View Full Version : Online World

CornishCorpse
08-Apr-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey there, just the cornish corpse askin what games does everyone play online? I play quite a few games online and thought itd be cool to duke it out with some of the members on here.

I play all of the daw of war trilogy, age of empires 1-2 ( old school boi ) battlefield 2, avp2 and all of the unreal tournament series so far.

Danny
08-Apr-2007, 11:52 PM
warcraft 3 and maplestory on my pc, and i also have an xbox live account i need to resubscribe to, and change the damned name.:rolleyes:

capncnut
08-Apr-2007, 11:54 PM
Maplestory, I keep hearing about this.

Danny
09-Apr-2007, 12:04 AM
its a free mmorpg thats 2-d and side viewed with a platforming element, so a multiplayer platformer was what sold it for me, you start a character and go and do quests and stuff, simple and very fun, cus its bright but simple graphics akin to a high end gba game any pc can run it, therefore its also the only mmrpg i can play,lol.

check it otu cap'n i rekcon youll like it, anyone tries it start a character on the khani server, thats got the least people right now, ive got a bitchin' wizard called gromnir in there, yes its nerdy but hey its hundreds of hours of free gameing with other people no less.:cool:

http://www.nexon.net/ - go the the maple section to find it.

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeah cheers Hellz, I like the sound of that. I think I'll give it a go, how in depth does it go?

Danny
09-Apr-2007, 12:13 AM
depends on you really.

if your a billy no mates its just doing quests to lvl to unlock higher level quests and on and on.
if you have friends online then its basically a better version of msn cus you can talk whilst killin' zombies (though they arent till much further into the game world, but yes chibi 32 bit zombies:cool: ).
if you have friends in real life that play it you can shedule to like meet up at like 3pm for an hours play ro something and do special quests you have to do as a party, involving actual boss monsters, which is a rare thing for an mmo.

like i said i can reccommend it ,ive been playing on and off for about a year.

-oh if you do play it (and of course someone on here wont be able to resist killin' zombies:D ) the stat system is complex, but this forum has guides to rasie waht every 5 levels to make an unbeatable cahracter.

www.onrpg.com

you could even make a hpotd guild if enough people played it:)

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 12:17 AM
Well, I'm definitely gonna give it a go. Maybe tomorrow but I'll probably browse the guide tonight and brush meself up.

Danny
09-Apr-2007, 12:20 AM
well start a character in the khani server (its called something like that) adn add gromnir to the buddy list, cus in this game if you party people, even when your offline the other people on your list share xp and cash with each other, makes for easy lvling early on.

-that said, if anyone starts this game now and keeps getting killed early on by the yellow egg monsters dont worry there an easter event and dissappear on the 12th.

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 12:22 AM
that said, if anyone starts this game now and keeps getting killed early on by the yellow egg monsters dont worry there an easter event and dissappear on the 12th.
You gotta love that right there. :lol:

Danny
09-Apr-2007, 12:24 AM
hey in november there were turkey monsters you had to kill for thanksgiving and you could get off em a bitchin' native american headdress or a camp as christmas pilgrim hat they do this stuff all the time on there, its one of the reasons why i like it.

heres some screenshots

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/413.html

and a guide site here

http://global.hidden-street.net/

-and cornish, sorry bout the thread highjack.

capncnut
09-Apr-2007, 12:38 AM
I agree, it sounds very novel and I like the idea behind it.

Craig
09-Apr-2007, 12:29 PM
Assuming your not just looking for free RPGs, I play a very cool, very realistic WWII FPS called Red Orchestra.

CornishCorpse
09-Apr-2007, 12:55 PM
Nah no worries Hells Im thinking about joining up to the mmorpg looks good easy and of course free is a bonus. Hpotd guild sounds like a laugh.

Care to tell me more about red orchestra craig? free or do you have to buy? Any realistic fps is worth a look in my eyes.

Yorkie
09-Apr-2007, 04:29 PM
The only game I have ever played online was Red Alert 2 although I did get better I still was never good at it :(

The game I will be playing online soon maybe is C&C3 just playing the missions first though :)