PDA

View Full Version : I just saw....

joeharley666
15-Apr-2007, 04:11 PM
Grindhouse with the zombie flick Planet Terror being 1 of the flicks. I'm surprised I didn't see a discussion here about it.

Anyway, it was Terrible! Way over the top infected mayhem which just did not make any sense. Reminded me of the "Return" movies.

What the hell was Rodriquez thinking:confused: with this pile of masturbation? And this was supposed to be his homage to George?Pleeeaaase.

If you are not going to produce a serious zombie fick, then at east make it along the lines of say "shawn of the dead".

I wish I had those 2 hours back.:mad:

jim102016
15-Apr-2007, 04:34 PM
Grindhouse with the zombie flick Planet Terror being 1 of the flicks. I'm surprised I didn't see a discussion here about it.

Anyway, it was Terrible! Way over the top infected mayhem which just did not make any sense. Reminded me of the "Return" movies.

What the hell was Rodriquez thinking:confused: with this pile of masturbation? And this was supposed to be his homage to George?Pleeeaaase.

If you are not going to produce a serious zombie fick, then at east make it along the lines of say "shawn of the dead".

Was it supposed to be a tribute to GAR? I saw it last night, wasn't real impressed either. I did like the previews in between the movies he put together though, something about she-wolve Nazis and an illegal mexican hitman hired to kill the president made me laugh like hell.

For you guys thinking about seeing it, keep your money and steal a DVD from Walmart when it comes out........

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2007, 05:07 PM
Grindhouse is being discussed in the Media Discussion forum.

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2007, 10:44 PM
Just wanted to add, after some brief confusion, I've re-opened this thread so that it can be used to specifically discuss Rodriguez's segment of Grindhouse - "Planet Terror" - in the context of it being a zombie film. :)

General chit-chat about Grindhouse itself can be found in the Media Discussion forum, but for those looking to talk specifics when it comes to "Planet Terror" - here ya go! :cool:

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 11:06 PM
uh dude, its a homage to the era of grindhouse exploitation films, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEESY!, kinda missed the point of the whole thing thee ,huh?

joeharley666
17-Apr-2007, 09:46 AM
I actually did not miss the point of the film. I remember when 70 movies oozed some cheese....but this flick actually sucked balls! no tension build-up whatsoever and characters way over the top.

For myself personally, I have seen enough of his movies to say I would never give his **** another viewing. That's all this guy knows how to make, same **** over and over and over again.

It may have entertained the MTV generation, but as you can see it will last another week or so and then die a very quick death at the box office.

bassman
17-Apr-2007, 01:39 PM
For myself personally, I have seen enough of his movies to say I would never give his **** another viewing. That's all this guy knows how to make, same **** over and over and over again.

Same sh*t over and over? So I guess "Spy Kids" is similar to "El Mariachi"? In that case, "Sin City" is similar to his segment of "Four Rooms"?:rolleyes:

Both films in "Grindhouse" aren't meant to be something deep and meaningful. It's meant to be basic entertainment. It's over the top....just as it was meant to be. And it's great if you ask me. I found myself with a huge smile or laughter throughout the entire thing. This is coming from a guy that loathes "Return of the Living Dead", by the way.

And where you got the idea that it's an homage to Romero is beyond me. He's a fan of Romero's films but he never stated that "Planet Terror" was a tribute to him.

And you're right about it dying at the box office. So if it's dropping in the box office, why are you calling it a film for the MTV generation? If that were the case, it would be doing better because about 80-90% of audiences today ARE the MTV generation. I mean, the 22nd Ice Cube movie witht he same premise was number one, for f*ck's sake. THAT is an MTV generation movie.

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 11:23 PM
Same sh*t over and over? So I guess "Spy Kids" is similar to "El Mariachi"? In that case, "Sin City" is similar to his segment of "Four Rooms"?:rolleyes:
You forgot Roadracers mofo! :cool:

That's one thing I love about Rodriguez, he doesn't churn out the same s**t repeatedly. Even Desperado and Once Upon A Time In Mexico were completely different in their own way. Okay, most of his movies are crime/action orientated (even Spy Kids - which is a great flick btw :D) but I think he turns the heat up each time. I thought Sin City was awesome and I now await Planet Terror with bed-wetting excitement. I know the f**ker wont let me down.

DEAD BEAT
20-Apr-2007, 03:43 PM

"I HEARD IT WAS 3 HOURS!"
:D

CSZ
20-Apr-2007, 04:09 PM
you think it was a zombie film? I don't remember anyone dieing and coming back to life...If they wear dead then why wold they be looking for a cure? And why no rotting flesh when they wear inhaling the gas to stop the mutation? To me it was clear that it was some crazy mutation..anyway it was fun! gore and explosions and classic cheesy lines..!! BTW DONT DONT DONT

Mutineer
20-Apr-2007, 06:28 PM
Reminded me of the "Return" movies.

The original Return of the Living Dead is my all time favorite zombie film!

- Planet Terror

I loved it and found it RR's most inspiring work to date (as far as Mis En Scene goes anyways)

Although not a true ZOMBIE film it still felt like one, just like Night of the Creeps, Slither and 28 Days Later have similiar vibes. It had some nice gore, some good laughs and some great action

What is better than seeing Michael Biehn again ? Marley Shelton is ****ing hot in this. Josh Brolin plays a bad ass dick of a doctor and Rose is surprisingly good in her role.

I cracked up when suddenly their BBQ place was on fire with the missing reel. I loved when they were driing and the 'zombies' were dragging the chick (Fergie) off the road and into the dark

I loved it. I was inspired and I'll definatley buy it.

I would think everyone knows exactly what to expect going into this film so why bother going if that is not what you're looking for ?

Dawg
20-Apr-2007, 07:11 PM
The following post is NOT directed at any specific person or persons:

Why the f**k does a movie always have to be some f**king 'Citizen Kane' for anyone to watch it nowadays?! :mad:

I am sick and tired of whiny @$$es blasted this $hit left and right. Okay, it is your opinion, but God-Damn, what the flying f**k do you want?!! :mad: :mad:

Grindhouse/Planet Terror/Death Proof were constructed to be stupid, cheesy, corny @$$ homages to the era of Grindhouses/Drive-In movies. Honestly, did you think this trash was going to earn an Oscar?!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is ENTERTAINMENT, a popcorn movie to blow away the afternoon on, nothing more. You didn't expect this before walking in and propping your @$$ down in the chair? Jesus, stick to watching Star Trek or Star Wars, which ever nerd you may be. (BTW- I guess I'm both, I like both of them.)

Also, they said they had to split the movies because people were saying it was TOO long, yet 'Lord of the Rings' did Box Office Gold? WTF?!! I guess the geeks can't stand a little foul language and gore.

There were probably some lame @$$ middle-age farts in there too. I remember sitting through Sin City and an older couple left disgusted after Mickey Rouke cut off Whats-his-face's head.

Classic.

:dead: Dawg

DEAD BEAT
20-Apr-2007, 08:42 PM
The following post is NOT directed at any specific person or persons:

Why the f**k does a movie always have to be some f**king 'Citizen Kane' for anyone to watch it nowadays?! :mad:

I am sick and tired of whiny @$$es blasted this $hit left and right. Okay, it is your opinion, but God-Damn, what the flying f**k do you want?!! :mad: :mad:

Grindhouse/Planet Terror/Death Proof were constructed to be stupid, cheesy, corny @$$ homages to the era of Grindhouses/Drive-In movies. Honestly, did you think this trash was going to earn an Oscar?!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is ENTERTAINMENT, a popcorn movie to blow away the afternoon on, nothing more. You didn't expect this before walking in and propping your @$$ down in the chair? Jesus, stick to watching Star Trek or Star Wars, which ever nerd you may be. (BTW- I guess I'm both, I like both of them.)

Also, they said they had to split the movies because people were saying it was TOO long, yet 'Lord of the Rings' did Box Office Gold? WTF?!! I guess the geeks can't stand a little foul language and gore.

There were probably some lame @$$ middle-age farts in there too. I remember sitting through Sin City and an older couple left disgusted after Mickey Rouke cut off Whats-his-face's head.

Classic.

:dead: Dawg

I think its because people have wasted lots of money due to good promotion bad script!

Speaking for myself i guess i can't blame anyone but myself nobody twisted my arm to buy or see any of this shiiiit!

I can't speak for everyone but one of my biggest faults is that i keep expecting someone to top the original Dawn of the Dead,i think just because it had such a impact on me that you want more like that.

Maybe someone else feels that way about Night,Day or even the Return movies and it seems to have did a complete flip as to where in the olds a good movie had bad promotion so you discovered it after it peaked but now promtion has gotten better even for movies that belong in the garbage!

So people are sick of these corporate fuuucks feeding off their expectations for a great movie and its even more disgusting when they use a great name as a remake just to get you to watch a big steaming pile shiiit of a movie! "FUUUUCK THOSE ASSSHOLES"!!!!
:mad:

CSZ
20-Apr-2007, 11:15 PM
What dose anything you said have to do with grindhouse? Did I miss somthing?

Mutineer
21-Apr-2007, 12:22 AM
I think the angy young man thought he was going to like GH better than he did and is pissed that the ZOMBIE one from RR was a let down (to him) and he wants his mom's money back.

Again, how he expected anything more than he did is a mystery.

Cody
21-Apr-2007, 07:33 AM
i donr even wanr to see the movie its got all kinda bad cheese written all ova it

dirtydwarf
24-Apr-2007, 05:59 PM
I will see it, and love it or hate it I will gourge myself on buttery flavored goodness and icy cola and manage to have a good time either way.