View Full Version : big box shopper alert 101

Bongholio
18-Apr-2007, 03:56 PM
Best Buoy
saw near the registers a living dead collection with making of NOTLD on it
13 hours disc has like 9 movies

bassman
18-Apr-2007, 04:12 PM
Seems like I remember glancing at this box set one time. Any other flicks in it that are worth mentioning?

Eyebiter
18-Apr-2007, 04:30 PM
Can you find a link online? Didn't see it on bestbuy.com website.

Debbieangel
18-Apr-2007, 09:43 PM
OK Bong give where how can we get it? >ears and eyes open wide<
:D

Bongholio
18-Apr-2007, 11:06 PM
lol
should have wrote it down
well maybe someone else will see it
you cant miss "THE LIVING DEAD" on it

capncnut
18-Apr-2007, 11:53 PM
Is this a GAR box set or a collection of different movies. If it's the latter then you know there's gonna be some crap ones on there. :D

Bongholio
18-Apr-2007, 11:57 PM
yes compilation many dead movies 13 hours worth
but it said "THE MAKING OF NOTLD" on it too

capncnut
19-Apr-2007, 12:03 AM
Well if it's the 'making of' then surely that's the 25th Anniversary documentary. Why the hell would they drop that one in a zombie box set?

Bongholio
19-Apr-2007, 12:24 AM
get some sucker with the bread to buy it
I did a search on making of and notld nothing came up here
thought it was new

MikePizzoff
19-Apr-2007, 12:25 AM
Probably the same company that puts out all those second-rate crappy horror boxsets for like $15-20 a piece.

Yojimbo
19-Apr-2007, 12:48 AM
Probably the same company that puts out all those second-rate crappy horror boxsets for like $15-20 a piece.

Think you are right on with that. Wife bought a Living Dead Collection for me recently from Best Buy (I'll check on title and send more details later when I get back from work) It was a cheap collection with a bad copy of NOLD 68 and had a making of segment that was pretty lame. From what I remember it had some idiot doing a voice over talking about pretty much the same bits of NOLD 68 triva anyone from these boards already has heard many times over, and all this was placed over what amounted to a really bad slideshow with images captured from some lame-ass grainy copy of the film.

There was only really one other film on the compliation that was worth seeing, and that was the Vincent Price film "Last Man on Earth" The rest was bad 1950 b-movie voodoo-zombie crap, and a bunch of films that really cannot even be tangentially linked to "living dead" All of these films -- with the exception of the Price film-- are nearly unwatchable, even failing to reach the "you've got to watch this to believe how lame it is" level.