PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen this film?

Tricky
02-Apr-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok its a late 70's B movie but its so well done you cant help enjoy it!Interesting to see a modern army taking on feudal samurai as well,heres one of the battle sequences (which make up the majority of the film) god knows how they found so many extras!
hPDN1k-Y3rs

and another

NcjogWdHfak

Ive got it on VHS somewhere,but i dont have a video player & its probably degraded too much by now,il have to find it on DVD!

Eyebiter
02-Apr-2007, 06:01 PM
Name of the film is Sengoku Jieitai. English title is GI Samurai.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Apr-2007, 06:04 PM
Thats ounds like a name of a warped cartoon. GI Samurai - He makes Sushi out of Joe.

Tricky
02-Apr-2007, 06:13 PM
Name of the film is Sengoku Jieitai. English title is GI Samurai.

Thats the one,it was titled "time wars" on the VHS ive got though :)

axlish
02-Apr-2007, 06:19 PM
So do the Samurai basically just get owned the entire movie?

Tricky
02-Apr-2007, 06:22 PM
So do the Samurai basically just get owned the entire movie?

Initially yes,theres some awesome battles!but the soldiers only have the ammo and fuel that they were carrying,so when that runs out they get owned :evil:

EvilNed
02-Apr-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow. Those samurai sure are stupid...

"Come on men, we'll take our swords and spears and attack these iron encased beasts even though we just lost 1000 men in one single wave a few minutes ago and there seems to be no prospect of victory. Come! For honor!"

I mean, in reality any army would just turn and ****ing RUN!

Danny
03-Apr-2007, 04:21 AM
i dont knwo if this or shogun assiasin is cheesier but this looks just as good as a babys pram with blades sticking out the wheels cutting ninjas feet off:lol:

capncnut
03-Apr-2007, 10:51 AM
Shogun Assassin is awesome, the 6 DVD boxed set of Lone Wolf And Cub is really worth checking out. :cool:

Tricky
03-Apr-2007, 12:47 PM
Its definately worth a watch with a few beers and not wanting much plot :D ive not seen shogun assasin though!worth a watch for a good bit of cheese?

capncnut
03-Apr-2007, 01:11 PM
Shogun Assassin can be a little cheesy but the movie itself was taken from one episoide of a mighty 6 part 9 hour epic called Lone Wolf & Cub. The violence is relentlessly hardcore btw.

Danny
03-Apr-2007, 02:43 PM
^ once again our tastes in stuff are eeirily similar:shifty:

...i think cap'n may be me from the future:lol:

capncnut
03-Apr-2007, 02:55 PM
^ once again our tastes in stuff are eeirily similar:shifty:
<Boogie Nights high five and tooth sparkle> :D

DVW5150
04-Apr-2007, 08:53 PM
That a soldiers spirit is in his ability to adapt to change , even if his weapon jams , or a pig sticker wielding enemy gets in the chopper .
The armies that can survive the modern & old way will have the best chances .

CornishCorpse
04-Apr-2007, 09:34 PM
Ah Ive never seen this but I own a very similair film called Samurai commando if you want the actual name Ill search the dvd out. I bought it after a hard night of drinking and smoking so a samurai with tanks in the background seemed like a good idea.

The film is similair to the one youre talking about but I quite liked it...Its got a decent story to boot its not just all killing. Ties in with the japenese age of civil war heavily : Shrug : If you want any info for this £2 nugget jus gimem a nod.

suicide22
05-Apr-2007, 03:27 PM
That trailer is crazy with the Japanese the samurai fighting then been mauled aka attacked by a modern battle Japanese helicopter with these powerful gunners that just keep on slaughtering these guys one by one. This movie is crazy but looks fun to watch… so cool where I sign up to get a copy!?:lol:

Neil
05-Apr-2007, 04:05 PM
I've corrected/tidied up the youtube code in your original post... It's just the video id with the youtube tags around it...

eg:-
NcjogWdHfak

Tricky
05-Apr-2007, 05:29 PM
Cheers Neil :)

The DVD is on amazon if anyone is interested!i might just order a copy to replace my VHS one that i cant play anyway

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-I-Samurai-Sonny-Chiba/dp/B0002HSDZK/ref=sr_1_1/202-3794608-4491061?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1175793889&sr=1-1

capncnut
05-Apr-2007, 05:34 PM
Great, that'll go with my Sonny Chiba Street Fighter and Yakuza collection. :cool:

suicide22
05-Apr-2007, 08:23 PM
I will defiantly will be clicking on that link to amazon to buy that movie; it seems like fun!:cool: