PDA

View Full Version : oh good lord :rolleyes:

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 03:10 PM
KXGr3aBln38

i really am speechless for once.

Dommm
24-Apr-2007, 03:48 PM
I used to love watching this when I was about 10 years old with choclate coco pops, damn getting all teary eyed and nostalgic

Danny
24-Apr-2007, 04:08 PM
oh aye im all about nostalgia at the mo', just bought a NES off ebay for 20 quid, and considering there 35 in the shops since there "retro and rare":rolleyes: its a good deal, its the same box deal taht i got for christmas when i was about 4 , with mario bros. and solar man:cool:

slickwilly13
24-Apr-2007, 05:05 PM
Come on. You know you want to be a Game Master. :lol: Watch out for the Egg Plant Wizard.

CoinReturn
25-Apr-2007, 03:10 AM
Captain N was awesome. You wanna see crap? Check out the old animated Legend of Zelda cartoon. Utter ****.

slickwilly13
25-Apr-2007, 05:34 AM
Was that the one shown with the Super Mario Brothers cartoon?

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 11:43 AM
ugh, yeah that was the worst by far, luckily i was born in 88' so mym memory of that aweful inbred cousin of those great games is mostly a blur.
but ill revisit it just to show you folks, AARGH!, MY EYES!

WJdV3K8kIzI

*david tennant impression* im sorry, im so sorry.

its really, reaaaaly bad:lol:

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 02:31 PM
oh aye im all about nostalgia at the mo', just bought a NES off ebay for 20 quid, and considering there 35 in the shops since there "retro and rare" :rolleyes:
I had no idea, I still got mine boxed with about 50 games.

Here's more ads from that era.

juH2qHYX9aI

esAZ4h3liDg

I do not remember this one but I'm sure there's folks out there that do.

X53eJ8AWQ9Y

However, I remember these like yesterday. Not games related but hey!

lyV-1SZlcC0&mode=related&search=

ffa1E9k3H4k&mode=related&search=

slickwilly13
25-Apr-2007, 05:40 PM
What about Cap Lou as Mario? *L* The first time I ever saw it was the ending credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mhjX_Boks

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 05:57 PM
52mhjX_Boks

i think this should change to the 80's videogame crap thread:D

seriously i got my nes today and ive played through super mario bros. about 4 times now, easily my favourite out of the sega-nintey console war of the 80's.

IOUy6rwLmNs

capncnut
25-Apr-2007, 06:16 PM
seriously i got my nes today and ive played through super mario bros. about 4 times now, easily my favourite out of the sega-nintey console war of the 80's.
It don't surprise me, Super Mario Bros is an absolute belter. But I love 'The Fantasy Zone' just as much. :D

Danny
25-Apr-2007, 09:23 PM
aye theres lots of em, dont know why but ive been in a mood to start building up a retro collection again so ive been buying up NES games lately.

CornishCorpse
25-Apr-2007, 09:55 PM
Who is the guy dressed up as Mario? And why is he so drunk? and why does he look like my uncle? and who let him on tv? That was a bit akward for me but watching that as a kid besides drunken antics..Episode 2 Mario meets Happy hour

"Mum I think I can see that mans--"

"Happyness yes we all can dear, dance with mario!"

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2007, 10:02 PM
Who is the guy dressed up as Mario? And why is he so drunk? and why does he look like my uncle? and who let him on tv? That was a bit akward for me but watching that as a kid besides drunken antics..Episode 2 Mario meets Happy hour

It's Captain Lou Albano from the WWF!!!

Hellsing - why roll your eyes at Captain N? That show was great back then!

DiPLLyUqSFA
...a scene from one of my favorite [kid] movies of the 80's!

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 01:01 AM
aye theres lots of em, dont know why but ive been in a mood to start building up a retro collection again so ive been buying up NES games lately.
Good to hear, I got bitten by the retro bug a few years ago. Keep 'em in good nick 'cos when your passion wanes, it will only come back a year or so later... trust me. :D

I got a heap of old consoles including Atari 2600, NES, Sega Megadrive/Genesis, Psone etc. What you should be doing is getting the funds together for a Dreamcast blowout. House of the Dead 2 with dual lightguns, Space Channel 5, the original JET SET RADIO (trust me these things are getting more expensive), Metropolis Street Racer (much harder than PGR), Shenmue, a couple of pads and VMU's (watch out some are duds), the list goes on. You know it's the best console ever, why hesitate bro?

I wont even tell you how much I paid for Samba De Amigo. Had to be done. :(

Danny
26-Apr-2007, 01:56 AM
dude i had all taht dreamcast stuff, the memory card screens, the dreamcast was even one of the special ones, of which there was about 3 dozen at the time, too bd its all gone now.:(

Hellsing - why roll your eyes at Captain N? That show was great back then!

i think you explained it for yourself right there man.:D