PDA

View Full Version : Fulci's Zombie? spoilers

MissJacksonCA
15-Apr-2007, 11:01 PM
I never saw this movie before but I saw a lot of people post it on here a couple of years ago and I looked for it at Blockbuster and Best Buy and Monster but none of them had it finnaly I join Netflix and hoooyaaa they had it and I just watched it. I think it was Fulci's Zombie the DVD said Zombi 2 on it from but yeah... if you haven't seen it you muuuuuust its fuggin awesome. I dont care much for the whole voodoo aspect of it but what I liked about it was usually you dont see a whole lot of zombies in a movie that are half eaten and in this one there's a good lot of it. I especially enjoyed the underwater zombie I mean how terrifying would that be. And of course the creme de la creme of all scenes being when the doctors wife bites it. Good stuff.

But yes i'm curious is this the first one and I saw that there's a Zombie 3 by the same man but is there any more by him?

Kaos
16-Apr-2007, 02:21 AM
The eye scene does make me a bit squeamish. :eek:

DeadJonas190
16-Apr-2007, 03:55 AM
Zombie 2 is Zombie. Zombie 3, 4 and 5 are all horrible, avoid them like a zombie plague.

capncnut
16-Apr-2007, 03:18 PM
Zombie 3 is just about acceptable. 4-5 are just plain old crap. :dead:

MissJacksonCA
16-Apr-2007, 07:46 PM
grrr i hate movies that dont go in proper order like the star wars movies not like reservoir dogs why can't they just make it simple

Andy
16-Apr-2007, 08:22 PM
grrr i hate movies that dont go in proper order like the star wars movies not like reservoir dogs why can't they just make it simple

The reason is that when Lucio Fulci's "Zombi 2" was released, it was an unofficial sequel to dawn of the dead, although the story is completely unrelated and has nothing to do with dawn, in italy, dawn was called "Zombi".

Fulci's film which you americans have come to know as "Zombi" is the italian "Zombi 2", there was never a zombi 1 becuase in europe that is dawn...

"Zombi 3" was released in italy as the sequel to "Zombi 2", it was also released in america as "Zombi 3", im not sure the exact reason tbh BUT i know all future sequels were numbered correctly.. so, the correct timeline is:

Dawn of the Dead
Zombi
Zombi 3
Zombi 4
Zombi 5

We english avoided this whole iceberg of a timeline by renaming "Zombi 2" to "Zombie Flesh Eaters" and "Zombi 3" to "Zombie Flesh Eaters 2" and so on, so we have the same films but numbered very differently.

Hope that helps cuz im gonna go lie down now as my head hurts lol.

slickwilly13
16-Apr-2007, 09:20 PM
Avoid Zombi 3 like the plague. Its a sh!tty movie and I feel sorry for Fulci even having his name on it. The movie was completed by 2 or more directors. I think Fulci was ill or something and could not complete the movie. Even a bag of hydro green couldn't save this movie for me back when I saw it years ago. I wouldn't even let my friends watch it with me. Because I wouldn't be a friend if I did.

Danny
16-Apr-2007, 10:16 PM
geez, more than 1 director finishing it?, i think, know i know if i was making a movie id be way overprotective adn if someone suggested that id probably flip out and say "stay the **** away from my movie":lol:

MoonSylver
16-Apr-2007, 11:20 PM
Avoid Zombi 3 like the plague. Its a sh!tty movie and I feel sorry for Fulci even having his name on it. The movie was completed by 2 or more directors. I think Fulci was ill or something and could not complete the movie.

You are correct. Fulci was indeed becoming more & more ill by this era in his life & could not finish the movie. The lions share of the movie was done by Bruno "Hell of the Living Dead" Matti. Shame he dropped the ball here, as HotLD was a modertly fun film (if you like Italian zombie flicks), but this one did indeed suck.

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 10:52 PM
We english avoided this whole iceberg of a timeline by renaming "Zombi 2" to "Zombie Flesh Eaters" and "Zombi 3" to "Zombie Flesh Eaters 2" and so on, so we have the same films but numbered very differently.
And rightly so 'cos that distances the whole Zombie Flesh Eaters franchise from Zombi's. I mean Dawn's... okay now my head hurts. :lol:

coma
17-Apr-2007, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't even let my friends watch it with me. Because I wouldn't be a friend if I did.
Hahaha!
Very true
Friends dont let friends watch Zombie 3

triste realtà
17-Apr-2007, 11:51 PM
Well, since I got Zombie Pack 1 earlier this year I will divulge all the knowledge I have aquired through said oracle of zombie packages. Zombi 3 is 60% Fulci's and 40% Mattei's. When Fulci's movie was edited together, they found it to be too short of a film so they asked Mattei to "finish" it. I think he was down there already doing something else. His parts are the ones about the military handling the outbreak, I think. And maybe the DJ Blue Heart part. I liked it but Shriek Show transferred all the extremely gory shots from a video source and it looks like **** but the rest of the film looks pretty good. Zombi 3 is not as good as Zombi 2 but is not as bad as Zombi 4 and 5.

yFUOryRKwvE

Yojimbo
19-Apr-2007, 01:00 AM
On this subject, I remember years ago watching one of the badly dubbed Zombi (that is Euro Dawn of the Dead) inspired Italian zombie films that actually featured Goblin's Dawn of the Dead/Zombi soundtrack in it. That is to say that the music in the movie was the same that had been used in Zombi (DOTD Euro Release-- which is essentially DOTD without GAR's DeWolfe Library needle drops) The movie even had a quasi euro "swat" team with a Roger like dude that gets killed in the movie because he too loses his cool. It appeared as if it was released in order to fool folks into thinking that it was a legit DOTD (or, rather Zombi) sequel. (My head is beginning to hurt too)

More identifiers: There was a sequence where a swat guy sees this old lady's corpse sitting in a rocking chair, when suddenly a cat jumps out of a large gash in the corpse's abdomen. Also, there was a sequence supposedly in africa where the lead female of the group strips down so that she will be accepted by the "savage natives" as one of their own(I'm not kidding!)

Does anyone know the title of this film that I saw? It was stupid and cheesy, but I have been looking for this film ever since I saw it back in the day and cannot seem to locate it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

MissJacksonCA
19-Apr-2007, 05:41 AM
Okay I just saw Zombi 3 i'm not sure if it was the nearly 8 cups of coffee i've had throughout the day or the really bad cooking expirament I engaged in tonite but I was actually scared by the movie here and there though it was a waste of one hour and thirty five minutes of my life. I didn't dig how the zombies were killing people before eating them half of the time. And how the zombies were smart and were like hiding. The inconsistencies were a little silly. But it was okay. I'm not going to buy it thats for sure but ehhh...

Shadowofthedead
19-Apr-2007, 07:49 AM
i enjoyed zombi 2-4 yes major cheese in most but they are zombies non the less... and besides i get off to zombies in general (no sexual pun intended). so dont diss the movies just respect them for what they are and the tards that made them... im a nondenominational zombie lover:elol:

Klaang
19-Apr-2007, 06:11 PM
On this subject, I remember years ago watching one of the badly dubbed Zombi (that is Euro Dawn of the Dead) inspired Italian zombie films that actually featured Goblin's Dawn of the Dead/Zombi soundtrack in it. That is to say that the music in the movie was the same that had been used in Zombi (DOTD Euro Release-- which is essentially DOTD without GAR's DeWolfe Library needle drops) The movie even had a quasi euro "swat" team with a Roger like dude that gets killed in the movie because he too loses his cool. It appeared as if it was released in order to fool folks into thinking that it was a legit DOTD (or, rather Zombi) sequel. (My head is beginning to hurt too)

More identifiers: There was a sequence where a swat guy sees this old lady's corpse sitting in a rocking chair, when suddenly a cat jumps out of a large gash in the corpse's abdomen. Also, there was a sequence supposedly in africa where the lead female of the group strips down so that she will be accepted by the "savage natives" as one of their own(I'm not kidding!)

Does anyone know the title of this film that I saw? It was stupid and cheesy, but I have been looking for this film ever since I saw it back in the day and cannot seem to locate it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I think you are referring to Hell of the Living dead AKA Zombie Creeping Flesh. Hope that helps.

-Klaang

Bongholio
20-Apr-2007, 02:10 PM
Shreik Show
Violence In a Womans Prison
lol

Cody
21-Apr-2007, 07:37 AM
Its just a all around kick ass movie. That movie always sucks in people I show it to to start liking "older" horrors.

MissJacksonCA
21-Apr-2007, 09:46 PM
I think i may well buy zombie 3 it was actually worth watching again even if its not as highly appreciated as other zombie movies. Like everyone seems to hate Return of the Living Dead but I thought those movies were funny. Especially in part 3 when they're all in the docs car trying to start it up and he's trying to remember the name of the zombie waiting to attack them... its just so cute!

Andy
21-Apr-2007, 09:58 PM
Especially in part 3 when they're all in the docs car trying to start it up and he's trying to remember the name of the zombie waiting to attack them... its just so cute!

Thats part 2 :p

ROTLD 1 & 2 are sound movies, i love both of them.. 3 onwards is crap in movie form..

And thanks for the acknowlegement of my long and accurate explanition of the numbering of the Zombi movies :p

MissJacksonCA
21-Apr-2007, 10:03 PM
I had no idea that zombi was Italian for Dawn and a friend of mine speaks Italian and now I try to tie in that word all the time I talk to him its driving him crazy... 'i stayed up til zombi... i hate watching a zombi' he keeps saying i'm using it improperly but i feel its the principle...

I didn't notice much difference between the direction of the beginning of the movie which fulci is said to have directed from the latter part of the film. It started off campy and ended in much the same manner. I'm hoping netflix has zombie 4 and 5 because they may be fun to watch too. Thats what some zombie movies are... fun to watch, not scary but fun. Mostly I enjoy horror flicks that are fun AND scary but ehhh i'll take what I can get.

triste realtà
21-Apr-2007, 11:24 PM
OK but don't pay over $7 for it. Try to find the Zombie Pack for around $12 if you want to see 4 and 5, too. Shriek Shows tranfers aren't the best and that makes me want to buy the Japan release to get a quality version of 3. I also want the soundtrack, which is expensive and has the cheesy rock tunes :barf: and not the theme that plays during the root menu (the best). Also, the menu for 3 is a contender for the best root menus thread. I had problems telling the Fulci from the Mattei footage, too. I just read Mattei did the entire beginning and end and the scientific team meeting with the army team parts. I think Zombi is Italian for zombie (in fact, I'm sure of it). I just watched this again the other night because of this thread. Good makeup and effects but Phillipino zombies are all dressed the same and can become ninja zombies without warning, which kinda sucks. That's what you get with Zombie 4.

MissJacksonCA
22-Apr-2007, 12:30 AM
Lately i've been buying stuff like mad online but when I add shipping into it its not always a deal but check out overstock.com anything they ship is just under 3 bucks for everything you buy from then I bought 3rd rock from the sun from them they had the cheapest price and with the shipping it was truly a sweet deal. I'll try to find that zombi pack i've been looking for that and then versions of the LTD movies all packed together with the best possible features and extended scenes but it seems like a hard find. There's American versions and European ones... I dont get it

ngm231
23-Apr-2007, 03:41 PM
just picked it up on saturday, watched it and loved it. the whole eye scene was awsome as well as the part where the zombie gets his head squished the cross by the reporter.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 01:51 AM
It was o.k. I tends to drag though. that wood splinter through the eye is indeed the stuff of legend. Every zombie fan i know raves about that part. You could pretty much start the movie from there and enjoy. :D

MissJacksonCA
27-Jun-2007, 01:55 AM
I really loved it start to finish and thought it was super dooper... but the best part was like when they walked into the surgeons house and there were tons of them feasting on the wifey... and you see her entrails here... some there... and generally everywhere... sooo cool...

It did drag on for a few ticks every now and then but it didn't bother me to the point where i'd ever fast forward... the part that didn't make sense though was at the end when they were trying to hide in those rinky-dinky doctor huts... and then they began to toast the Russians with some molotov cocktails... I mean is it wise to burn down that which you are seeking shelter and safety in? I think not!

The music was also awesome too it was almost like a tropical heartbeat and then when the music stops uh oh lookout!

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 02:05 AM
I really loved it start to finish and thought it was super dooper... but the best part was like when they walked into the surgeons house and there were tons of them feasting on the wifey... and you see her entrails here... some there... and generally everywhere... sooo cool...

It did drag on for a few ticks every now and then but it didn't bother me to the point where i'd ever fast forward... the part that didn't make sense though was at the end when they were trying to hide in those rinky-dinky doctor huts... and then they began to toast the Russians with some molotov cocktails... I mean is it wise to burn down that which you are seeking shelter and safety in? I think not!

The music was also awesome too it was almost like a tropical heartbeat and then when the music stops uh oh lookout!

That movie definitely freaked me out when i was a kid. I wouldn't go to the park for months for fear that some zombies would come up out of the ground. I'm just now able to go on picnics again.

MissJacksonCA
27-Jun-2007, 02:14 AM
Great for you because now when i'm diving i'm scurred of sharks AND waterlogged zombies...

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 02:18 AM
Great for you because now when i'm diving i'm scurred of sharks AND waterlogged zombies...

What do you drive, a submarine? :D

MissJacksonCA
27-Jun-2007, 02:20 AM
diving... an act where one goes underwater possibly with scuba equipment in search of sea life and zombies...

you dont get out much do you?

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 02:21 AM
diving... an act where one goes underwater possibly with scuba equipment in search of sea life and zombies...

you dont get out much do you?

lol. oops. :o Nah, don't like people much. They're annoying.

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 04:34 PM
I watched Zombi2 so many years ago that I can barely remember it. I do remember a boat scene, I also remember that was as far as I got. I didn't find it interesting enough, so I shut it off, watched Dawn of the Dead and then returned Zombi2 to the video store, but it still seems to be a classic for the die hard horror fans. Just not me

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 06:30 PM
How could you not remember the part on the boat!?! The chick in the g string is classic!! The best part of the film.

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 06:53 PM
Heck! I was only ten when I saw Zombi2, what did I know about chicks back then:confused: :eek:

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 07:32 PM
lol. That's true. I thought chicks were "yucky" then as well. In any case now would be a perfect time for you to "rediscover" that scene. Just oil up that slow button on your remote. :D

RustyHicks
27-Jun-2007, 10:39 PM
lol...Advice taken. Now you got me curious lol