get to work with "Peter" himself, Ken Foree. I am so psyched for it. :cool:

He plays a "blood dealer" (like a drug dealer) in it since the blood supply is contaminated by how much bad stuff (drugs, disease, etc.) is in people's blood. It should be a fun shoot.

If you want more info on the film, the website is liveevilthemovie.com

Danny
30-Mar-2007, 05:33 PM
bitchin'!:cool:

axlish
31-Mar-2007, 12:34 PM
Good to hear from you TC, glad to hear you shooting something. Good luck, and don't be a stranger.

TCDarkness
31-Mar-2007, 04:38 PM
Good to hear from you TC, glad to hear you shooting something. Good luck, and don't be a stranger.

Hey ax. I'll try not to be one. Luckily my 9-5 type job has a lot of downtime and an internet connection. :D

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 10:23 PM
Top news, update us man.

Debbieangel
31-Mar-2007, 10:54 PM
That is soo cool...I am somewhat new around here what do you do in movies exactly are you behind the camera or in front of the camera?
It is soo GREAT whatever you are doing to working with Ken!
Nice to meet you!:)

TCDarkness
01-Apr-2007, 08:34 PM
That is soo cool...I am somewhat new around here what do you do in movies exactly are you behind the camera or in front of the camera?
It is soo GREAT whatever you are doing to working with Ken!
Nice to meet you!:)

Back around 2001, I shot a short film based on Neil's (the owner of this website) short story, An Eye for An Eye. I have never really acted and don't have the looks or talent for it. :clown: Anyway, when I was filming this I cast this guy named Mark Terry, who became a good friend. He ended up producing this film, and I am basically the sound guy/assistant editor/PA/vice assistant associate producer or something, so I got in on this producer's photo.

dang, I can't post it till I have 15 posts on the board... hang on

Still trying to get over 15 posts to post the pic of him and the crew. :D

Let me just say Ken is a very cool guy. Physically he doesn't look the same as he did in the original Dawn, but if you saw the Dawn remake he looks a lot like that. He had grown a mustache when we shot on Saturday, so he actually looked a lot like the "Kenneth" character by Ving Rhames in the remake.

It was weird working with a guy that is like the best character ever from a horror film. Sometimes when he would blink I would notice the eyes of "Peter" from the original Dawn. Of course, our make-up guy and others knew who he was, while a couple didn't but could easily do an IMDb search and figure out who he was. He has a lot of stories to tell and is very genial. I worked with Tim Thomerson (Trancers series) on this as well, and, while he was pretty cool to work with, Ken is almost like a father figure with how nice he is.

As he left I almost went gay and tried to hug him when he gave me a hand shake. :lol:

I believe Ken, Tim Thomerson, Jay Woelfel (the director) are going to do a promo signing for the film at some Fango convention. I have no idea what convention, though. I'll keep ya tuned in. :elol:

PJoseph
06-Apr-2007, 05:16 PM
If you see some posts below, he was in my Grindhouse trailer submission. He was nice enough to come out for an hour or so, just before getting on a plane, to shot some dialogue scenes.

One day he and I will make a feature together!

pJ

TCDarkness
07-Apr-2007, 06:18 AM
If you see some posts below, he was in my Grindhouse trailer submission. He was nice enough to come out for an hour or so, just before getting on a plane, to shot some dialogue scenes.

One day he and I will make a feature together!

pJ

That's awesome. He' definitely a cool guy. He is a bit costly, but then I think my buddy caved a bit too easily to his agent. :lol:

You still make films out in LA, PJ?

Neil
07-Apr-2007, 10:55 AM
Back around 2001, I shot a short film based on Neil's (the owner of this website) short story, An Eye for An Eye. I have never really acted and don't have the looks or talent for it. :clown: Anyway, when I was filming this I cast this guy named Mark Terry, who became a good friend. He ended up producing this film, and I am basically the sound guy/assistant editor/PA/vice assistant associate producer or something, so I got in on this producer's photo.

Let me just say Ken is a very cool guy. Physically he doesn't look the same as he did in the original Dawn, but if you saw the Dawn remake he looks a lot like that. He had grown a mustache when we shot on Saturday, so he actually looked a lot like the "Kenneth" character by Ving Rhames in the remake.

It was weird working with a guy that is like the best character ever from a horror film. Sometimes when he would blink I would notice the eyes of "Peter" from the original Dawn. Of course, our make-up guy and others knew who he was, while a couple didn't but could easily do an IMDb search and figure out who he was. He has a lot of stories to tell and is very genial. I worked with Tim Thomerson (Trancers series) on this as well, and, while he was pretty cool to work with, Ken is almost like a father figure with how nice he is.

As he left I almost went gay and tried to hug him when he gave me a hand shake. :lol:

I believe Ken, Tim Thomerson, Jay Woelfel (the director) are going to do a promo signing for the film at some Fango convention. I have no idea what convention, though. I'll keep ya tuned in. :elol:

I spoke to him on the phone a couple of times and he seemed a really nice guy!! Only heard nice things about him!

PJoseph
09-Apr-2007, 04:12 AM
Yes. I'm still happily living and working in L.A. Currently I'm directing film segments for The Taurus World Stunt Awards, which is a fantastic event for the stunt community. I'm working with some of the best working stuntmen and some of the legends!

I'm also writing a sequel to a big franchise video game (which is a two year deal). As soon as I can spill info regarding that, I will - it should be pretty cool.

As far as film goes, we've been pitching a movie with Frank Darabont and taking meetings about directing some smaller features. Just hustling everyday!

pJ

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2007, 10:59 AM
Sweet news PJoseph! I'm glad you're busy-busy-busy getting cool work. :cool::):thumbsup:

The projects sound interesting, you teasing-us little monkey. :)

Bongholio
09-Apr-2007, 02:20 PM
you are unstoppable

Debbieangel
10-Apr-2007, 02:35 AM

woww that is soo cool, you are so lucky to work so many talented people!
I love to hear about all the background things about movies and the people, thank you for all the info! I am a huge Ken fan!:D

TCDarkness
12-Apr-2007, 12:25 AM
very cool, PJ. It is good to see horror fans still making stuff. :D

I haven't really done sh*t on my own in a long time. I usually just help other people film. I hardly even edit anymore. :| But hey, helping others got me to meet Ken.

TCDarkness
13-Apr-2007, 03:46 PM
My 15th post! Finally. So here's Ken, Mark, and I (the one who needs to lose 20 lbs).

http://a681.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/l_86213136fd2dac6a13ef1157d4c88350.jpg :D

bassman
13-Apr-2007, 03:55 PM
Man....that must've been a great experience.

capncnut
13-Apr-2007, 04:04 PM
Ken's a lovely geezer.

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 06:10 PM
Sweetness ... are those Ken's own tattoos? Seems like a cool customer alright. :cool:

TCDarkness
13-Apr-2007, 06:17 PM
Nah, those are his blood dealer tats. They were some cool temporary tattoos we got from some make up company. They didn't fade too fast, so they worked out fine.

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 10:25 PM
I just got wind that Ken Foree is having a two day Foree Fest in Staffordshire on Aug 31st - 1st Sep. Dawn Of The Dead & The Devils Rejects are being shown theatrically as well as a Q & A sesh. Sounds good. :cool:

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 11:40 AM
never been to owt like that may check it out.:cool:

TCDarkness
25-Apr-2010, 09:39 AM
I can't believe it's been just over three years since I've been on the site (~ 10 years ago I was on here religiously). I just finally finished watching the shi**fest that is Day of the Dead 2: Craptagium tonight after getting it on Netflix and thought of this place. Oh man, I really have to spend more of my work down time catching up in here.

Obligatory self-and-roomie-promotion: Live Evil is tentatively set for a July DVD release that I personally authored on DVD Stdio Pro. I can't remember the exact date though; distributors in this economy are pretty flaky. It was originally supposed to come out in February before getting pushed back. It's already out in Germany, for what it's worth. It's also available on Netflix streaming, but feel free to rent on DVD once it's out to put some money in my roommate's pocket. :D

Neil
25-Apr-2010, 10:02 AM
Back around 2001, I shot a short film based on Neil's (the owner of this website) short story, An Eye for An Eye.

You know, a couple of days before reading your post I was just thinking about that, and even looked to see if it was still online... eg: On youtube or something!?

ps: Good to see you back here again :)

TCDarkness
25-Apr-2010, 10:27 AM
You know, a couple of days before reading your post I was just thinking about that, and even looked to see if it was still online... eg: On youtube or something!?

ps: Good to see you back here again :)

I still have all the contracts (email and paper) for the music and talent rights for the film, so I guess I could put it online. But at 19, I just didn't know enough about film making to do your story justice. :( I guess YouTube would be a good venue for HPOTD cinema even if it's amateurish (by my standards). I'll see if I can get use of a DV camera to put my latest cut (circa 2002) onto the interwebz for viewing by the living dead fans.

Neil
25-Apr-2010, 10:34 AM
I still have all the contracts (email and paper) for the music and talent rights for the film, so I guess I could put it online. But at 19, I just didn't know enough about film making to do your story justice. :( I guess YouTube would be a good venue for HPOTD cinema even if it's amateurish (by my standards). I'll see if I can get use of a DV camera to put my latest cut (circa 2002) onto the interwebz for viewing by the living dead fans.

I've got (on CD) "An Eye for an Eye (Work Print)"... (454meg)

But the quality isn't good compression wise for some reason. ie: Quite blocky?

TCDarkness
28-Jun-2010, 07:28 AM
I've got (on CD) "An Eye for an Eye (Work Print)"... (454meg)

But the quality isn't good compression wise for some reason. ie: Quite blocky?

I was able to track down a DVD I'd made of Eye. I'm compressing it now into something YouTube will like. Will let you know when it's ready for public consumption. :)

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

...and it's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkkJbceBBA8
VkkJbceBBA8
l9aOgcZe53g

Neil
28-Jun-2010, 12:44 PM
i was able to track down a dvd i'd made of eye. I'm compressing it now into something youtube will like. Will let you know when it's ready for public consumption. :)

---------- post added at 12:28 am ---------- previous post was at 12:23 am ----------

...and it's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkkjbcebba8

yey!!

(amended to offer direct links :))