PDA

View Full Version : A glass of wine anyone?

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 02:07 AM
Just been browsing some sites on wine and I was led to a place named Caduceus Cellars. It's real interesting site about a vineyard in Arizona that make wine in 'survival of the fittest' conditions.

Caduceus Cellars (http://www.caduceus.org/)

As I was reading the diary, I noticed the the whole vineyard is owned by Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan. Check out the wines, they sound delish and are recieving some cool reviews.

MissJacksonCA
26-Apr-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the Caduceus tip. The wine itself looks looks familiar but the journal were interesting reads and the online store was pretty nifty. I'm anxious to try some out.

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I have to say that I would like to try some of this. I agree with Keenan, wine should be seen as a mystical alchemy and made with passion. The best tipples you can get here in the supermarkets or liquor stores are Jacob's Creek Grenache Shiraz (which is rather nice for a mid-ranger btw) or a top of the range Gallo.

The only wines that seem to have any variety or range is the cheap s**t. No body, tastes like vinegar and gives you a clanger of a headache in the morning. :dead:

Dommm
26-Apr-2007, 11:46 AM
mm... give me a nice shiraz or pinot any time

Bongholio
26-Apr-2007, 12:35 PM
shi*,bl**d and c*m are on his hand's!
let's hope his feet are clean
rofle

Terran
26-Apr-2007, 12:39 PM
I like wine that in plastic bags sold in boxes......:)

Bongholio
26-Apr-2007, 05:33 PM
Terran (1:25am): "I like the wine W/alcohol in it"

axlish
26-Apr-2007, 05:50 PM
I like wine that in plastic bags sold in boxes......:)

I've been on a budget so I have lowered myself to buying boxes of Franzia :o

coma
26-Apr-2007, 05:57 PM
I noticed the the whole vineyard is owned by Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan.
A long, long time ago I dropped a bunch of acid and went to this show. On this low small stage was the sick metalish band . the singer was this scrawny little guy with a bad mohawk and was wearing old style red long underwear cutoffs. He acted all crazy and his johnson was totally hanging out the underwear. When HE leaned over and screamed in my face, dick a waving I literally started to have a major freak out and havent done a dose since. Thanks Tool, for a teriible experience. No one knew, inculding me, who they were at the time, but that is my experience with them. And Thats why I cant listen to them. I get the heebie jeebies when ever I hear MAynards voice.

Terran
26-Apr-2007, 07:29 PM
Terran (1:25am): "I like the wine W/alcohol in it"

Its true thats the best kind! :D

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.dagor.konin.lm.pl/tool/galeria/maynard/maynard15.jpg

A long, long time ago I dropped a bunch of acid and went to this show. On this low small stage was the sick metalish band . the singer was this scrawny little guy with a bad mohawk and was wearing old style red long underwear cutoffs. He acted all crazy and his johnson was totally hanging out the underwear. When HE leaned over and screamed in my face, dick a waving I literally started to have a major freak out and havent done a dose since. Thanks Tool, for a teriible experience. No one knew, inculding me, who they were at the time, but that is my experience with them. And Thats why I cant listen to them. I get the heebie jeebies when ever I hear Maynards voice.
Lol, classic! :lol:

I've seen Tool many times live while under the influence of various intoxicants and I've had nothing but amazing experiences every time. Really, Tool send me to another level. But I know where you are coming from, Maynard is a freaky character. I hear he trains under Rickson Gracie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickson_Gracie) in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and is a purple belt or something.

Edit: Just found this Coma, think yourself lucky. :D

6iU74f_T0UU

triste realtà
26-Apr-2007, 10:11 PM
:lol: coma. I guess you found out why they call themselves tool the hard way. Inside the Enema CD there's a motion hologram of the band watching some guy suck his own tool. There is something seriously wrong with that band and it's a shame you got scarred like that while on the fractal sauce.

:lol: Capn. I was thinking youtube too, to help him relive the horror. That video nailed it.:eek:

capncnut
26-Apr-2007, 10:30 PM
LOL, I was just reading the Caduceus Cellars journal and on the 2nd anniversary of his mother's death, Maynard planted 666 Cabernet vines on the plot where he scattered her ashes. He's gonna call it Nagual De Judith apparently. :D

Mike70
27-Apr-2007, 08:29 PM
red wine is the stuff. not a wine snob or anything, in fact i tend to go for cheaper but tasty chilean and argentine stuff. not only does red wine taste damn good it is quite healthy.

white wine is for girls and sailors.

_liam_
27-Apr-2007, 10:25 PM
red and pink is all i sink

wouldnt mind some chateau d'baldy though.

been listenin to APC this week.

pwns tool, sorry capn!

capncnut
27-Apr-2007, 10:54 PM
pwns tool, sorry capn!
LOL, and then you woke up!

APC are nowhere near as technically gifted as Tool. And their last album was dog s**t! Underwater shimmery wankery is one thing, life-evolving religion is another. :rolleyes:

Bongholio
28-Apr-2007, 04:51 AM
APC
I think they had a do-able bass player
"marks down one in + column"