View Full Version : dawn of the living dead

dracenstein
06-Apr-2007, 10:42 AM
Just saw this in Sainsbury for £1.99. Never heard of it before and just reading the cover I found out why. I suppose the title is supposed to make you think Dawn of the Dead and buy it.

The plot is that a family moves into a house and discovers the previous owners were Mayans that were murdered and won't stay dead, and that they are attacking and eating the living. The only way to stop them is to perform the Mayan ceremony of the dead. Right.

No, I did not buy this. Has anyone?

Deadman_Deluxe
06-Apr-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah,

I bought this years ago, and in all honesty ... it's a real stinker and not very good at all.

You should certainly add it to your DVD collection for 1.99GBP, but don't expect anything in return for your 1.99GBP other than to tick a box stating that you own it.

I bought it thinking that i might at least be able to lift some spoken word audio samples from it, but there was nothing of real use as this is not so much a zombie movie, but a story of reannimated mayan tribespeople looking for revenge :(

1. Curse of the Maya (2004) aka "Dawn of the Living Dead" - UK (DVD box title)

http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/76/04/29m.jpg

When a young couple move into an abandoned house in the mountains, they discover it's infected by an ancient curse brought on by the murder of an innocent Mayan Indian family. Whoever murdered them did not bury them properly - now the dead are walking - and they are very hungry. If you're warm and breathing you're surely to fall prey to the "Curse of the Maya".

fartpants
13-Apr-2007, 06:32 PM
another example of film makers adding the name of a classic on, just to trick people into buying garbage:bored: