PDA

View Full Version : Waterworld & "smokers"

Cody
31-Mar-2007, 05:59 AM
So the world is covered in water. generations have gone by. how they hell do smokers have cigarrettes to smoke still? they cant grow it anymore. those cigs that they do smoke would have to be sooooooooo old.

and paper is rare so they couldnt roll it even if they did find some way to grow it.

ideas?

_liam_
31-Mar-2007, 02:21 PM
cigarette cartons come laminated, and cigs themselves contain formaldehyde, so maybe enough stayed in a smokable state that long...

perhaps they found a ship full of ciggies or something...

i didnt think that movie was as bad as they say...

Cykotic
31-Mar-2007, 02:28 PM
you didn't?

You're the only one then

DVW5150
31-Mar-2007, 02:53 PM
Road Warrior w/ out the land ,& w/ out George Millers' great direction . Dennis Hopper always great , but WTF ? Wasnt Costner a postman?....no that was "The Postman"!
Think about it , the plot is way simular to RW (w/ the little kid , the big floating encampment), and as far the ciggs , I would smoke 'em if I could , but the point is well taken ... There wouldnt be any cigarettes , there were none in RW . Giro Captain line was funny as hell : "Remember bicycles , lingerie ? Desserts? "

EvilNed
31-Mar-2007, 04:24 PM
The ship the smokers are living on was smuggling cigarettes before all that happened. And they look to be around maybe 150 smokers or so? I don't know, I assume not all of them smoke then... But they don't produce cigarettes, they just found a ship smuggling them.

Anyway, the film is a good action adventure. Better than most Hollywood actionfests. Only problem is that Waterworld cost alot and people hold that against it. Don't. It's a good film.

Danny
31-Mar-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah, it was so bad that they didnt care.:barf:

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 08:52 PM
You can roll cigarettes out of most things, leaves, bible pages etc...

Road Warrior w/ out the land & w/ out George Millers' great direction. Dennis Hopper always great , but WTF? Wasn't Costner a postman?... no that was "The Postman"!'The Road Warrior' - perfect example of a Bronx movie. 'Waterworld' - s**tiest example of a Bronx movie. Gimme Castellari anyday... :rolleyes:

coma
31-Mar-2007, 09:50 PM
You can roll cigarettes out of most things, leaves, bible pages etc...

'The Road Warrior' - perfect example of a Bronx movie. 'Waterworld' - s**tiest example of a Bronx movie. Gimme Castellari anyday... :rolleyes:
Huh?

you mean like 1990 The Bronx Warriors? (pure Cheeeese)

You can use the tampax wrapping paper to roll one up. This chick showed me

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 11:05 PM
you mean like 1990 The Bronx Warriors? (pure Cheeeese)
Naw man, Nouvo Barbari... check it out... amazing, on par with Road Warrior. :cool:

coma
31-Mar-2007, 11:10 PM
Naw man, Nouvo Barbari... check it out... amazing, on par with Road Warrior. :cool:
oh, Warriors of the Wasteland. All respect but that was a total piece of crap!
I thought you were nuts and now I know for sure:lol:

Huescacho
31-Mar-2007, 11:12 PM
you didn't?

You're the only one then

I think that is a very good movie. Why some people hates it?...

coma
31-Mar-2007, 11:17 PM
I think that is a very good movie. Why some people hates it?...
Waay too long. Some shots go on forever. Seems to not want to get to the point. Kevin Costner is like cardboard. Cost a jillion dollars but doesnt really look it.

I thought it was OK. Made more sense than DAwn 04, cigarettes smoking aside:)

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 11:46 PM
oh, Warriors of the Wasteland.
No, The New Barbarians. Fred Williamson is da biggety bomb! :cool:

coma
01-Apr-2007, 12:25 AM
No, The New Barbarians. Fred Williamson is da biggety bomb! :cool:
O think thats the same movie with a different title. There are like 4 titles