PDA

View Full Version : what songs means alot to you?

mista_mo
31-Mar-2007, 11:21 AM
I dunno, I got in a chat about music in the chat room this morning, and yea, i came to think of this. Everyone has a song that means something to them, even if it is just one that introduced them to a new artist or musical genre.

For instance, The scientist by coldplay is my favourite song

and I have only recently gotten into the barenaked ladies, and losherman said it best in the chat. "I don't think they've ever put out a bad song" and from wat i've heard i agree. I recently found one called Break your Heart and It is now one of my favourite songs. I went through what the talks about with my ex who led me on for a period of 5 months, telling me we would get back together and even tellign me she loved me. Then one day she says no i'm sorry but it isn't going to happen. Basically wat the song is about. i have yet to find a dl of it on limewire that actually works **** so i use youtube when i wanna hear it.

the link is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4kqQpbb66Y

and yea it is a great song. what about you all?

MinionZombie
31-Mar-2007, 11:32 AM
I'd better call "snap", cos "The Scientist" by Coldplay is an important song to me, kind of the anthem to a tough time in my late teens...

Tricky
31-Mar-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah the scientist is a good tune,as is dont panic :)
Richard marx - hazard,im not sure why,its just one of those that seems to stir up emotions.
Energy 52- cafe del mar,ok its a dance tune,but i was 16 and just left school when it came out,it was an awesome summer and that tune just sums it up for me,takes me back there every time i hear it :cool:

mista_mo
31-Mar-2007, 01:20 PM
oo, allready 2 others who like the scientist. I heard it once and i knew it was my favourite song ever...

Adams song by blink 182 is also in there as it describes alot of stuff i have goen thru and still do. I dunno wtf it is about music but it can make you feel better or break you down.

Cykotic
31-Mar-2007, 01:33 PM
There are a few that mean something to me...

Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead
Run by Snow Patrol
Bleed by Cold
Everybody Hurts by REM

Make of it what you will...

Yorkie
31-Mar-2007, 02:12 PM
Richard marx - hazard,im not sure why,its just one of those that seems to stir up emotions.

That would have been one of my choices too, it is just one of those thinking songs that send a chill.

Also I need a little time by Beautiful South because it is just so typical

DVW5150
31-Mar-2007, 02:39 PM
I seem to connect to instrumentals . I like a garden variety of tunes you might find on the(VH, Megadeth, REM,Stevie Ray Vaughn, Anthrax,ect.) radio . Connecting to what a musician is saying through an instrument will give you a different interpretation for every person listening .For example , Allan Holdsworth compositions ( except for a few songs that Jack Bruce sang on) are far beyond anything that words can describe .
Take yourself to a place of complete relaxation , elightenment & you have what Allan Holdsworth does for me . He is not on the radio , he has been on a few independent labels (Relitivity). He is the one some of the greatest musicians look up to . One review of a concert said " The audience was dead silent while he played , the applause were peoples hands slapping their fore-heads : 'how in the f!ck does he play like that?!'"
I have been to alot of live performances , but seeing Allan Holdsworth is like hearing God speak though his guitar .
"Home" (a composition from Metal Fatigue is one I sincerely connect with) , Atavachron, Sand , IOU , Wardenclyffe Tower ,are some other selections you can find on rhapsody ... If you are going to say you worship so & so or think the best guitarist is whomever , chances are that guitarist loves Allans music . Check out "Home" , its got a friggin' awesome bass solo by Jimmy Johnson ...

bassman
31-Mar-2007, 03:12 PM
FAR too many, man. This question is way to broad for me.

Danny
31-Mar-2007, 04:30 PM
one of the few memories ive got of my dad is that his favourite song was carry on my wayward son by kansas, so its not got a speical meaning to me, more of a nostalgia feeling i guess, like almost remembering a name or a face from a long time ago but not quite getting there, if you know what i mean.

MikePizzoff
31-Mar-2007, 07:42 PM
Morbid Angel - Chapel Of Ghouls

mdgKRN8ej5g

Ghouls attack the church
Crush the holy priest
Turning the cross towards hell
Writhe with satan's flames

Crush the priest
The feeble church

Dead - your god is dead
Fools - your god is dead
Useless prayers of lies
Behold satan's rise

Crush the priest
The feeble church
The family of dog
Lust upon my altar

Demons attack with hate
Satan in the fires of hell awaits
Death against you all
God hear my death call

:evil:

capncnut
31-Mar-2007, 08:59 PM
Jeff Buckley - What Will You Say?

It's been such a long time
And I was just a child then
What will you say
When you see my face?
Time feels like it's flown away
The days just pass and fade away
What will you say
When they take my place?

It's funny now
I just don't feel like a man
What will you say
When you see my face?
My face...

Mother dear, the world's gone cold
No one cares about love anymore
What will you say
When you see my face?

Father do you hear me?
Do you know me?
Do you even care?
What will you say
When they take my place?

My heart can't take this anymore
What will you say
When you see my face?
When you see my,
See my face...

I can feel your time crawling
To a slow end
I can feel my time crawling
To a slow end...

Mother dear, the world's gone cold
No one cares about love anymore
What will you say
When you see my face?

Father do you hear me?
Do you know me?
Did you even care?
What will you say
When you take my place?

Well it's so funny now
I just don't feel like I'm a man
What will you say?

mista_mo
01-Apr-2007, 11:22 AM
well that is cuz you aren't not a man capn' lol sorry don't beat me capn-san.

DVW5150- I know what you mean, but i've always been more akin to lyrics then instruments, I can't get the same out of it, well okay, thats false, let me restate it. I think that lyrics and instruments go hand in hand with each other. i mean, if you have a sad song and then suddenly it breaks out into a hardcore guitar riff akin from say....chic n stu from system of a down, it would ruin it. some music needs to stay within some sort of bounds before it just ruins itself.

that being said i love instrimentals a hell of alot, just not as much as some people do. I'm more partial to drums then anything else, and i love the opening of Americana by the Offspring and that musical interlude in Hump de Bump by the chili peppers.

Bassman- I dunno how i could make the question less broad....

mike- thats one uh...thats a great song you got there lol. seems right full of anger and like...balls.

Hellsing- I know what u mean tho, alot of songs give me nostalgia and help me remember the old times such as when i was a kid or going fishing even, but they don't give me the emotional resposne i need to actually get there.

MikePizzoff
02-Apr-2007, 02:32 PM
mike- thats one uh...thats a great song you got there lol. seems right full of anger and like...balls.

:lol: I couldn't think of a song off the top of my head that truly meant anything to me so I just posted that for fun.

_liam_
02-Apr-2007, 04:01 PM
songs that are very close to my heart and instantly evoke memories of a time & place &/or strong feelings (strokes chin);

nine inch nails - even deeper

manic street preachers - of walking abortion

velvet underground - venus in furs

sex pistols - no feelings

dead kennedys - pull my strings

nine inch nails - the wretched

joy division - atmosphere

metallica - welcome home (sanitarium)

mayhem - freezing moon

morbid angel - dawn of the angry

the whole "amnesiac" album by radiohead

the whole "dark side of the moon" album by pink floyd

and the song that means the most to me;

how many more times by Led Zeppelin

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 06:33 PM
nine inch nails - even deeper

sex pistols - no feelings
Noice choice boice but it's New York for me. Even Deeper is a top choon.

the whole "amnesiac" album by radiohead
Kid A. :cool:

_liam_
02-Apr-2007, 07:55 PM
it's a tough call between kid a and amnesiac but ultimately i prefer the latter because i heard it first (being a solid metal kid beforehand).

also;

nick cave and the bad seeds - up jumped the devil

death in vegas - hands around my throat

MinionZombie
02-Apr-2007, 09:10 PM
death in vegas - hands around my throat

*sigh*

Now it's stuck in my head, ya dick'ead! :lol:

Good track though. "Girls" still rocks my socks most from their back catalogue though, can't beat a bunch of hot sounding chicks exhaling in-tune together...

MissJacksonCA
18-Apr-2007, 12:39 AM
Stabbing Westwards 'I wont become the thing I hate'

Evans Blue 'A cross and a girl named blessed'

Massive Attack 'Dissolved Girl'

Incubus 'Echo'