PDA

View Full Version : Planet Terror or Deathproof???

Trancelikestate
07-Apr-2007, 05:14 PM
pretty sure i know what this outcome will be, but i'm intrested to see if anyone like DP more. :D

Kaos
07-Apr-2007, 05:17 PM
Terror Planet was the better of the two and not by a small margin.

BTW - moving this to the media forum.

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 12:29 AM
I've not even seen the movie yet and it's obvious what one I've gone for. You're on a freakin' zombie forum! This will be a landslide. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
08-Apr-2007, 01:07 AM
Actaully Capn, Planet Terror is just that much better. Death proof was quite annoying unless Kurt Russell was on screen.

Eyebiter
08-Apr-2007, 12:37 PM
The first half of Deathproof wasn't bad, it just didn't go anywhere. After the jump cut the second part just didn't have any point.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Apr-2007, 02:21 PM
So far 9 for Planet Terror 0 for Death Proof.

Robert Rodriguez proves time and time again he is a fabulous filmmaker no matter what the genre. :D

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 04:01 PM
Roadracers mon. :cool:

DjfunkmasterG
08-Apr-2007, 05:14 PM
For those on the fence about Grindhouse... go here and watch some clips.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/749/749962/vids_1.html

Dawg
08-Apr-2007, 05:33 PM
Me and my wife went and saw it last night. We were at the mall and I just left Waldens with Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and she called me up and asked me if I wanted to see it.

She surprised me since she didn't show an interest prior, but at the end, she loved it and I as well! The deaths were amazing and gross and love just how both were filmed, especially Planet Terror's film damage look.

Definitely a dvd purchase when it comes out!! :D

:dead: Dawg

DVW5150
09-Apr-2007, 02:26 AM
They are entirely different plots , but which ever I prefer would depend on my mood ... I liked both , if I want zeds "Planet Terror" (which has alot of elements too other than zeds ) if I want chics that are coool and can drive & kick the f*ckin sh!t outta a dickhead vehicular manslaughterer :" Death Proof" ... I am not gonna vote one over the other , sorry .
They are different movies , I do not compare different movies . I would choose based on the mood I was in .

MikePizzoff
09-Apr-2007, 02:31 AM
Planet Terror all the way. Rodriguez did a fantastic job with this. I had fun throughout the entire movie. It's very rare that I actually have fun watching a movie.

Death Proof... eh. Tarrantino didn't bother making a grindhouse-esque film. He just made another one of his typical films but added some horror to it. Overdrawn dialogue scenes with long cuts... boring. Not what I was expecting from him (although I probably should have). I must say I loved him as an actor (as usual) in both films, though.

I was mad that whilst reading online a lot of people were saying that the audience applauded at the end of both films. Well, the crowd I was with did not applause at the end of Planet Terror (even some people left) yet went wild at the end of Death Proof. Argh!

Terran
09-Apr-2007, 02:50 AM
Planet Terror all the way. Rodriguez did a fantastic job with this. I had fun throughout the entire movie. It's very rare that I actually have fun watching a movie.

Death Proof... eh. Tarrantino didn't bother making a grindhouse-esque film. He just made another one of his typical films but added some horror to it. Overdrawn dialogue scenes with long cuts... boring. Not what I was expecting from him (although I probably should have). I must say I loved him as an actor (as usual) in both films, though.

I was mad that whilst reading online a lot of people were saying that the audience applauded at the end of both films. Well, the crowd I was with did not applause at the end of Planet Terror (even some people left) yet went wild at the end of Death Proof. Argh!

Chicks love Death Proof....they dont care if its a good movie or not

MikePizzoff
09-Apr-2007, 02:53 AM
Chicks love Death Proof....they dont care if its a good movie or not

Funny you should say that because the majority of the people that did go wild at the end of it were women.

Terran
09-Apr-2007, 03:33 AM
When I watched it there were these three girls sitting behind me.....every two seconds during Death Proof they were either laughing or cheering....even during all those pointless stories....

erisi236
09-Apr-2007, 03:37 AM
Deathproof is just more proof that QT should stick to acting and stay far away from the writing/directing. :dead:

So yeah, Planet Terror. :)

Tullaryx
09-Apr-2007, 03:48 PM
I like Death Proof just a tad more because it has Kurt Russell and muscle cars in it.

DVW5150
10-Apr-2007, 09:59 PM
" Death Proof " was character development (good in my stance ) ... " Planet Terror " was , well you know . The two different movies should be enjoyed , if not , leave ...