PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Halo 3 video

CoinReturn
24-Apr-2007, 02:06 AM
A leaked video of a beta version of Halo 3 multiplayer hit the net a few hours ago. It shows some new weapons, and a remake of the map "Zanzibar". Keep in mind the video is pretty bad quality, and in sd:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1LJHPT5

Looks pretty damn good to me, the Beta starts May 16th, anyone on here get in?

Edit: here is a link to a smaller version of the video:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10959

Cody
24-Apr-2007, 02:08 AM
eh its a mega upload..i dont trust it

MinionZombie
24-Apr-2007, 10:23 AM
It's also on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUn45x6R4c8

Gonna watch it there, that GameVideos site is well slow for me...

capncnut
24-Apr-2007, 12:33 PM
Just one minute into that video and I realised something, Bungee have the best FPS gameplay ever. My wants. Badly. :sneaky:

MikePizzoff
24-Apr-2007, 02:26 PM
I can not wait! I stopped playing Halo 2 online about a year and a half ago. I've wanted to start playing again but decided I'll just wait for Halo 3 to make it that much better.

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 02:42 PM
DUn45x6R4c8

im of two minds, on one hand its great that theres actual grass and not just textures and your second gun actually slings over your bakc not just dissappears but aside from the pysics of that new shield grenade there was nothign really that "wow", granted i may get it but, theres other 50 quid games i want way more than another fps game, alan wake, bioshock, y'know the list goes one, i think im gonna wait and see, for halo 2 i ran out on the day to buy on ,fearing it would sell out in minutes and the shops were full of em.

MinionZombie
24-Apr-2007, 06:12 PM
I think Halo is the sort of game you simply must get if you're living in a house full of blokes, or have mates coming over fairly often. It's a total living room bloke experience. We had Halo 2 at uni, we played multiplayer on that like nobody's business, constantly, we all had our styles, our moves, our playing personas and all sorts...loads of fun.

Playing the actual game was a bit "meh" ... I didn't really give a bollocks what the covenant was up to. Played the first on the PC, *distracted by "GET SOME NUTS!!!" :lol:*, but never bothered playing the campaign on my mate's Xbox...I think he eventually finished it, I played some of it in co-op mode with him though.

Halo, for me, is all about the multiplayer, it was superb fun ... but if you can't make adequate use of that slice of the game, there's not much point in it ... at least in my eyes.

I'd certainly much prefer Alan Wake instead. :cool: ... or GTA IV, doi...

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 10:38 PM
actually i didnt like the halo multiplayer much, the prey one was much better if you could get around the lag.
my favourite online experience was on burnout revenge, some new yorker actually whent "VRROOOOOOM!" when he hit the nitrous adn sang at the top of his lungs the pledge of allegiance then some scotsman convinced him that to avoid the "bounty hunters that are after me" he should quit the dope and smoke birdseed instead:lol:

CornishCorpse
24-Apr-2007, 11:02 PM
Damn Im un-impressed by those videos. I was expecting something to wow me but it seems like a halo 2 expansion pack ( multiplayer pack was a sh*t expansion pack )..Bleh maybe Ill be pleasently surprised but for now Im rubbing my hands and waiting for L4D

Edit: Okay was impressed with the new vehicle, awesomeness.

CoinReturn
25-Apr-2007, 03:08 AM
The game looks clean enough, though we haven't seen much outside this bad quality vid. Halo games weren't ever about the graphics anyway, its all about the great gameplay and story. The party system for multiplayer has yet to be matched from Halo 2. And the fact that you can save entire matches as data files and watch them and send them to friends is friggen awesome. I can't decide what I want to play more, the co-op story mode, or the online multiplayer.

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 11:45 AM
i hope it follows gears' ide aof online co-op.:cool:

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 02:52 PM
granted i may get it...
Whoa-wa-wa-wa? Didn't you write a blurb about how you were waging a one man war against Halo or something?

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 04:17 PM
not wageing war, just sick of halo, cant play the first 2 anymore and im not really excited about this, the only thing that can convince me to get this si if its longer than halo 2 and has a suitabley epic ending.

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 05:58 PM
I think people are expecting too much with the Halo franchise. For example, that footage is only the Multiplayer Beta, it's not exactly how the game will eventually turn out to be. When this game is released it will SMASH every record previously held by a videogame and will no doubt score 10/10 in all the games rags.

And the haters will be tonguing it's ringpiece once again. :sneaky:

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2007, 06:05 PM
Blates, Halo 3 will smash records left and right and will be sucked off by every gaming outlet/website across the universe, it's a guaranteed "omFgZzzzZzz!1!1!1!111!!!!!" extravaganza in waiting.

Getting sick of a game isn't confined to Halo though, anyone can get sick of any game, it's not the game's fault, it's purely down to the single person.

*distracted by that utter psycho Will, on Hollyoaks ... bastard*

The first Halo had some great moments, and some fun bits and some cool style, but the level design was bollock-saggingly crap, cut & paste corridors don't cut it. It was so boring ... fortunately outdoor areas were better, but still ... dizzzaaaaam.

Halo 2, never played the campaign all the way through, just the odd bit, wasn't really bothered. It was all about 'Buggernaut' (as we called it amongst us lads at uni) and Deathmatch for me, it was pure fun to play, and it kept dragging you back for some more fun, so in that respect it's unparalelled...

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 06:13 PM
honestly the next smashbrothers is somethign that i look forward to more, mario vs solid snake, were else can you see a secret agent with a mullet fight an italian amercian midget?

...outisde a reality tv show of course;) .