View Full Version : Legal Status of NOTLD ...

B. Brown
11-Apr-2007, 03:40 PM
Recently, I've read that NOTLD is in the public domain. I also assumed this was true because of the recent remakes, and the ability to make money off of the remakes. However, while making requests for actors at craigslist.org, I was informed that the movie isn't in the public domain and would be difficult to distribute the film?

Does anyone here know the real deal about this? Am I able to remake this film and sell it off, like Reese did, and the director of NOTLD 3D did? Or am I on the wrong track?

MikePizzoff
11-Apr-2007, 04:43 PM
Go ahead and make it.

Although, be warned, it has been remade and is being remade by 1,000,000 different people. So your remake will most likely be over-looked. No offense, but a lot of people are sick of the Night remakes and just don't bother checking them out.

capncnut
11-Apr-2007, 07:21 PM
There is a lot of truth in the Pizz post but on the other hand there are people who appreciate independent filmmaking on all levels. I personally wouldn't dream of remaking a movie but Reese Evenesheshevenen (too many JD's :D) has proved that it can be done cheaply and successfully. If it's in your bones then do it bro.

EvilNed
11-Apr-2007, 07:23 PM
When you've had sex with more women than there are NOTLD remakes, you're a stud.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2007, 09:05 PM
When you've had sex with more women than there are NOTLD remakes, you're a stud.

Zing.... :D

We don't need another remake so fast we had 2 back to back. Let them have their time then come back to it in 20 years.

Plus if NOTLD was not in Public Domain, a whole ****load of filmmakers would get their balls sued off for shambling flesh eating zombies.

Deadman_Deluxe
12-Apr-2007, 12:28 AM
However, while making requests for actors at craigslist.org, I was informed that the movie isn't in the public domain and would be difficult to distribute the film?

Does anyone here know the real deal about this?

So far as i am aware NOTLD is no longer in the public domain, we talked about this just a couple of months ago so you should do a search and find some backdated posts on this forum which will probably hold the information you are looking for.