PDA

View Full Version : ((((Shock Waves))))

DEAD BEAT
06-Apr-2007, 03:50 AM
Man i have not posted a thread in so long but i just had to tell you guys that i was at the mall yesterday and to my surprise found shock waves on dvd!

Dam has that been a hard one to find it cost 20 dollars and was the only copy there,but ive seen it many times b4 so i knew it was worth the money.
so i just got to watch it today and i still find it great its the kind of low budget movie that almost passes off for main stream not to many extras though.
There is an 8 minute interview with luke halpin the dude who played keith and he talks about the making of the film.. 2 things though:

1) i never new the original film went missing over 20 years ago and was never found so the copies we see today are from the directors vault copy of the original film!

2) the make up artist is alan ormsby from children shouldnt play with dead things and the director also did return of the living dead 2!

And finally watching it today i was thinking dam what a story it must have almost had the same impact on movie goers as dawn did around that time,there was nothing like that at the time!:D

p.s. i hope they fry the bastard that killed Bob Clark :mad:

capncnut
06-Apr-2007, 04:07 AM
Top stuff, I'll look out for it.

Deadman_Deluxe
06-Apr-2007, 12:43 PM
I managed to pick this up on ex rental DVD from eBay several years ago. It was pretty hard to find and took several months of searching before i found a copy on DVD, which i was lucky enough to get for 0.99GBP.

Having not seen this movie since i was 9 years old, yet aware of it's cult status, i was slightly dissapointed to find that my memory had decieved me and that this was not so much a "zombie flesheater" movie, but just another "video nazi" story involving reannimated corpses, in this case, a troop of crack nazi SS officers, and of course the legendary peter cushing!!!

IMO this movie has more in common with NIGHT OF THE SS ZOMBIES and is comparible with DAWN OF THE LIVING DEAD, worth owning, but lacks replay value.

Shock Waves (1977) AKA Almost Human (UK) and Death Corps.

http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/95/60/89m.jpg

This horror movie concerns a shipwrecked yachting party. Rose (Brooke Adams) and her fellow yacht-mates, including the captain (John Carradine) run aground on an island when they hit an odd-looking freighter. Once beached, they meet up with an aging SS Commander (Peter Cushing) who had been in charge of a crew of zombies.

PS: I recently bought the official shock waves latex mask, anyone seen this yet?

MoonSylver
06-Apr-2007, 09:42 PM
Having not seen this movie since i was 9 years old, yet aware of it's cult status, i was slightly dissapointed to find that my memory had decieved me and that this was not so much a "zombie flesheater" movie, but just another "video nazi" story involving reannimated corpses, in this case, a troop of crack nazi SS officers, and of course the legendary peter cushing!!!

IMO this movie has more in common with NIGHT OF THE SS ZOMBIES and is comparible with DAWN OF THE LIVING DEAD, worth owning, but lacks replay value.

True this one isn't really a Romero style zombie film, but it's creepy & effective & worth owning IMO, unlike the others of the same sub-genre that followed it.
---MS

Bongholio
07-Apr-2007, 02:29 AM
DD' spoketh

PS: I recently bought the official shock waves latex mask, anyone seen this yet?

Take off teh helmet so we can see it better

I don't think the movie ever said they were dead or anything they may as well have been the creature from the black lagoon,simply pruny gill men with some type of life extension(well after WWII they should have looked older).

Head Shotz
07-Apr-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow! This brought back memories. I remeber when i was in 2nd grade I think, we just got cable and my babysitter let me stay up and watch this with her. Scared the shiznit out of me. Totally forgot about it unitl I saw that movie poster! Thanx for the memories, I want my mommy!:confused: :confused: :confused: