View Full Version : Will we ever see a Night of the Living Dead 1990 directors cut?

Eyebiter
11-Apr-2007, 10:29 AM
I've heard there is a bootleg version of the film shown at conventions that has some of the gore scenes intact. Assuming the footage could be recovered, is there enough fan interest to justify a directors cut of Night 1990?

Neil
11-Apr-2007, 11:32 AM
I've heard there is a bootleg version of the film shown at conventions that has some of the gore scenes intact. Assuming the footage could be recovered, is there enough fan interest to justify a directors cut of Night 1990?

I seem to remember seeing it and not being impressed with it?

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2007, 11:59 AM
I asked Tom Savini this at the Horrorfind convention last year when i asked him to sign my Night 90 poster from the UK. He said what you see is what you get, and the deleted scenes showing the more graphic footage in the Making of Video in the special features is all there really was of extra footage. So you are only gaining what 5 seconds?

Neil
11-Apr-2007, 02:06 PM
I asked Tom Savini this at the Horrorfind convention last year when i asked him to sign my Night 90 poster from the UK. He said what you see is what you get, and the deleted scenes showing the more graphic footage in the Making of Video in the special features is all there really was of extra footage. So you are only gaining what 5 seconds?

I'll swear when I saw it, it felt as if it was cut differently and definately the music was different - as if a temp sound track? Hmmm...!?

axlish
11-Apr-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes, there is a temp track. There are also some scenes that play a little longer, so it is not just gore that is additional in the rough cut.

capncnut
11-Apr-2007, 03:04 PM
Damn, I had no idea. I would love to see this.

bassman
11-Apr-2007, 03:07 PM
It would be cool to check out. I would imagine that someone out there has it available AT LEAST on VHS.

I love how Savini says that the gore being removed actually helps the audience make it up in their own mind. :lol: Who is he kidding? He's Tom F*cking Savini. He's one of the creators of modern on-screen gore.

MJCSD
16-Aug-2012, 08:50 AM
I have a copy of the VHS working print its nice to see the film complete and uncut at last