View Full Version : The Real GTA4 Trailer

Cykotic
07-Apr-2007, 03:32 PM
dSnubjK3RIg

Tricky
07-Apr-2007, 03:54 PM
If the in-game graphics really look as good as that,and it isnt a CGI mock up of how it might look,then im seriously going to crack one off to it when it comes out :D

Cykotic
07-Apr-2007, 03:58 PM
I think that's in game footage

_liam_
07-Apr-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah, its the same engine they used in rockstar table tennis. weird eh?

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2007, 04:14 PM
What do you mean 'the real trailer', that was posted online about a week ago? :confused:

That's what GTA4 is gonna look like ... no idea about gameplay though, nor many details ... just a few 'stroke-shots', so-to-speak.

I'm gonna get my mits on Saint's Row when I get a 360 as soon afterwards as possible to gimme a flavour of next-gen GTA style gameplay, and it'll plug the gap. :p

I was initially iffy about the trailer, but I was up early and tired at the time, I like it more now ... I still wish it was in the 1970s though...

So if this is the real trailer, as we knew from when it was released on the 30th, what's (and where is) the 'fake' trailer? :confused:

Cykotic
07-Apr-2007, 04:17 PM
I didn't know it was posted a week ago,.... oops

sorry!

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2007, 04:28 PM
I didn't know it was posted a week ago,.... oops

sorry!
Silly billy. :p

You made me rush upstairs and get my laptop down so I could view the video! *grumble* :p

I googled up a forum with people saying something about a GTA4 trailer saying it was fake, something to do with a game called APB or something...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161126

(Not the link I was on about, it was some PS3 forum I think...)

Danny
07-Apr-2007, 04:33 PM
apb?, thats an online game for the pc right?, all points bulletin, like gta but you play cops instead.

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2007, 04:36 PM
No idea, anyway ... just read through the link I posted in my previous, erm, post and there were speculations about a sign saying "visit Vice City, $300" ... now it's probably just a sign, but that'd be pretty freakin' cool ... getting to return to Vice City, but in the modern day...it'd be pretty cool I think...the faded remnants of the 1980s, like the place was a real dump, but with delusions of 80s grandeur ...

...and that reminds me...if Kent Paul isn't back it'd be a CRIME!!!

capncnut
07-Apr-2007, 11:52 PM
What do you mean 'the real trailer', that was posted online about a week ago? :confused:
Beat me to it man. And I'm far from impressed with this.

...and that reminds me...if Kent Paul isn't back it'd be a CRIME!!!
Word bitch :sneaky:. He should be the star of GTAIV man.

"Now take us back to Las Venturas, ya soppy c**t!" :lol:

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 10:50 AM
"Now take us back to Las Venturas, ya soppy c**t!"

Perzactly!

I wasn't impressed to begin with, in fact I was flat-out pissed off ... but I was tired at the time, and then a few re-watches has softened me up. I look forward to seeing more rather than judging it on one trailer that doesn't give up anything ... a GTA version of Queens and Long Island and New Jersey and all that would be awesome, like a whole state - Liberty State or something...that'd be awesome, you can't really go smaller than San Andreas now can you? That'd be a step backwards...hopefully they've gone forwards and it'll be a huge game ... with none of those retarded missions ... and a decent story too...and some decent cars. San Andreas was lacking in that department, the designs were mostly sh*t and many of them didn't go well.

Also - SOUND EFFECTS. PROPER SOUND EFFECTS PLEASE!!! Most of the car noises in San Andreas were terrible, didn't sound like a car at all. And gun noises? The same ear-annoying batter-batter, more like someone making a sound error than a gunshot - PROPER, REALISTIC SOUND EFFECTS PLEASE!!!

Despite being a great franchise, there's always a somewhat underlying cheapness about the GTA games ... hopefully they've got shot of that, because it's not like they're hard up, this game is blatantly gonna sell like hot cakes, it's like the second coming or some bollocks.

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 03:21 PM
hopefully they've gone forwards and it'll be a huge game... with none of those retarded missions... and a decent story too... and some decent cars.
I can't help but feel that now they have a new engine that it's gonna give 'em the right to rehash most of the missions (and licences) from the original three games. I hope not 'cos if a.) I have to shoot those f**kers while trying to catch up with that train again or b.) have to repeat those sh**ty bollocky plane licences then it will go back to Gamestation the day it's bought.

Despite being a great franchise, there's always a somewhat underlying cheapness about the GTA games... hopefully they've got shot of that, because it's not like they're hard up, this game is blatantly gonna sell like hot cakes, it's like the second coming or some bollocks.
Oh the GTA series is as cheap as a whore in the Dutch red light district. It makes fun of killing people, running old ladies over, thievin' cars and f**kin' ho's. They should sell the game with a free Kiss Me Quick hat and a Frankie Says t-shirt. :D

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 03:47 PM
I hope not 'cos if a.) I have to shoot those f**kers while trying to catch up with that train again or b.) have to repeat those sh**ty bollocky plane licences then it will go back to Gamestation the day it's bought.

Damn straight on both those points.

Hopefully if they're 'changing the way it is' or whatever they said, hopefully that involves taking those terrible missions out, as well as anything remotely related to dancing or operating anything via remote control.

And flying licenses/driving licenses etc are SUPER DUPER AMAZINGLY LAME.

The player, by now, should know how to do all that sh*t.

Also, it'd be better if the character's main story was more realistic - so no need to fly planes, perhaps a chopper at a couple of points, but no more than that. Also, none of that men-in-black bullshiite. I want a protagonist who is normal and 'off the street', so they're not doing all the daft things CJ ended up doing.

There can be flying and all that, but it should be a matter of choice or a matter of an optional side mission. The main story should be kept simple and FUN...if at any point I'm screaming obscenities at the TV and throwing my dummy out the pram, then it's failed it's job of giving me cheap entertainment.

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 04:50 PM
The player, by now, should know how to do all that sh*t.
Doesn't work that way G, they HAVE to cater for the first time player I'm afraid.

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 06:08 PM
Doesn't work that way G, they HAVE to cater for the first time player I'm afraid.
But it's retarded, the vast majority of people playing GTA will no doubt be seasoned professionals at it by now, it's been around for years after all!

And if you are new to it, they should have an optional, or entirely separate, area to school you in it. But if you know how to fly from Vice City/San Andreas days - then you're snorted.

I hate repetition!

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 06:59 PM
I hate repetition!
So do I but believe it or not there are many people who haven't even played a GTA game before. Now they have a new engine, things are gonna change and even the seasoned player may not know what's in store. For that reason alone I'd say that the licences and the odd repetitive mission are guaranteed with this release. And it's only gonna get more difficult my friend. :sneaky:

Tail a helicopter, fly through the rings, parachute out, land on the bullseye and then shoot your plane down before it hits the ground... within 60 seconds... with nothing but a handgun! :D

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 07:04 PM
I still maintain that getting licenses should be a side option, like "have you been playing GTA for a while now, like millions of other people? If so, skip this old shiite and have some fun".

The actual mechanics of flying a plane or chopper around probably won't change...the plane will just look better.

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2007, 07:12 PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/gta-iv/massive-gta-iv-ad-hits-nyc-250521.php

hahaha!!! Take that NYC, now that's some poke-in-the-eye humour. :D

bassman
09-Apr-2007, 07:28 PM
:lol:

That's great. I wonder how long until they're forced to take it down.

Tricky
09-Apr-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually,and maybe im being dumb here,but calling it GTA4 means that vice city & san andreas arent actually part of the series then!so i suppose if it works like that then it makes sense to be set in liberty city again.Were GTA1 and 2 set around liberty city as well?i only played them round a friends,i never owned the PS1 versions

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2007, 10:00 PM
GTA 1 through 4 are all Liberty City (and then there's Liberty City Stories - geez, what is it with that locale?!)

Vice City and San Andreas are set in the past, hence the subtitles, rather than roman numberals.

The comments on that site were funny - 'they're advertising roman numberals!' :lol:

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 10:54 PM
Actually,and maybe im being dumb here,but calling it GTA4 means that vice city & san andreas arent actually part of the series then!
I think they are numbering GTA with every generation of console. I dont see why, including GTA: 1969, Yakuza Missions (there was a mission pack called that wasn't there?) and Liberty City Stories this is the <counts> 9th GTA game.

MinionZombie
10-Apr-2007, 10:28 AM
*ahem* There was Vice City Stories as well...

GTA1
GTA: London 1969
GTA: London 1961 (another expansion pack)
GTA2
GTA: III
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
GTA: Advance (Gameboy Advance version)
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories
GTA:IV

So that's 11...if this Yakuza thing exists...which I've never heard of...it'd be 12 ... and it doesn't appear to exist. :rockbrow:

capncnut
10-Apr-2007, 12:17 PM
I've read a lot of games magazines in my time so maybe it was a proposed mission pack thingy that never materialised. I dunno, I could swear there was something like that out at one time. Then again, what do I know? I thought that bloke from 'Allo 'Allo was dead for a good 10 years until I saw him on some BBC talk show. It was like seeing a ghost.

Oh yeah, I just found a demo of GTA2 on an old free Kerrang cd - OMG, it's unplayable! How the hell did we ever play this crap? :eek: