PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for RZ's Halloween (finally!)

LouCipherr
07-Apr-2007, 08:07 PM
Rob Zombie's Halloween Trailer (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/halloween.html;_ylt=AhXUThrgXmeEWF7OnPfwnp5fVXcA)

I like the way it looks. Seems to have a very gritty feel to it.

That being said, I don't think anyone can replace Donald Pleasance as Dr. Loomis, but man, the rest of the flick looks like it's gonna be good.

I hope he doesn't drop the ball.. *fingers crossed*

DjfunkmasterG
07-Apr-2007, 09:22 PM
The trailer looks good. Lets just hope he keep the momentum going.

Danny
07-Apr-2007, 10:38 PM
cannot.****ing.wait. :head shakes with increasing twitchieness till it exploes with excitement smiely:

...y'know im sure there is one of those around ,this forum could use one.:)

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 12:33 AM
I posted this earlier today. Aye looks grand. :cool:

Yeah f**k the haters, I'm hearing all sorts of things. Like a real fairytale childhood gone wrong <music box playing out of tune> and a real reason for the hatred inside Myers. It's hard what to believe but I bet your bottom dollar that Zombie has got all the bases covered. Allegedly the first half of the movie is about Myers childhood alone. That excites me. And the supporting cast looks meaty, bring it on.

Here's the new trailer if you haven't seen it.

vxPHznqYFXE

Yeah, I though McDowell looked nicely in place as Loomis there. And some of that incest-play with Myers (when he was touching his sister's/aunt's thigh) looked well disturbing. Maybe this time, well get to know why he's such a psychotic bastard, why he doesn't say anything, and hopefully why he doesn't run after his victims.

I bet the other classmates never picked him on Sports Day. :D

LouCipherr
08-Apr-2007, 01:02 AM
I posted this earlier today. Aye looks grand. :cool:

d'oh!

Sorry 'bout that chief. :D

DjfunkmasterG
08-Apr-2007, 01:12 AM
I just watched it a second time and I can honestly say I am super psyched for this film. August 31st can't come quick enough.

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 02:32 AM
You knows it Deej. :sneaky:

Danny
08-Apr-2007, 03:41 AM
why isnt it actually being released on halloween though?, surely zombie would strive to get it out on that date:rockbrow:

MikePizzoff
08-Apr-2007, 03:41 AM
This movie comes out on my birthday.

The trailer didn't impress me very much. The lighting in certain outdoors shots was way too well done. That was a great thing about the original Halloween. It felt like you were really there; the street was dark and eerie when people were walking/running down it. In this trailer, it looks like the street is being lit up by a zillion lights. Lame.

I didn't really think anything else was badly done... but nothing really impressed me very much. I still have faith in it, though, just not as much as I did.

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 11:06 AM
Now, one thing that kinda bothers me - you can see his eyes.

I know there's talk about his eyes, but it was best left unseen like in the original I think. Pure Evil, to me, shouldn't have human eyes - so just the black holes where eyes should be, in the mask, was a better feeling.

So I'm iffy about being able to see his eyes...hoepfully RZ has got 'the right eyes for the job' in there, but after recent Halloween flicks where you could see his eyes ... hmmm.

That's my singular grievance thus far...

Eyebiter
08-Apr-2007, 12:46 PM
Halloween is one of those movies that was so good, it's near impossible for the remake to top it. Still if the remake manages to stay in theaters until October it will make a lot of money.

LouCipherr
08-Apr-2007, 03:39 PM
I think the eyes thing is probably very intentional. Rob said that he wanted to bring you more into Michael himself, what made him become what he was, his thoughts, his motivations. The fact that at one point in time he was actually human (or 'normal' - however you want to put it).

Perhaps that is when he first puts on the mask, giving you a last glimpse of what he was, and what he's to become all in one shot - I dunno... All I can say is, I'm freakin' psyched. :D

I'm not sure that anyone could ever remake Halloween better than the original either, but I do see this as a film that could sit next to the original as a remake that actually didn't suck for once.

MinionZombie
08-Apr-2007, 03:41 PM
Hmmm...nice thoughts about the eyes thing...hopefully it is just to begin with, I like the idea of that being the last shred of anything remotely human about the character.

Aye, RZ will no doubt have solid reasons for the whole thing, TDR certainly showed that (especially in the lengthy-ass documentary where RZ laid out solid reasoning for absolutely everything).

A remake I'm actually looking forward to. :eek:*gasps*

LouCipherr
08-Apr-2007, 03:49 PM
That's what came to mind when I saw the trailer - he starts to pull the mask on, then it shows him with it on (looking almost at ease) and glancing around. That looks like the transitional point.

Hey, I'm just tryin' to be optimistic here.. :lol: We know RZ knows his way around 70's horror, I just hope he can get the character thing right. We'll see.

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 04:08 PM
Perhaps that is when he first puts on the mask, giving you a last glimpse of what he was, and what he's to become all in one shot - I dunno... All I can say is, I'm freakin' psyched. :D

Hey, I'm just tryin' to be optimistic here... :lol: We know RZ knows his way around 70's horror, I just hope he can get the character thing right. We'll see.
I don't think we got anything to worry about.

Tullaryx
09-Apr-2007, 04:08 PM
Malcolm McDowell won't replace Donald Pleasance as Dr. Loomis in my book, but Rob Zombie couldn't have picked a better replacement with Pleasance being dead hampering his ability to try for the role again.

PJoseph
11-Apr-2007, 03:44 AM
I like Rob Zombie but this looks pretty run of the mill modern day horror remake garbage.

Too bad. I thought remaking this film could be interesting. Maybe the trailer isn't doing the film justice. I'm still hopeful.

pJ

fartpants
13-Apr-2007, 05:24 PM
sadly if the trailers crap, it normally means that the film will be crap, we can only hope it will surprise us all:cool:

capncnut
13-Apr-2007, 08:34 PM
sadly if the trailers crap, it normally means that the film will be crap
Have to disagree with you chief. About 70% of all the bad trailers I see are usually great movies. Same goes for good trailers, they generally end being bad movies.

fartpants
14-Apr-2007, 02:53 PM
dont know how that works then:rockbrow:

EvilNed
14-Apr-2007, 05:15 PM
Been a Halloween fan since my childhood. Michael was always my favourite out of the "big three". Here's my thoughts:

I don't like the eyes. You shouldn't see them. But the mask is cool.

As someone mentioned, the lightning outdoors. I thought it looked very artificial and even looked like as if it was day. That was never a feeling I got in the original Halloween. It was pitch black alot of the time.

This film looks more action packed, but that might just be how they cut it together. I'm against "action packing" Halloween, but meh. The original will still live on.

As for McDowell, he's Ok. I can't say anything more right now, but he feels a bit more polished than Pleasance did. And I mean that in a kind of bad way. Pleasance WAS Loomis.

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2007, 06:18 PM
It's completely hit & miss, 50/50 basically. Sometimes a turd trailer means turd films, but very often a great trailer ends up being a turd film (more likely in this scenario - your hopes are high, then dashed).

It's just whatever really, in the wind.

The trailer for 40 Year Old Virgin made it look like some American Pie gross-out cash-in piece of junk, but then I actually watched it (having hated the trailer) and I freakin' loved the film, it was hilariously funny and the ensemble cast were terrific.

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 07:03 PM
Looks like the new Halloween trailer has been taken down from a few places but you can still see it on You Tube.

I thought the trailer wasn't too bad considering. I thought the part where Michael puts on the mask for the first time looked pretty damn creepy. As a child Michael was a deranged and coldblooded killer and that's exactly what the trailer depicted. I agree that it does look a little too action orientated but if they get the fear balance right then you could be in for some pretty wild scenes.

There's absolutely no way in hell that this will remotely touch Carpenter's original movie and I don't think it's intending to. It's going to be a re-envisioning of the story from Rob Zombie's perspective and surely this serves up more plusses than minuses. Firstly, he will succeed when it comes to the overall spirit of Halloween, no doubt about it. From his early days in White Zombie right up until his last album Educating Horses, Zombie has never been shy of shoving 50's b-movie monsters down our throats. He seems to have a real love and passion of ol' skool horror and he displayed this to great effect with the opening sequence of 1000 Corpses. Just watch the scene with the murder ride, that alone convinces me he's the right man for the job.

Secondly, you can damn well guarantee some tension. The Devil's Rejects had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, whether it was the motel hostage scene or Wydell's torturing of the Firefly's you can't deny them moments had you clawing at your armchair. Not only that but it had more red herrings than an Agatha Christie novel.

And lastly you know that Zombie will churn out another fantastic soundtrack. I don't know if anyone checked out the music samples I posted a while back but the new Halloween theme sounds awesome. You can hear parts of it in the trailer but when it starts to go all pear shaped like an out of tune music box... man, that s**t creeped me out! I'm really looking forward to this, I think the reviews are going to be good. At the end of the day there's not much to lose 'cos if it does turn out to be a stinker then it will just go on to the (ever increasing) pile of crap remakes. But on the other hand, if it's a corker...

I'm off to watch the original now. :sneaky:

Mutineer
17-Apr-2007, 07:31 PM
100% agree

This is much better than (insert filmmaker name) directing it. Zombie will do some justice to the series that we probably haven't seen since Halloween 2

Ho1KC and The Devil's Reject's are really cool films that respect the genres and the era. Bringing Myers' story back to the 70's is gonna be rad.

Can't wait.

LouCipherr
21-Apr-2007, 12:50 AM
here's a quick interview w/Rob about Halloween:
____

The following is a question-and-answer session with Rob Zombie, as posted on the official "Halloween" MySpace page:

Q: Is Jamie Lee Curtis going to pop up in it somewhere either as a cameo or a small role?

Rob Zombie: No, Jamie Lee Curtis does not appear in the film. Obviously I think she is great, but I also thought her presence would break the reality of this new film.

Q: Does John Carpenter have anything to do with the new movie?

Rob Zombie: No, other than wishing me well with the project John does not have any involvement.

Q: Instead of having Danielle Harris play Annie was there any thought of having her play Laurie?

Rob Zombie: No, Danielle never wanted to play Laurie. She has always been a fan of the original Annie character and wanted to create the new Annie.

Q: How much, if any, CGI was used in the film making process?

Rob Zombie: There are no CGI effects used in this film at all. Everything is an "old-school"-style gag.

Q: I know that "A Clockwork Orange" is one of your favorite movies. How did you approach Malcolm McDowell and what was it like to work with him?

Rob Zombie: I am a huge fan of Malcolm, and yes, "A Clockwork Orange" is my favorite film. Malcolm was a total blast to work with. He gave a 100% every day and has created a fresh version of Loomis that is going to blow you guys away. We really get to know Loomis and follow his journey.

Q: How has the instant feedback of forums, such as MySpace or message boards in general, influenced you as a director? Do the likes or the dislikes of your fanbase influenced your decisions?

Rob Zombie: No. As a director, you have to hold strong your vision. That is the only way something special can happen. "Too many cooks in the kitchen" is a recipe for disaster. I love the fans, but unfortunately the fans are usually basing their opinions on rumors and false information spread online.

Q: I understand that you filmed on some of the same streets as the original; will any of the houses from the original appear in your film at all?

Rob Zombie: Yes, I filmed in Pasadena in and around some of the same locations. In a few scenes you can see some of the famous houses in the background.

Q: Did you get to work with any other folks who worked on the original "Halloween"? How conscious are you with regard to recreating how the movie is photographed?

Rob Zombie: No, I didn't speak to anyone. As far as the photography I didn't try to recreate the look of the original. This movie has to stand as a fresh film not a copy.

Q: Any plans for sequels? Where would you want to take the franchise?

Rob Zombie: I'm sure if the movie does well they will make a sequel. I have no plans to be involved.

Q: Why did you choose "Halloween" to re-create? There were so many other films, why "Halloween"?

Rob Zombie: I didn't choose "Halloween". "Halloween" chose me.

Danny
21-Apr-2007, 02:35 AM
all i really cared about there was "nope, no cgi":cool: , thats the sign of something besides mtv summer horror crap, it should be released on halloween though.

Cody
21-Apr-2007, 07:29 AM
not to excited about this film. sorry :X