PDA

View Full Version : John Leguizamo i suggest as capt kirk

cmdrfox
01-Apr-2007, 11:54 PM
from what i have been reading on the internet, the upcoming "star trek 11" is in deep trouble....from what i have been reading the casting of the "classic" characters ( from todays ilk ) will be i think the franchises doom...

as it stands now, this will be the first "trek" film i will not see until cable shows it....unless paramont changes thier selections of actors / actresses the "star trek" franchice is "dead"...

i know leguizamo is early 40s, but in land of the dead he look good...he's age well from says 1992 s carlitos way when he played bennie blanco...

i think he could play kirk well...

the others ( from say spock to yeoman rand ) i find hard press to say who could be up to it....

just my input....

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 01:28 PM
Leguizamo as Kirk? Mmm... I dunno 'bout that.

axlish
02-Apr-2007, 01:29 PM
How about Peter Sarsguard?

Wrong forum, you've been moved to the media discussion.

_liam_
02-Apr-2007, 02:23 PM
er...leguizamo doesnt really look or sound like kirk...william shatner isnt a colombian dude :confused: so i dunno about that.

put christian bale in some heavy makeup and he'd be a good spock though

capncnut
02-Apr-2007, 02:25 PM
Gary Oldman as Kirk? No, I wouldn't want to see him sink into the depths any further.

Eyebiter
02-Apr-2007, 06:49 PM
Leguizamo is too old. If they are going to reboot the Star Trek franchise they want to find young actors to get a half dozen plus movies out of them.

coma
02-Apr-2007, 07:22 PM
er...leguizamo doesnt really look or sound like kirk...william shatner isnt a colombian dude :confused: so i dunno about that.

put christian bale in some heavy makeup and he'd be a good spock though
Kirk didnt sound like Kirk until they cast Shatner. He's Jewsih btw. Why shouldnt a Puerto Rican/Italian guy from New York be Kirk?:) Does every Amreican in space have to be from the Midwest? They had a southerner now its our turn beyotch.
If they are trying to restart it I think it's a good idea to go different rather than just get a lookalike.

Also Shatner wasnt that young when he did trek. Leguizamos not that old. Shantener was about 35 and Leguzamos about 45. Its not that big a difference. They dont give kids command o the flagship vessel in the fleet:)

_liam_
02-Apr-2007, 07:47 PM
Kirk didnt sound like Kirk until they cast Shatner. He's Jewsih btw. Why shouldnt a Puerto Rican/Italian guy from New York be Kirk?:) Does every Amreican in space have to be from the Midwest? They had a southerner now its our turn beyotch.

lol, eh what? i think they should have a caucasian/jewish dude who vaguely resembles shatner as kirk to maintain a bit of continuity, otherwise they might as well have jet li as captain kirk innit, unless...

If they are trying to restart it I think it's a good idea to go different rather than just get a lookalike.

aye indeed, but i think kirk & spock are too iconic. to change it that much would be like having ving rhames as sherlock holmes imo

Also Shatner wasnt that young when he did trek. Leguizamos not that old. Shantener was about 35 and Leguzamos about 45. Its not that big a difference. They dont give kids command o the flagship vessel in the fleet:)

that too wong foo movie has scuppered my ability to envision john as anything halfway manly...

DjfunkmasterG
02-Apr-2007, 08:25 PM
They wanna cast Benny Blanco as Capt. Kirk? Are they out of there f*cking minds? :rolleyes: How is it that Hollywood manages to trash every classic film franchise? Lucas destroyed his own creation... How many remixes have their been of the Star Wars films... it is getting as bad as the 15 remixes released for Faithless's Insomnia and Mea Culpa.

They will never learn.

I think this is the saddest cinema news I have ever heard. This has to be the 2nd worst decision ever made in cinematic history. The first was letting Steve Martin play Inspector Jaques Clouseau. :mad:

coma
02-Apr-2007, 08:48 PM
lol, eh what? i think they should have a caucasian/jewish dude who vaguely resembles shatner as kirk to maintain a bit of continuity, otherwise they might as well have jet li as captain kirk innit, unless...

aye indeed, but i think kirk & spock are too iconic. to change it that much would be like having ving rhames as sherlock holmes imo
Thats what I meant. Rather than compare Old Kirk to new one better to go totally another way imo. I dont think its a good idea at all. Better to make it the crew of the Reliant or something and have it in the same ear continuity. We cant stop it and it will never stop. I think its just better to not get lookalikes. Imitating Kirk/Spock etc would be a disaster and the only way to save it was to treat it as an adaptation.

I dont get sad for remakes any more after Yawn04. Im too damn tired.:)

l that too wong foo movie has scuppered my ability to envision john as anything halfway manly...
He was a hetero sex machine in Summer of Sam. Though the pest sucked!
I never saw Wong Foo. Ive seen way too many real life drags:eek:

_liam_
02-Apr-2007, 10:01 PM
...scary.

blade aint foolin no one though

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200507/28/70/c0071470_163086.jpg

Danny
03-Apr-2007, 04:18 AM
i think he's a great actor i jsut dont think he's suited for the part, maybe he could play the doctor though, you know theyd have to get robby coltrain to play scotty though.

...he was the fat scotsman from cracker right?:lol:

mista_mo
03-Apr-2007, 04:32 AM
Star trek eh? We all know an Acclamater assualt ship could destroy any of the enterprise classes..jeez, why bother making star trek films when in real life they'd get trashed by the empire for sucking back so much tea while they could have been commiting unhearalded acts of genocide on the new species they find..wat better way to keep an alien in order tehn to blow the crap outta his planet...

sorry, i couldn't resist it lol. John really wouldn't suit the image of kirk, but maybe it'd be a good thing to try and distance yourself from the image of a constantly bloating shatner...lets get a ripped guy in their to kick some alien ass..not make peace with it...

coma
03-Apr-2007, 05:35 AM
Star trek eh? We all know an Acclamater assualt ship could destroy any of the enterprise classes..jeez, why bother making star trek films when in real life they'd get trashed by the empire for sucking back so much tea while they could have been commiting unhearalded acts of genocide on the new species they find..wat better way to keep an alien in order tehn to blow the crap outta his planet...

sorry, i couldn't resist it lol. John really wouldn't suit the image of kirk, but maybe it'd be a good thing to try and distance yourself from the image of a constantly bloating shatner...lets get a ripped guy in their to kick some alien ass..not make peace with it...
And totally missing the point of what makes star trek great.:eek:

not tom mention I have no idea whay 1/2 of that post means:confused:

mista_mo
03-Apr-2007, 05:59 AM
lol, I was basically makign fun of star wars and star trek nerds who go at each others throat and say that the empire could wipe out the federation etc. and how much of a pussy i think the federation is lol.

The other part is stating that shatners gut changed size dramatically and often throughout the course of the original series.

coma
03-Apr-2007, 05:30 PM
lol, I was basically makign fun of star wars and star trek nerds who go at each others throat and say that the empire could wipe out the federation etc. and how much of a pussy i think the federation is lol.

The other part is stating that shatners gut changed size dramatically and often throughout the course of the original series.
Its funny that you can see his girdle. thats kills me.
I dont know any real Star Wars geeks, thank God!

I wanna play Kirk. I'll keep scratching my balls, say "yo" every five seconds and keep calling Spock "Fvckface":p