PDA

View Full Version : Ok ... I'm figuring out my Xbox 360 wants...

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 06:20 PM
Righty-tighty, I'm well into research mode for my new 360 that I'll be getting soon, and here's what I'm ideally after (at the moment I'm thinking of ordering it all from Play.com so I get exactly what I want and I won't have to do one of those bundle deals like you see in Argos where you've gotta compromise/spend more than you might have wanted...):

*Xbox 360 Core Console (quiet you "Premium" pundits, I'll upgrade later when I fancy it, there's no need right now for a HDD, nor headsets and chrome :p)

*2nd controller

*Memory Unit

*Project Gotham Racing 3 (oh baby, tickle my balls :sneaky::))

*Saint's Row - Classics Range (bargain! :cool:)

*rubs hands* ooooooh betty! :)

How many saves can you get onto a 64mb Memory Unit? I see there's also a 512mb unit available too.

Oh yeah, Hellsing, I remember you told me before, but I forgot - which is the one to avoid, Game or Gamestation?

MikePizzoff
22-Apr-2007, 06:39 PM
You're going to miss out on all the XBOX Live updates for games, plus the add-ons and expantion packs. As well as demo's trailers, movies, TV shows, etc.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 07:05 PM
Movies & TV - get that elsewhere.

Trailers - watch them online.

Will get the HDD later on, perhaps for Xmas. Right now I just want to bash about on some games single or multi-(in same room)-player. Will get into all that stuff later, for now all I need is the Core. :cool:

Andy
22-Apr-2007, 07:07 PM
Dead rising seems to be missing from your list :rockbrow:

capncnut
22-Apr-2007, 08:48 PM
How many saves can you get onto a 64mb Memory Unit? I see there's also a 512mb unit available too.
More than enough space, for example:

Tony Hawks Project 8 - 2 MB to save
Dead Rising - 4 MB to save
Oblivion - 8 MB to save

Most games are gonna be in the 2-4 MB bracket, a game that EATS memory like Oblivion only uses 8 so you do the math.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2007, 09:22 PM
Capn - sweet as a nut. :)

Is it as many slots to slap a save file(s) on the card as you want, or a limited number?

Andy - Dead Rising is on the back-burner list, when it ends up on the Classics Range I'll get it. :)

Right now I'm all about wanting to hop in a super car and burn some rubber around a corner looking like a suave mofo, or hijacking some car and blowing it up down the road. :elol::D

DeadJonas190
23-Apr-2007, 12:49 AM
I do not mean this to sound like a jerk, but it is not very smart to buy a core system and a memory unit instead of a premium bundle. I'm not sure of the difference in price there, but here in the US the memory units are half the price of a hard drive. If it is the same in the UK, why not just skip the memory unit and one game and upgrade to the premium bundle, you will get more gaming for your buck that way.

Cody
23-Apr-2007, 02:14 AM
Minion I hate PGR3 Ill trade it to you for cheap if you want, played it like 3 times

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2007, 08:07 AM
Because my dear man, I've thought long and hard and weighed one against the other, and as I do all my movie/trailer/tv show watching/downloading on the old school t'internet, I've no need for it.

I also don't forsee myself bothering to play online, at least not right now anyway, so having weighed it up I don't need the Premium's stuff. At a later stage, if it feels right, then I'll get the HDD for Xmas or something, but as Memory Units are a fraction of the price of a HDD, I'd rather have a Core as my entry, which can be upgraded when/if I choose.

Believe me, I don't make decisions over dumping dough on technology lightly.

Danny
23-Apr-2007, 02:03 PM
well gamestation is good for package deals (huhuhuhuhhu...package, sorry ,watching beavis and butthead)..anyway , gamestation is good for single games loads of 360 ones are less than 15 quid in the shops in nottingham, even woolys.

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2007, 05:53 PM
So Game is the shiite one I should avoid then? Or did you mean that Game is good for "single games loads"?

Not sure if that was a typo or not...

Just pre-ordered Saints Row (CR) and GTA IV. :p

Exatreides
23-Apr-2007, 08:21 PM
I stream all my music and video that I want to from my Pc to my 360. Don't know if you have to have premium or just core for that, not sure.

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2007, 08:27 PM
Do you have your Xbox hooked up to your PC? I've heard this stuff about hooking one up to Media Centre PCs, no idea what for or if you can hook them up to normal PCs...now if only you could plug in a keyboard and mouse into the 360. :cool:

Ah mate, my birthday is so friggin' far away now! :lol: I've gotta wait like 4 weeks before I can order it ... ahhh mate, this is like waiting for STALKER all over again! :lol::p

You'll find me googling up images and videos related to Xbox, Saints Row and PGR3 in the next month...:p

Exatreides
23-Apr-2007, 10:59 PM
Just downloaded the Zune thingy from www.xbox.com/pcsetup . Loaded my music and video's onto it. Went upstairs and went into media, music(or video) computer, and bam there it is. Piece of piss.

CoinReturn
23-Apr-2007, 11:20 PM
If you have Windows Media Player 11, you can stream all your music and WMV movies to your Xbox. Just have connect your 360 through a router, or directly to the PC, go in to WMP11, click "allow sharing" with Xbox 360, and you're done.

And Minion, just to make sure, you know you aren't going to be able to download demos with a memory card, right?

MinionZombie
24-Apr-2007, 09:59 AM
lol Coin, aye I know I'll be demo-less with memory cards, I'll pick up the demo vibe around about Xmas when I'll no doubt get the HDD, but for now I'm an ideal candidate for the Core version, it's in my price range, and I won't really need the Premium at all right now (hence getting the HDD later on, the glory of an upgradeable system).

It's shaping up that I'll be getting busier during the summer months, so saving a bit of money now is better for buying filmmaking equipment, which in turns helps my career as it *touches wood* begins to grow from now on...

Oh I've cranked the cogs in my noggin' over which Xbox to get, don't you guys worry. :) Besides, if I end up playing online, I'll have to rebuild my consoling skills having been away from the arena for quite some time, I've lost all my joypad handling ability that I had at uni ... gotta build up my m4d ski11z again, yo. :D