PDA

View Full Version : Slightly alarming dream! (UPDATED!)

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 08:06 AM
We have the problem of a cat 'spraying' in our kitchen at the moment. There's a cat flap in the outside kitchen door so we're not sure if it's one of our cats, or if another cat is coming in.

In an attempt to resolve this question, I've setup a laptop in the kitchen with a webcam and some motion detection software to try and catch the phantom pee'er!

Anyway, last night was the first night of the monitoring. I left the system running and the kitched light on so the system could get clear video.

In my dreams I saw us watching the footage from the previous night and seeing a couple of clips of the cats moving around the kitchen. Then a couple of clips seemingly where nothing was happening. It became obvious though that in these clips the reason motion was detected was not because there was motion in the kitchen but that the videos showed something just outside the cat flap. moving. We could just see the movement outside in the dark, in the clips.

We continued watching the clips and then in one the cat flap slowly opened, and a hand, and then an arm, started to come through. The arm slowly started moving up the inside the door. It was trying to get up to the key half way up the door near the handle. The arm reached its limit coming through the cat flap. It looked almost human but there was something odd about it. Then it started stetching - the actual arm itself was unaturaly streching - to make up the shortfall to the key. The clip then ended.

Another few clips were recorded seemingly of nothing, but we then noticed that the reason motion had been detected was because of shadows on the kitchen floor from something sizable moving slightly out of shot in the kitchen.

AcesandEights
13-Apr-2007, 08:29 AM
We continued watching the clips and then in one the cat flap slowly opened, and a hand, and then an arm, started to come through. The arm slowly started moving up the inside the door. It was trying to get up to the key half way up the door near the handle. The arm reached its limit coming through the cat flap. It looked almost human but there was something odd about it. Then it started stetching - the actual arm itself was unaturaly streching - to make up the shortfall to the key. The clip then ended.

Another few clips were recorded seemingly of nothing, but we then noticed that the reason motion had been detected was because of shadows on the kitchen floor from something sizable moving slightly out of shot in the kitchen.

That's utterly chilling, one of those dreams that's ten times worse because of what you didn't see! I know that would have made my spine go cold. It's also great inspiration.

EvilNed
13-Apr-2007, 09:00 AM
Duuuude. That is seriously kinda disturbing. If that were in a movie, that would be so scary...

Tricky
13-Apr-2007, 09:30 AM
Eurgh,thats creepy,reminds me of that guy on the X-files,"tooms"
http://www.x-files.gr/images/xfvid_02.jpg

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 10:29 AM
hehe, I was thinking the same thing Tricky.

Damn Neil, that's some creepy-ass stuff. :eek:

Speaking of hard night's sleep, I had a doozy last night, not a dream, just almost choking to death is all! :lol::eek:

It was about 3am this morning, was slightly waking up, I could sense myself waking up a little, then I must have breathed in sharply and then all of a sudden everything's not cool. I panic, leap up in bed, haphazardly grab for my glass of drink beside the bed (all drunk by now - DAMN!), I didn't know what was going on. My brain kicks into gear about a minute later and I'm gagging and choking like the recipient of some Peter North...:eek:

Anyway, I think what happened was some phlegm had ended up in my throat (I'd meant to blow the hooter before bed, but forgot), so - excuse me for getting icky - the phlegm must have slid down the back of my throat and then the sudden inhalation sucked it down the wrong pipe. I could feel it on the way down to my lungs where it kinda got stuck, so I was punching myself in the chest, choking away, coughing and gagging, just desperately trying to hack up this goo that was halfway between my mouth and my lungs, wedged in the pipe.

Gave me a proper scare it did, I don't need that at 3am in the morning. Couldn't breathe properly until a few hours later when it all settled down, now I'm fine, but DAMN ... sh*t me right up. :eek::dead::eek:

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 11:33 AM
Eurgh,thats creepy,reminds me of that guy on the X-files,"tooms"
http://www.x-files.gr/images/xfvid_02.jpg

That's probably in the mix somewhere and is partly to blame!

Kaos
13-Apr-2007, 11:39 AM

Looks like you got a nocturnal visit from Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four.:)

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks like you got a nocturnal visit from Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four.:)

Damn!! Tonight I'll go for a nocturnal visit from Jessica Alba then!!

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 11:52 AM
Damn!! Tonight I'll go for a nocturnal visit from Jessica Alba then!!
Oh hell yeah!

And Neil, if I have a dream about a stretchy armed shadow man creeping in my door then I'm gonna bop you on the schnozz what for! :lol:

Bongholio
13-Apr-2007, 02:37 PM
where do I get a "shadow detector" at?
lol

capncnut
13-Apr-2007, 03:31 PM
Nice story Neil, now you got me in the mood for a bit of paranormal site searching. :D

bassman
13-Apr-2007, 03:53 PM
That's pretty creepy. Thankfully I very rarely remember my dreams.

MikePizzoff
13-Apr-2007, 05:07 PM
Damn, that's a terrifying dream, Neil. You don't really keep a key to your door near your door, do you? That's a terrible idea; move it somewhere else.

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 06:54 PM
Damn, that's a terrifying dream, Neil. You don't really keep a key to your door near your door, do you? That's a terrible idea; move it somewhere else.

The key to the kitchen door (to outside) is in the door :) That's where the hand was heading for...

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 07:42 PM
The key to the kitchen door (to outside) is in the door :) That's where the hand was heading for...
But is it in real life?

*evil plan accompanied by equally devilish grin*

*concocts plan to creep up to Neil's house and do "the arm" thing* :elol::evil:

Neil
13-Apr-2007, 08:13 PM
OMFG! OMFG!

Warning the videos in the following message are between one and two meg big!

As I said in my first post we have a cat spraying in our kitchen. I've been blaming our male cat who is ill, and I thought it was him doing it in his ill state of mind.

Anyway, I set up the motion detection stuff last night and left the kitchen light on, and also left on old shirt near the cat flap as the spraying seems to be more likely on objects/fabrics. So I left it there as bait.

So I went thru the footage this evening... It's caught a neighbour's cat coming in:-
www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ2.wmv
The cat you see coming in is NOT ours!

In the next clip (2 minutes after the previous one) is the cat finishing eating... And then look at what he does near the shirt!
www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ3.wmv
The second cat you see is ours!

The area you see the cat 'squatting' near definately smelled somewhat this morning, but I wasn't entirey sure... until I saw that footage!

So this is great! We now know the neighbours cat is to blame... and necks can be rung!

HOWEVER... Given my original message I must admit I'm also rather freaked now!!!

Look at the motion that kicked off this video (in the first couple of seconds):-
www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ4.wmv

I am NOT NOT happy!!!

ps: Please do not pass these links on to others! I do NOT want the server swamped!

Yorkie
13-Apr-2007, 08:54 PM
That dream was very worrying I am really wishing I had never read it now and I don't even have a cat or a catflap :(

I bet that first couple of seconds was a moth or something like that, hopefully anyway :eek:

One of my colleagues has a cat flap for her cats and they have special collars that they wear I don't know how it works but the flap only lets her cats in, it might be an idea to invest :)

MinionZombie
13-Apr-2007, 11:01 PM
My vote's on a moth for the last clip...:p

Mind you, the thought of someone else's cat snooping around your house in the middle of the night, that freaks me out ... but I'm not much of a cat person as it is...can't be doing with them, they're too arsy...they don't like me that much either...now dogs, they're nice and now their place and respect humans ... ergo, I respect dogs. :)

If I have a dream about something to do with this, which is entirely possible as I've just had some OJ, I'm totally gonna come to your house Neil, and fudge you up! :lol:

Debbieangel
14-Apr-2007, 12:31 AM
Neil, I have a couple of questions for you...first, Is your cat female or male?
The cat that came to your house that sprayed was marking his territory when he left ..as if to say" this is mine and nobody better come and try to take anything or there will be trouble". If you have a female cat that probably is what attracted him in the first place to your home? If your cat is male then he is trying to take over your cats space!
Oh, 2nd question..Is your cat if female in heat? that would attract the male cat there for sure and spraying is also saying this is his territory!
It looks like you have a little problem on your hands!
I have alot of animals this is how I know about this lol! I used to have cats!
Some might say I have small petting zoo right now! lol:)

capncnut
14-Apr-2007, 03:23 AM
I'd wait for the bugger at night and chuck a bucket of water at the little git. The last clip was definitely a moth or something similar.

Neil
14-Apr-2007, 09:58 AM
Neil, I have a couple of questions for you...first, Is your cat female or male?
The cat that came to your house that sprayed was marking his territory when he left ..as if to say" this is mine and nobody better come and try to take anything or there will be trouble". If you have a female cat that probably is what attracted him in the first place to your home? If your cat is male then he is trying to take over your cats space!
Oh, 2nd question..Is your cat if female in heat? that would attract the male cat there for sure and spraying is also saying this is his territory!
It looks like you have a little problem on your hands!
I have alot of animals this is how I know about this lol! I used to have cats!
Some might say I have small petting zoo right now! lol:)

The cat you saw of ours is female, but we have a male one as well...

My vote's on a moth for the last clip...:p

That is NOT a moth... We have three big spot lights in the kitchen so to cast a shadow like that it means something substantial!!! The only way I could recreate it was to wave my arms around in the middle of the kitchen :(

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2007, 10:34 AM
Maybe you sleep walk, or perhaps your missus?

Either that or one of the "l'il nuggets" can fly when you're not looking...it's entirely possible! :)

Speaking of dreams and such, I didn't have one about a scary-ass arm reaching in my door, but I did have one about going to a festival occupied by mainly Germans who didn't like me one bit. I was parked in a field in my Mum's car, and some nutter chainsawed a chunk out of the rear bumper around the license plate. I went off on him and said "f*ck this, I'm going home" ... but apparently going home was against the 'vibe' of the place, so you were kinda trapped. Nevertheless I hurriedly escaped the field of Germans - now carrying the lifesize chainsawed chunk of bumper, and also carrying my Mum's car, which was now about the size of a book bag.

I get to the main area, which looks a bit like my old University campus, I meet some of my friends, although they can't remember who I am, one of them does, but he becomes a total dick after I say "f*ck this sh*t, I'm off home". Right at that time, there's a trio of Cylon-looking mofos, robot guards or something that keep emitting this sound of doom and dread, a mechanical kinda noise that just repeats over and over and over at the same tempo...anyway, my apparent mate alerts them to my seeking to escape this crappy festival (where nothing seems to be happening aside from everyone hating me :eek:), he says "hahaha, you'll never outrun them!!", I peg it down this sloping runway thing between two buildings, run down an alley, run up some stairs with them on my ass somewhere back a bit and then I wake up...:eek:

Wazat all about?!

Chic Freak
14-Apr-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd wait for the bugger at night and chuck a bucket of water at the little git.

I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.

axlish
14-Apr-2007, 11:28 AM
That is NOT a moth... We have three big spot lights in the kitchen so to cast a shadow like that it means something substantial!!! The only way I could recreate it was to wave my arms around in the middle of the kitchen :(

My guess is a power surge/light flicker. The cat should have reacted to something large moving around, no?

Debbieangel
14-Apr-2007, 03:25 PM
The cat you saw of ours is female, but we have a male one as well...

My point exactly the cat that is coming in your house is trying to take over dominance, he is telling your male cat this is MY territory and is calling him out on it!
I have male dogs and female dogs and there was a power struggle between this two of the eldest dogs..we got rid of the oldest dog and now the dogs live ina somewhat peace!
The problem you are having is that neighbor cat thinks he is coming in your house and taking over thats why he is spraying!
The solutions I can think of is at night close your catflap(door)which I know prohibits your cats from going out to do their business.
The next one if you know the owner of the cat show them the vid and just maybe they will keep him in at night.
Because you have a female and it is Spring that is why he is coming around if she isnt in heat she soon will be and neighborhood cats can smell it a mile away!
Just so ya know I am no expert I have cats,dogs and other animals and watched their mannerisms through the years.

We just had a bizarre experience happen a few days ago get this:
We have this cat(which really is a stray that attached herself to our home outside,we feed her) she was pregnant and we had this really cold weather here. I knew from experience she would have kittens soon, well, I thought it would happen later last week but anyway, I went out to check on her and she had just had the kittens on the porch in the box.
Like I said very cold outside...2 kittens were dead...so I bundled the other 4 up and the mother cat and brought them in the house.
Everything was fine, the kittens were feeding, everything normal. I also have dogs.
Well, we cut a box and put a comfy old rob in it for her and kittens then I thought she might get nervous being in the house with dogs and us so I put her in bathroom alone with kittens.
Everything was fine, we kept checking on her, we left door cracked, then hubby went in to check on her and kittens and she had killed them, they were all wet. We dont know why...I know its nature but, those kittens were normal as can be and she was bonding with them and protecting them and letting them feed..why would she kill them?

Terran
14-Apr-2007, 03:50 PM
[SIZE="7"]
Look at the motion that kicked off this video (in the first couple of seconds):-
www.homepageofthedead.com/CAMWIZ4.wmv

I am NOT NOT happy!!!

ps: Please do not pass these links on to others! I do NOT want the server swamped!

I think its another cat.....I think you can see its reflection in the door window....

Neil
14-Apr-2007, 04:40 PM
My point exactly the cat that is coming in your house is trying to take over dominance, he is telling your male cat this is MY territory and is calling him out on it!
I have male dogs and female dogs and there was a power struggle between this two of the eldest dogs..we got rid of the oldest dog and now the dogs live ina somewhat peace!
The problem you are having is that neighbor cat thinks he is coming in your house and taking over thats why he is spraying!
The solutions I can think of is at night close your catflap(door)which I know prohibits your cats from going out to do their business.
The next one if you know the owner of the cat show them the vid and just maybe they will keep him in at night.
Because you have a female and it is Spring that is why he is coming around if she isnt in heat she soon will be and neighborhood cats can smell it a mile away!
Just so ya know I am no expert I have cats,dogs and other animals and watched their mannerisms through the years.

We just had a bizarre experience happen a few days ago get this:
We have this cat(which really is a stray that attached herself to our home outside,we feed her) she was pregnant and we had this really cold weather here. I knew from experience she would have kittens soon, well, I thought it would happen later last week but anyway, I went out to check on her and she had just had the kittens on the porch in the box.
Like I said very cold outside...2 kittens were dead...so I bundled the other 4 up and the mother cat and brought them in the house.
Everything was fine, the kittens were feeding, everything normal. I also have dogs.
Well, we cut a box and put a comfy old rob in it for her and kittens then I thought she might get nervous being in the house with dogs and us so I put her in bathroom alone with kittens.
Everything was fine, we kept checking on her, we left door cracked, then hubby went in to check on her and kittens and she had killed them, they were all wet. We dont know why...I know its nature but, those kittens were normal as can be and she was bonding with them and protecting them and letting them feed..why would she kill them?

Both our cats have been 'done'...

I'm continuing with the camera in the kitchen to try and identify the exact cat... Once done I'll find the owners and see if it has been 'done' and if/what sort of collar it has - So we can get a magnetic/electronic one etc...

I think its another cat.....I think you can see its reflection in the door window....

Definately not! It was actually my other half up in the night :) I was just joshing with you lot :)

capncnut
14-Apr-2007, 04:52 PM
You should get a job with Most Haunted, they do a lot of 'joshing'. :lol:

slickwilly13
14-Apr-2007, 05:41 PM
You need a good watch cat.

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2007, 06:19 PM
Tape that sumbitch shut, bring your cat in and make it stay the night, the fussy bugger, treatin' the gaff like it's own personal hotel...sheesh! Another reason I can't be doing with cats. :sneaky:

Yorkie
14-Apr-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.

Yeah it is funny, but they don't stay away :(

Definately not! It was actually my other half up in the night :) I was just joshing with you lot :)

That's just mean, some of us have nightmares really easily you know :confused:

Debbieangel
14-Apr-2007, 08:39 PM
Both our cats have been 'done'...

I'm continuing with the camera in the kitchen to try and identify the exact cat... Once done I'll find the owners and see if it has been 'done' and if/what sort of collar it has - So we can get a magnetic/electronic one etc...

Ok, they both have been 'done' still that darn cat is trying to take over your house ...the spray is the territory thing that male cats do..sorry if I am sounding like a "know it all" we had male cats spraying at our house and it is soo darn annoying! I can understand what you are going through although it was my own cats I had to deal with and not some neighbors.
OOh one thing for clean up in case you dont know this ,dont use ammonia, it attracts cats to same area and they will do spray again...I learned that lesson the hard way!lol
I have one more idea hmm its gonna sound goofy and if you can pull it off it might work if you want to try it? Here goes: Take a spray bottle with water in it, stay up in hiding then spray it with the water...you know cats hate getting sprayed with water maybe if you try that a couple of times he will get the idea and stay away?
I hope this idea helps?

[QUOTE=Chic Freak;80922]I agree, that would put him off coming back. A water pistol also works wonders for keeping unwanted cats off your property. It's cruelty-free, does the trick and plus it's kinda funny.

LOL I didnt see your post before I wrote mine LOL

HEY NEIL...if water dont work ..try some vinegar it will sting like crazy but wont hurt the cat. You dont have to put it full strength just alittle bit so the cat gets the idea you dont want him around.;)

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2007, 10:08 PM
Oooooh! That Neil is a slippery bugger, playin' his pranks...*shakes fist*

GET OFF MY LAWN, YA DAMN KIDS!!!

Neil
15-Apr-2007, 06:18 AM
Here goes: Take a spray bottle with water in it, stay up in hiding then spray it with the water...you know cats hate getting sprayed with water maybe if you try that a couple of times he will get the idea and stay away?

It doesn't happen every night, and the last time it happened it was 5am in the morning... I can't stay up night after night incase :(

I continuing with the camera at a better angle, closer to the cat flag, to get a better shot of the cat in question. Once we identify it we'll chat to the owners. If for example it works out he doesn't have a magnetic collar, then we could get one etc...

I don't want to buy a magnetic cap flag only to find he has a magnetic collar so can still come in :confused:

ps: He hasn't come for the past two nights...

capncnut
15-Apr-2007, 04:22 PM
Be vigilent for flea carriers.

Some rotten ginger moggy gave my cat fleas when they played together in the back garden once. Couldn't get rid of em for 2 months... flea collars... sprays... nothing worked against this hardcore species of superflea. Eventually bought a combo of carpet powder, the most expensive spray (£15 a can) and some drops you had to put on the cats neck - many times a day - and after about another month of keeping the cat inside (a difficult task in itself) they finally went. F**king HATE them! :mad: