PDA

View Full Version : your happy to help survival horror spys found some more sneak peeks

Danny
30-Apr-2007, 12:19 AM
k so how do i top the resi vids?, well with more resi vids AND two new news items. for one the sequel to sleeper horror that didnt quite become a hit obsucre on the xbox has a sequel coming out.

for the nintendo wii.

no. really, theyve said "screw you" to microsoft and sony and taken there survival horror over to the wii to make use of the utilitys available with the motion control, granted they could do that with the sixaxis if it wasnt so crappy (not a fanboy comment, the sixaxis really does suck, BRING BACK RUMBLE DAMMIT!) , add this to two new resi games, escape from bug island, sadness and eternal darkness 2 and the wiis getting more horror games than the ps3.

yes i really did say that, and yeah i think weve stepped into a parallel universe too, or vick reeves dreams, there both gotta be pretty damn freaky, anyway, heres the screenies for obscure 2 on the wii, scroll down the sites 'well crap' to quote my chav cousin.

http://wii.vggen.com/gallery.php?game=2475

next up we have in engine footage of alone in the dark, turns out it wasnt ****canned but merely on hiatus whilst another project had all the stops pulled out to finish, heres the vid.

0TWjtSzz8KE

it looks good btu.. kinda dissapointing too, though this "in game footage" is just the same trialer with a enw voice over , only with them saying "no really, its in game footage".

next some dude rigs his wiimote up to play resi 4 on the p.c ,guess he REAAAALLLY didnt want to buy it again when it comes out for the wii.

46o1Np0ifKE

...and yet more proof silent hill origins are ripping off resident evil 4

arOXxh7uiJc

and finally folks weve got a problem for wii horror fans, sadness :
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/sadness/index.html has switched developers, i wouldnt hold your breath on this one, too bda really, 1900's era black adn white game fighting werewolves sounded cool.

*austin powers inmpression* and im spent!

i should start a horror site or sum-thin' to post all my horror finds on huh?;)

capncnut
30-Apr-2007, 01:08 AM
Dude I saw that Alone In The Dark trailer last year!

Okay Guru, what happened to that Call Of Cthuluwulu (or whatever) port? Oh and it's a bit rusty on the Resi 5 front innit?

Danny
30-Apr-2007, 01:53 AM
which call of cthulu game be ye on about squire?:sneaky:

theres dark corners of the earth on the xbox, destinys end on the xbox, ps2 and pc. and theres another one thats tied up in talks over "extreme" content, but the name escapes me, far as i know the first two are allready out, i know for sure dark corners is cus ive seen it for a few quid in gamestation.
and on the subject of games tied up in legal proceedings, any brits looking for rule of rose are out of luck, its officially banned in all 4 countries that make up the united kingdom, all becuase in one scene the protagonist is forced, by you to make her bury the ghosts of two little girls alive, now thats eeiry horror, still tahts marketing for ya.

as for resi 5, man i love a challenge.

so far the ONLY dead cert is that its for the playstation 3 AND the xbox 360, thank god, and that it has fast zombies, not people infected with the las plagas parasites, though i think they will play a part in the current amped up mobility of the zombies in the desert town.
heat comes into play as well, you must seek shade or chris will dehydrate and collapse, which in a town full of dawn 04 type zombies is no good thing.He may also hallucinate, you may shoot enemies which are jsut thin air, or miss becuase of heat blur.
It is a sequel to resident evil, not stated were exactly, but it has ties to resident evil as the character is "someone the development team is very fond of", adn looks exactly like chris:)
resi 4 controls are back in this one, which is nothing but a good thing, as resi 4 finally made resi get out the action closet as it was way more action horror than sruvival horror, even though it was the first to coin the term.
the zombie sin this have the most advanced a.i yet, in a recent showing of the game, they are reported to hunt in packs, effeively they are zombies programmed to act like wolves, yeah i know, awesome huh?:D
The creator of resident evil is not the director however, the mantle has been passed to the creator of the lost planet games, wether this is a good or bad thing really depends on your view of lost planet, which i personally though was a little average but still damn entertaining but overshadowed by the far superior gears of war.
There are also unspecified online elements in production.
This is rumoured to in fact be the last game in the series, and somehow ties into exctinction, god knows why, but apparently there "bringing an end to the resident evil once and for all", but that sounds more like fanboy wishful thinking to me.

Though this is all basic stuff you can find on the net, silent hill 5 however is more seclusive than stephen king and meichal jackson at a cottager's dogging retreat in cornwall
, NOW thats reclusive:lol:

and heres the trailer, jsut cus i for one aint seen it in yonks.

dvxe0tDL9g8

though i reckon its chris redfeild if the rumours of a tie in are correct this is feasibly the videogame counterpart of the film counter part to the resi 3 character carlos oltivera.

capncnut
30-Apr-2007, 04:36 AM
He's definitely better then The Guru innee? :D

Cody
30-Apr-2007, 08:08 AM
wait wait wait are you saying RE5 isnt going to come to the 360? Im gonna poo myself if I droped 400$ for a none resident evil console

Danny
30-Apr-2007, 02:49 PM
its coming out for both the ps3 and the xbox 360.

and the wii's just getting a port of the last one:|

Cody
30-Apr-2007, 03:04 PM
whew scared me for a second

Danny
02-May-2007, 09:57 AM
looks like developers took notice of all the ripping people were making about origins nicking resi 4's ideas on the silent hill forum (yours truly included) and theyve changed it virtually overnite to become more like silent hill 2, now i aint buying a piece of crap psp for nothign but still, making another silent hill game like restlss dreams?, cant be anything but a good move. heres new screen captures.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sexy-nurse-alert/gallery-silent-hill-origins-256513.php

capncnut
02-May-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the top pic, kinda like a return to the Silent Hill of old. The ones below were of that bubble-headed nurse Resi 4 fight.