PDA

View Full Version : Death Proof [Spoilers]

axlish
19-Apr-2007, 09:29 PM
Folks who have seen the films, help me out here...

I have been thinking about Death Proof for the last few days, and I think that it may have been shown backwards, meaning that the daytime chase with Rosario Dawson and company may have taken place before his encounter with the Radio DJ and her friends.

Someone help me out here...

-I noticed that the plexiglass shield between the drivers seat and the passenger seat was missing.

-I can't remember, but was Stuntman Mike's scar missing as well? If so, I'm thinking that he got the scar from Rosario's brutal axe-kick.

-After he killed Rose McGowan's character, he drops some pictures on the road. Were these pictures of Rosario and friends?

It seems like he learned from his mistakes, healed up, fixed his car up better, and got better and what he does.

Can anyone check on the scar, and the pictures for me?

Eyebiter
19-Apr-2007, 10:24 PM
Short answer: Two different cars. The first deathproof stunt car was a 1971 Chevy Nova. Later in the movie Mike drives a 1969 Dodge Charger.

Terran
19-Apr-2007, 11:26 PM
Hehe if it was reverse order it would be a better movie....lol.....I hated Death Proof....

Planet Terror is god!

bassman
19-Apr-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't think the scar came from Rosario's kick. It looked like his friggin head collapsed from that kick.

I'm pretty sure the end of the movie is the end of Stuntman Mike.

axlish
20-Apr-2007, 12:24 AM
still no answers though.

Was the scar gone? Who were the pictures of?

Good point on the car, didn't even notice they were different. Thought it was a Charger all along. That rules out the plexiglass shield.

bassman
20-Apr-2007, 12:43 AM
still no answers though.

Was the scar gone? Who were the pictures of?

Good point on the car, didn't even notice they were different. Thought it was a Charger all along. That rules out the plexiglass shield.

After he kills the blonde("this car is 100% death proof") he takes the pictures of Jungle Julia and her friends from his visor and throws them to the ground. These were the girls in the multi-death head-on collison scene.....his next victims.

THEN it shows him taking pictures of Zoe, Rosario, etc.(setting up his next victims.....who kill him in the end.) I don't remember whether or not his scar was there in the 2nd half, but I really think it's there.

And if you're looking for the trade mark "Tarantino non-linear storyline", it's between both movies. "Death Proof" takes place before "Planet Terror". There are multiple references of "DP" in "PT" that you notice the second time around.

Terran
20-Apr-2007, 01:14 AM
And if you're looking for the trade mark "Tarantino non-linear storyline", it's between both movies. "Death Proof" takes place before "Planet Terror". There are multiple references of "DP" in "PT" that you notice the second time around.

I think they just reused the actors/actresses.....

Because in Death Proof Rose McGowan dies....doesnt she?....and I think they have different names too....

Eyebiter
20-Apr-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah those two lesbian strippers show up in both movies as well.

axlish
20-Apr-2007, 01:59 AM

Because in Death Proof Rose McGowan dies....doesnt she?....and I think they have different names too....

That, and Tarantino plays different roles.

zombie04
20-Apr-2007, 02:08 AM
There are multiple references of "DP" in "PT" that you notice the second time around.

One of those is in PT where the radio is playing a dedication to the recently departed Jungle Julia. I caught that the second time and was like..."cool, I didn't catch that the first time."

bassman
20-Apr-2007, 12:06 PM

They did reuse some of the actos, but some of them were playing their characters from "Planet Terror". Dakota was in the hospital and her father, Sherriff McGraw was there. And as zombie04 pointed out, there is a tribute to Jungle Julia on the radio as Fergie gets out of her car for the last time.

I caught many more when I saw it the second time, but now I can't remember the rest. See it a second time and you'll notice.