PDA

View Full Version : question for those with iPod's...

MikePizzoff
04-Apr-2007, 05:31 PM
When the iPod is hooked up to iTunes and I'm browsing through the music on it is there anyway for me to highlight a section of songs and see how much space those particular songs are taking up on my iPod? I'm trying to delete some stuff but am having a very hard time deciding and this would probably help.

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2007, 06:32 PM
All I know is that there should be a count on the bottom of iTunes showing how much space you've got left and such, have you tried highlighting to see if it works? If nothing happens then it probably can't be done. I've found iTunes to be a really complicated piece of software, is it possible to select a number of files and transfer them to your playlist, or do you really have to do them one at a time?

I don't have an iPod, but my sister got one for Xmas and I spent an afternoon loading music onto it using that awful iTunes software, it's so complex and un-user-friendly!

MikePizzoff
04-Apr-2007, 09:16 PM
All I know is that there should be a count on the bottom of iTunes showing how much space you've got left and such, have you tried highlighting to see if it works? If nothing happens then it probably can't be done. I've found iTunes to be a really complicated piece of software, is it possible to select a number of files and transfer them to your playlist, or do you really have to do them one at a time?

I don't have an iPod, but my sister got one for Xmas and I spent an afternoon loading music onto it using that awful iTunes software, it's so complex and un-user-friendly!

It's easy to move more than one song onto the iPod (or anywhere) at a time. Simply hold shift to highlight a whole area between song A and B. Or hold CTRL to select certain songs.

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2007, 09:24 PM
Hmmm ... I tried doing the shift/ctrl thing, but it didn't work for me. :confused:

*shakes fist at iTunes*

It's needlessly complex! :mad:

LouCipherr
05-Apr-2007, 04:45 PM
MZ - the way I do it is like this:

1) create a new playlist

2) highlight the files you want to copy to that playlist (just how mike described - hold CTRL, click each file you want to copy over - it should highlight all the files you clicked on)

3) click on one of the files (they should all still be highlighted) and DRAG it to your new playlist. This should move all h ighlighted files to your new playlist.

This is how I do it on my 2nd gen. nano (which I fu*king hate, by the way.. the DRM management alone is enough to send me into a fit of anger. I only use it because it was a xmas gift from my mother in law, and I don't wanna piss her off! :lol:) and I agree, iTunes is nothing but a complicated piece of sh*t, but we can't really use anything else at the moment. :mad: