PDA

View Full Version : My Name Is Bruce

zombie04
17-Apr-2007, 01:44 AM
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=27535

After hearing about this movie for what seems like three years, I'm so happy this is actually going to see the light of day. I think we can all agree that badass Bruce playing himself fighting demons is the kind of movie that will not earn $300 million but is 150 times better than most other movies that do.

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2007, 09:31 AM
I was reading about it last night that they're doing reshoots to add extra monster scenes after having watched the first cut and feeling that was a bit low on the scale, so they're beefing that bit up - woot! :)

Also, apparently it's gotten good vibes from people seeing it in previews.

Danny
17-Apr-2007, 10:31 AM
its about damn time i heard some more news about this, like any other bruce campbell movie i cant friggin' wait:cool:

capncnut
17-Apr-2007, 08:15 PM
Man it's been so long since I heard anything about this, I thought it was surely going to be scrapped. That storyline is pure Bruce. If anyone has seen his documentary FanAnalysis then you will know what I mean. There's one bit where Bruce is doing a signing and some fan guy comes on like "Hey Bruce man, The Evil Dead is one of my..." and Bruce cuts in with something deadpan like, "favourite films, yeah, yeah. It had this great impact on you when you were younger, yeah, yeah." You gotta love 'im. :lol:

I was reading about it last night that they're doing reshoots to add extra monster scenes after having watched the first cut and feeling that was a bit low on the scale, so they're beefing that bit up - woot! :)
Good stuff! Look's like this one's gonna be a corker then, old bean.

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2007, 10:19 PM
I certainly look forward to it, hopefully it won't be another Man With The Screaming Brain, I was sorely disappointed by that film. :(

Eyebiter
18-Apr-2007, 12:16 AM
I certainly look forward to it, hopefully it won't be another Man With The Screaming Brain, I was sorely disappointed by that film. :(

You gotta remember Man with Screaming brain was originally written to be filmed in Chino. Because of the cheap cost of filming the producers decided to change it to Eastern Europe? Any script would suffer under those conditions.

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2007, 10:52 AM
Indeed, the film did drip with the stank of cheapness. :(

There were odd moments of coolness, but it was just too cheap over all and that was really distracting...it wasn't really that hot either, but My Name Is Bruce is exactly the sort of idea that could make a great movie, here's hoping.

I wonder if it'll be straight to DVD or go theatrical?

Neil
18-Apr-2007, 11:14 AM
Looking forward to this one :)

MikePizzoff
18-Apr-2007, 11:50 AM
This is actually getting made?! Never thought they'd go through with it. I doubt this'll get a theatrical release but I'll be sure to pick up the DVD immediatly.

zombie04
18-Apr-2007, 08:02 PM
This is actually getting made?!

It's better than that. They already finished filming, now they're just doing a few re-shoots so it will be out soon for sure.