PDA

View Full Version : Lily Tomlin Freaks out at Director on Set of I Heart Huckabees

DjfunkmasterG
31-Mar-2007, 10:51 AM
It is no secret director David O'Russell has been a jerk while directing. During the production of Three Kings he started going off on an extra for no reason and because of this George Clooney kicked the **** out of him. Well they are at least 3-4 instances of him and Lily Tomlin going off on each other, infact in one instance he had her so mad she told Naomi Watts and Dustin Hoffman to F-off.

See the video's

the first fight
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E4Qls1rAfYs

the second blow up.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y-4_OsaA3pE&mode=related&search=

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2007, 11:23 AM
That Russell guy, what a complete dick. Where does that sort of sh*t get you? Nowhere, sooner or later he'll run out of friends and opportunities, you catch more bees with honey, not vinegar ... or however the saying goes.

There's no point in just shouting and being a cock, people don't respond to that for the most part, and if they do, not in a good way...

bassman
31-Mar-2007, 03:15 PM
I posted this same thing just the other day, man.

Those videos will be taken down shortly.

Danny
31-Mar-2007, 04:31 PM
i heard about these in like 4 or 5 radio shows/ podcasts i listen too, its pretty popular news right now.

coma
31-Mar-2007, 04:35 PM
I cant believe he yelled at a woman like that with him getting real close and screaming in her face and kicking all that stuff. Pretty threatening.
Good On clooney for kicking his ass. Wish there was a film of that!

Danny
31-Mar-2007, 04:36 PM
E4Qls1rAfYs

QSBbJ-x4t3Q

damn that ****s funny, i dont know who was worse, any problems like that on the set of deadlands dj?:sneaky:

DjfunkmasterG
31-Mar-2007, 05:23 PM
any problems like that on the set of deadlands dj?:sneaky:

Hell No! However, it doesn't mean it couldn't happen to me, but the set of Deadlands was pretty docile(sp?)

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh hell yes, I'd love to see footage of Clooney kicking O'Russell's ass.

Russell was a complete dick in those videos, getting all shouty, slamming the C-word down on her repeatedly, throwing stuff about while lackeys run about correcting the set. You'll breed a much better film from an atmosphere of fun, rather than mouthing off like a kid throwing it's toys out of the pram.

MikePizzoff
31-Mar-2007, 07:36 PM
:lol: That shiv's hil-farkin-larious! :lol:

I also heard this on radio talk shows yesterday at work. It was crackin me up. They were saying something like there was a rumour that George Clooney who got a hold of the footage and released it because he hates that guy so much.

Danny
31-Mar-2007, 07:42 PM
check out the start to the latest mega 64 podcast (the guys who do those videogame skits) and before they know theyve started recording there cussin' up a storm about this, its pretty funny.

http://mega64podcast.blogspot.com/

slickwilly13
31-Mar-2007, 08:03 PM
If some guy got in my face like that all hell would break loose. It would be Clooney all over again. *great I just died. 600th post*

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2007, 08:29 PM
If some guy got in my face like that all hell would break loose. It would be Clooney all over again. *great I just died. 600th post*
Tell me about it, if some wanker got all pissy-arse like that right in my face I'd see the red mist cast across my eyes, I've seen it before and have gone so f*cking ballistic I could have rivalled those clips, shouting like a madman until my voice just stopped (had the girls in the res terrified, and the lad I was aiming the tirade at cowering ... not proud of it, I went complete barmy, but just saying ... O'Russell would feel my wrath I'm saying).

There's no point acting like a complete dildo, what has a temper tantrum got to do with getting the shots needed? If people are feeling relaxed and free and not overlooked or in someone's rifle sights, then you'll get a much better performance, give them some freedom, some space and some fun. Otherwise you just run the risk of shutting people down, you open up in a good atmosphere, you close up and get defensive in a hostile atmosphere...

Good on Clooney for smacking the shiite out of him, and if it was Clooney who leaked the footage, double-good-on-him!

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 09:13 PM
That's nothing compared to the mental torture Stanley Kubrick put Shelley DuVall through during The Shining. That s**t is legendary!

MikePizzoff
31-Mar-2007, 10:09 PM
That's nothing compared to the mental torture Stanley Kubrick put Shelley DuVall through during The Shining. That s**t is legendary!

Any footage? I'd love that!

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes, there's a documentary that came with the 2 disc Shining in the UK. It's a 60 min on-set doc and Duvall is close to physical breakdown in a few scenes. The scene where she swings the bat at Nicholson, her tears are real... watch her performance again, it's quite intense. :cool:

Cykotic
01-Apr-2007, 04:07 PM
Hold on, was that real?

Minerva_Zombi
02-Apr-2007, 02:34 AM
Could you imagine Romero acting like that with his actors?

I mean, yeah when I'm filming, **** happens and it gets really frusterating sometimes and yeah we can get a little heated now and then, but I have never yelled at anyone like that before. Thats pretty ****ty, yet really funny.

Yes, there's a documentary that came with the 2 disc Shining in the UK. It's a 60 min on-set doc and Duvall is close to physical breakdown in a few scenes. The scene where she swings the bat at Nicholson, her tears are real... watch her performance again, it's quite intense. :cool:

Good technique used by Kubrick. lol. A good director knows how to push and challenge their actors to get them mentally where they want them. But, also I'm sure I'd be pretty crazy too if i had to work with Shelley Duvall.

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 12:46 PM
Any footage? I'd love that!
Here's the complete documentary bro.

P2EwgZCmiHI
lUZ6yzv2SB0&mode=related&search=
GBRq1S_ckDI&mode=related&search=
9I9L_vv0vR4&mode=related&search=

Enjoy. :D