PDA

View Full Version : night of the living homeless

Danny
17-Apr-2007, 11:40 AM
a night spoof appears to be the next south park eps plot, it'll be on hereless than an hour after it airs, to be honest i thought theyd done a night homage allready with the elderly driving into the house and the ginger kids ep, guess matt and trey are horror fans.

's[ecially sinc emost horror nuts are south park fans:D

http://allabout-sp.net/

Andy
17-Apr-2007, 01:05 PM
They did a zombie spoof in series one aswell, the pinkeye episode.

fartpants
17-Apr-2007, 03:36 PM
anything South Park does always rocks...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny
17-Apr-2007, 03:47 PM
i dunno some of season 10 and 9 blew chunks :hurl:

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2007, 06:18 PM
Season 11 has been iffy thus far, but there are moments of genius ... and the whole episode where Cartman went all "Jack Bauer" was SUPERB! :cool::)

Sweet, I look forward to the episode (roll on Thursday).

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 11:30 AM
wednesday for me since im allways up at like 4am hen it airs over there:D

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2007, 05:37 PM
wednesday for me since im allways up at like 4am hen it airs over there:D
4am is still Thursday here though, doi...:p

Danny
18-Apr-2007, 06:40 PM
when your a student the days kinda blur together, i reckon your memory of that time is probably a little jarred cus a that huh?

unless you were one of those "early to bed, early to rise" students. and there just freaks:p

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2007, 09:35 PM
Early to bed? F*ck that up the ass with a rusty pipe! :lol:

I was always one of those "3am is average bedtime, prefer to get up after 1pm" kinda guys ... man it SUCKED TEABAGGING BALLS to get up for a 9am double seminar - FOUR HOURS from 9am, 2 classes that was ... ah mate it was like being killed every week. :lol: Not ideal for me either, because my brain is slow to engage in the morning...I can just about deal with the internet and walking around without falling over, but beyond that, come back in the afternoon. :lol:

My days don't blur together so much now, but purely because my week is definied by what shows I have to download in the morning. :lol:

zombieslayer
19-Apr-2007, 02:12 AM
it has the town over run with homeless and their walking around like zombies. a bunch of the people are stuck on a roof in town. looks like dawn 04 all over again.

Exatreides
19-Apr-2007, 02:32 AM
No, it was Night, Dawn, and Day. It was great.

Trancelikestate
19-Apr-2007, 02:34 AM
yeah, it was great!!! it had some of the same camera shots as day, and many other things! :) also tom savini is on cnbc right now on the big idea! ;)

Danny
19-Apr-2007, 09:09 AM
oh man, jsut saw this ep, when its on youtube ill embedd it here, even if you dont like south park a romero fan will love this ep, best one since the world of warcraft episode, and probably one of the top ten satirical eps. once again stans dad stoel the show, when south park started he kinda sucked but in the last 2 seasons hes become one of the msot funny characters, i liked the little touches like using the same kidna of music, the "hes become one of them" thing and the whole frankenstein scene, i Dare ya to not like this episode:D

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2007, 10:26 AM
That's right, slap spoilers in there, geez. :rolleyes: Fortunately I skipped as best I could and shut my brain down for a few moments ... I've almost got the episode downloaded, will watch it this avo after I do some work. :cool:

Exatreides
19-Apr-2007, 02:26 PM
"channnngee."

"Got any channngee?"

The scene ontop of the rec center was great, "Were out of pop tarts."

Exatreides
19-Apr-2007, 02:31 PM
They even have bub!

bassman
19-Apr-2007, 03:42 PM
That was great. I especially liked the Frankenstein bit and that one aerial shot from "Day" that they kept using throughout the show.

Too bad they referenced Yawn amongst all the good references, though.:dead:

ProfessorChaos
19-Apr-2007, 07:05 PM
i'm biggest south park dork that i know, and i have to say, that was one of the funniest episodes i've ever seen, and i've seen all of them, owning seasons 1-9 on dvd. being both a huge romero fan and a south park dork, i was totally stoked last night. i can't wait till tonight, so i can watch it all over again..."THE Eric Cartman?!?!? The guy who jumped 30 homeless at once?!?!?!"

joygasms!!!!:D :D

btw, was anyone else kinda like "holy sh!t" at all the gunfire and gore they had in this episode? i know that dealing with the undead (homeless) gets kinda messy at times, but i figured that due to the vt tragedy, they would've been a little less violent...oh well, that's the genius of trey and matt...those guys are relentless, shocking, and inspiring.

like i said, BEST EPISODE EVER (or at least in the top 3)

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2007, 07:40 PM
Indeed, an excellent episode, right up there with the 24 spoof episode.

I think they probably used more references from Yawn04 than Dawn because the former suits the narrative progression of this particular episode, as Dawn is more about staying put in one place for the most part, whereas Yawn04 has that retarded truck idea, which is something you can use much easier to advance the story of the episode ... it was funny as sh*t though.

There was a Dawn reference (at least one anyway) with that guy who was rendered homeless. He was propped up against the wall covered in a blanket, that was straight outta Roger's death scene. :)

An excellent episode, I'll be rewatching it sometime soon. :) It's good when South Park can have an episode not really about an issue, and not battering some sort of political "thing" over your head, and instead just get on with having some full-on-fun...

Andy
19-Apr-2007, 10:59 PM
Just merged with another topic on the same thing btw, was a great episode though.. one of the better south parks.

Danny
20-Apr-2007, 12:28 PM
hKIJu9iqyQA
e26k8CObSyc
44xyvkjDFV4

id say god bless youtube for havin' it, but they dont allow anime fan subs on there anymore so i gotta wait till the aweful english dubs now:mad:

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2007, 12:31 PM
lol, it was indeed a superb episode, right up there this season with the 24 spoof.

I'll be re-watching it again sometime sharpish no doubt, great to see an episode without a preachy subject, so you can just have all-out fun, and it actually was a good episode (not like that Oprah Winfrey's minge episode , that was rather dull for 22 minutes).

Loved the shot straight out of Day of the Dead, I had to rewind and pause for a moment on that one.

Loved the Roger death scene spoof on top of the rec centre too, absolute genius ... chaaaaaaaaaange! :lol:

mista_mo
21-Apr-2007, 05:47 PM
The videos don't work anymore.

CrazyCortez
21-Apr-2007, 06:19 PM
the episode is cool XD

Rolfus
25-Apr-2007, 10:24 AM
that was awesome i haven't watched south park since series 5 i will have to get some dvds i also watched the world of warcraft episode i think it might rival this one for the titile of best episode ever

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah this ,warcraft and pinkeye rock!

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah this ,warcraft and pinkeye rock!
Annnnnd ... the 24 spoof episode (11x04) ... damn that was legendary. Apparently the guys who make 24 were so chuffed with that particularly episode (the SP guys are major 24 fans apparently) that the 24 blokes sent over one of the suitcase nuke ("snukes") props for the South Park offices. Pretty cool. :cool:

There's many superb episodes of South Park - including the one where they say "sh*t" a whole load, and the one where they get sex ed ... Butters trying on a condom is just pure comedy fried gold.