PDA

View Full Version : Finally a release date! (360 news)

Andy
11-Apr-2007, 07:42 PM
http://images.ea.com/games/cc3/x360/cc3x360pack.gif

We are pleased to announce that Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars for the Xbox 360 will be in stores on May 10 and we will be releasing a demo via Xbox LIVE in the coming weeks!

More details on the demo forthcoming, but for now, enjoy the following new screenshots and final box art.

Source (http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx)

Danny
11-Apr-2007, 07:48 PM
ive yet to play the others but it looks cool.

Tricky
11-Apr-2007, 07:50 PM
Saw the PC version in the shop at the weekend,its tempting,but i'd prefer it if they went back to present day technology like in the original C&C!

capncnut
11-Apr-2007, 08:27 PM
Never really got into strategy games but hey this looks good!

Andy
11-Apr-2007, 08:28 PM
Saw the PC version in the shop at the weekend,its tempting,but i'd prefer it if they went back to present day technology like in the original C&C!
Ive played the PC version at my brothers house and it is really good, i would recomend it to anyone, unfortunatly my peice of crap PC wont run it lol.

slickwilly13
11-Apr-2007, 09:52 PM
I will definately get this next month. Did the U.K. just receive a release date? I have known about the May 8th U.S. release for a while.

Yorkie
11-Apr-2007, 10:59 PM
I have this game for the PC and I love it, I have always enjoyed playing C&C games anyway but was worried this would be like Generals a complete letdown (for me anyway) I didn't like it at all cos it was nothing like the games I had spent hours playing.

This one however, is :D

It will obviously be as good for the 360 but since my PC runs this game quite happily I don't need to buy it.

Highly recommended game though

Exatreides
11-Apr-2007, 11:06 PM
Man, C&C was the first thing that really brought me into hard core gaming. Back in 1996 when I played it on my Sega Saturn. Never played Generals, but from what I heard, it sounded all icky.

Demo1?!/! When is the demo coming out?!1?

CoinReturn
12-Apr-2007, 01:58 AM
I played the PC demo and man, lemme tell ya, it felt great to play a really involving RTS like that. Its classic C&C through and through. Highly recommended. I'd like to see how they handle the controls in the 360 version.

MikePizzoff
12-Apr-2007, 01:36 PM
The PC C&C games rule. Let's hope this one's just as great. I can't wait to download the demo!

EvilNed
12-Apr-2007, 02:09 PM
Tiberian Sun gave me hemoroids it was so bad. Never again am I playing a C&C game.

Yorkie
14-Apr-2007, 04:14 PM
Each to their own so they say but if you do like strategy games giving up after Tiberian Sun was a bad move since Red Alert 1 & 2 were fantastic, both are pretty cheap now might be worth giving it another try :)

Exatreides
15-Apr-2007, 11:07 PM
think tib sun came out before Red 2, didn't it?

EvilNed
16-Apr-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes, Tiberian Sun came out before Red Alert 2. I did give Generals a try though, and it was headed in the right direction. But they completly went back to the old school management with Tiberian Wars. Which was adequate 10 years ago.

Exatreides
17-Apr-2007, 01:41 AM
9.0 on gamespot, sounds like they did a couple things right.

Andy
17-Apr-2007, 10:36 AM
Yes, Tiberian Sun came out before Red Alert 2. I did give Generals a try though, and it was headed in the right direction. But they completly went back to the old school management with Tiberian Wars. Which was adequate 10 years ago.
Generals flopped, thats why they went back to the old school ways of tiberium sun and red alert... and it looks to me like they've cracked it this time round.

Yorkie
17-Apr-2007, 06:12 PM
Generals flopped, thats why they went back to the old school ways of tiberium sun and red alert... and it looks to me like they've cracked it this time round.

I have to agree with you there, they really have got it right this time Generals just wasn't C&C for me and obviously a lot of other people too but this is fantastic :D

CoinReturn
20-Apr-2007, 08:55 PM
The demo is now up on Xbox Live, downloading now...

EvilNed
21-Apr-2007, 04:16 PM

Generals was pretty succesfull, I think. I liked it. The best C&C since Red Alert, definetly.

slickwilly13
21-Apr-2007, 06:45 PM
The demo is now up on Xbox Live, downloading now...

Thanks. I'll do that as well.

CoinReturn
21-Apr-2007, 08:24 PM
Believe it or not, I actually prefer the controls of the 360 version over its PC counterpart. They have streamlined all the menus, and the control with the analog sticks is precise, you can tell they spent a lot of time perfecting it. Play the tutorials before the mission though, it explains the controls really well.

MinionZombie
21-Apr-2007, 08:47 PM
Just to confirm, is it free to download demos and videos on Xbox Live? Or with the free Silver Membership they give you when you buy one?

I've gotta get my skates on and get my research nailed together as I'm getting one in like a month now, wooooooo! :p

Andy
21-Apr-2007, 08:55 PM
Just to confirm, is it free to download demos and videos on Xbox Live? Or with the free Silver Membership they give you when you buy one?

I've gotta get my skates on and get my research nailed together as I'm getting one in like a month now, wooooooo! :p
Yeah its free to download anything, you only need a gold membership to play games online against other people.

MinionZombie
21-Apr-2007, 09:00 PM
Now what about this disc scratching thing, what's the likelihood of that occurring? The Xbox has been out for a while now, so...what should be done if it occurs...any ways to avoid it possibly happening? Am I just being paranoid, it'll probably be fine?

*ahem* Home Improvement is on, laterz! :)

Andy
21-Apr-2007, 09:08 PM
Now what about this disc scratching thing, what's the likelihood of that occurring? The Xbox has been out for a while now, so...what should be done if it occurs...any ways to avoid it possibly happening? Am I just being paranoid, it'll probably be fine?

*ahem* Home Improvement is on, laterz! :)
Dunno ive had my xbox since november and its never happened to me once lol

capncnut
21-Apr-2007, 11:25 PM
The disc scratching thing is nothing. Happened on my Xbox, happened on my 360. In fact I know three or four people who have told me that it happens to them too. It don't scratch like a razorblade slash, it's just one or two very light marks and some of these even come off with a wipe. Nothing to worry about really.

All you have to do is check the back for overheating thats all, I was playing Tony Hawks yesterday for 10 hours (I know, serious HPotD neglection) and the game started getting a bit slow and kept pausing, felt the back and it was HOTSSS!!! Just make sure you don't play it all day every day and you'll be alright.

CoinReturn
22-Apr-2007, 12:31 AM
Never had a disk get scratched on my system, and its a launch unit.

slickwilly13
22-Apr-2007, 02:57 AM
Damn, it won't let me download it. I need to upgrade to Gold. How's the demo? I did download Gyruss, instead.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 10:25 AM
Ah that's good to know, most likely a slim chance if any. Oh yeah I won't be playing it all day every day (although I say that now :lol:), but I doubt (and kinda hope) I won't have the time to just veg out in front of it all day. And also, if it gets hot, I'll get my trust deskfan out and blow that all over it (do that with my laptop during the summer, it couldn't keep itself cool even if it was in a fridge-freezer!)

Sweetness...now to find some dealios, it comes with it's own warranty for a year right? Do you have to phone up or is it just already there?

Call me obsessive/compulsive if you want, but I like to know the score before I drop my dough on some tech. :)

capncnut
22-Apr-2007, 08:39 PM
You have to call 'em up (number is in the manual) and register it. For a cool 30 notes you can bump up your warranty by another two years... that's if they still do that now.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 09:27 PM
*ARGH! Lost my post!!! :mad:*

I saw the 3 year thing in Argos catalogue, £30.

Is your warranty not applicable if you don't ring up?

Is it a foreign phone-answering crowd, or is it British? I just can't understand the foreign accents for a damn, and is there a load of crap to trail through or is it a simple process? Also, can you upgrade over the phone to the 3 year thingy via your Credit Card?