PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3 opens this weekend!!!!!

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I know, as if you hadn't already been bombarded enough by all the endorsements....but anywho, Friday is just around the corner and I can't wait. My girlfriend and I have advance tickets to see it Friday evening at 6:45 at an imax theater and i have full confidence that this movie will rock like no other. Anyone else as excited as me about this one?!?!:cool:

Danny
30-Apr-2007, 07:22 PM
im not, it looks like a great film but ive been a spidey fan since i was a tyke so i know whats gonna happen so its kina spoiled for me, that said even if a didnt when i watch the first two films i keep thinking "oh thats tobey maguire dressed like spiderman, he just doesnt pull me in and make me think "oh thats peter parker" and that ruins it a little for me.

bassman
30-Apr-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll probably go see it, but I'm a bit skeptical. I've read several reviews saying that Raimi tried packing in too much and it comes out feeling cluttered.

From what I've read, it's basically a two and a half hour action sequence:confused: .....

CornishCorpse
30-Apr-2007, 07:59 PM
Well I for one am looking forward to it along with the other upcoming releases e.g. 28 weeks later ( finally! )

The movie looks fun and the other two movies were good besides Im a big fan of Raimi plus the inclusion of venom is another plus for the movie. Even though the film has already been made Im keeping crossed fingers for a carnage vs spiderman vs venom battle ;)

Cody
30-Apr-2007, 11:00 PM
Eh im pretty much done with all the super hero movies.

capncnut
01-May-2007, 12:16 AM
It looks nice and that but all this CGI nonsense is getting out of hand.

Terran
01-May-2007, 02:42 AM
I never really liked any of the spider man movies.....

and when it comes to comic book movies....Xmen 3 was pretty horrible only thing I suppose I have to look forward to is Sin City 2.......

AcesandEights
01-May-2007, 03:01 AM
Looking forward to it, definitely. We'll see. I don't expect it to be as good as the previous two, as that--in my book--would be a tall order. I do, however, hope it's entertaining.

Moon Knight
01-May-2007, 07:42 AM
Can't wait. Even if it is an action piece what's so wrong with that? It's the third in a superhero trilogy, everything should wrap up here. I do agree however, it should stay a trilogy and everyone should move on.
Excited, gotta early tickets for the midnight showing. :)

bassman
01-May-2007, 12:43 PM
Can't wait. Even if it is an action piece what's so wrong with that? It's the third in a superhero trilogy, everything should wrap up here. I do agree however, it should stay a trilogy and everyone should move on.
Excited, gotta early tickets for the midnight showing. :)

That's not what's happening. There will be another. Maybe soon....maybe later, but the studio has already said they will do a fourth film with or without the original cast and crew.

Dommm
01-May-2007, 03:13 PM
Where does it say it will do a fourth, though I suppose they will have to bring in carnage.

EvilNed
01-May-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Spider-man 1 and 2 were great. can't pick a favourite of them. 1 had the better villain and flow but 2 had nicer style and story.

bassman
01-May-2007, 03:50 PM
Where does it say it will do a fourth, though I suppose they will have to bring in carnage.

I can't remember where I read it, but it was an interview with one of the producers. He said straight up that there WILL be another and they just hope that they can get Raimi, Maquire, and the rest to return even though their contracts were for only 3 films.

capncnut
01-May-2007, 05:44 PM
I recently read a review that said a fourth film was definitely in the works and that Raimi had no plans to direct. About time he did something more low budget anyway... which brings me to this. The 1979 Raimi short, Clockwork. Enjoy!

Q2LWT59DKzA

fartpants
01-May-2007, 06:50 PM
Can't Wait Any Longer...wanna See It Now...

ProfessorChaos
02-May-2007, 09:21 PM
i've read a two different reviews and both times they gave sm3 only 2 out of 4 stars....

but i've also heard that overseas this film is raking in some major cash, which doesn't necesarily mean that it's a good film (pirates of the caribean, anyone?:rolleyes: ), but we can all be hopeful, right?

the new spidey video game comes out friday, so i'll be shelling out some clams for that too. hopefully it'll have some killer unlockables!!!

*crosses fingers*

here's to friday!!!:D :D

Danny
02-May-2007, 09:54 PM
ive got the inside scoop from one the spiderman 3 games developers that bruce campbell one again contributes to the game:cool:

ProfessorChaos
02-May-2007, 09:56 PM
any word on secrets/unlockables/etc?

i'm jonesin' for this farking game so bad i can taste it!!!!

Danny
02-May-2007, 09:59 PM
The developers have apparently been told to keep that schtum.

Neil
03-May-2007, 02:23 PM
I never really liked any of the spider man movies.....

and when it comes to comic book movies....Xmen 3 was pretty horrible only thing I suppose I have to look forward to is Sin City 2.......

Spiderman 2 was an excellent movie IMHO... XMen 3 had its moments, and wasn't so bad :)

i've read a two different reviews and both times they gave sm3 only 2 out of 4 stars....

All the reviews I've read say it's very good! Somewhere round the same level as the 2nd one :)

EvilNed
03-May-2007, 02:47 PM
I rewatched Spider-man yesterday. That film is still very good, even if I've watched it many times now. Gonna watch Spider-man 2 later. I've only seen that twice or thrice and it was all very long ago, so that should get me up and hyped.

X-men 3 was better than X2 if you ask me. But there was room for improvement, sure. Like that porcupine mutant. What the hell was that all about? He was useless!? Why would Magneto want that guy as a right-hand-sidekick? He couldn't even hurt a fly with his stupid power.

ProfessorChaos
05-May-2007, 07:03 PM
Easily the worst of the three. My big complaints are:

1) The lack of screen time Venom had: he wasn't even really a part of the picture until late in the film...but when he was on the screen, it was amazing. Topher Grace was great as Eddie Brock, too. I really was dubious about them casting him a the big V, but he pulled it off (pardon the pun) gracefully.

2) Harry's "New Gobin" outfit is nothing like a goblin, it's more like a snowboarder's get-up. I was hoping he'd look more like the original GG, the one from the comic books...maybe we'll get lucky with a Hobgolbin in one of the inevitable sequels.

3) Peter Parker becomes Emo-Parker with symbiote suit and decides to start dancing like an ass-clown at random times.

4) Too predictable overall..

too many more to list...

mista_mo
06-May-2007, 04:44 AM
Venom should have been in it alot more..but man, they really pulled that off with him...

Danny
06-May-2007, 04:45 AM
id like to see if they could do carnage, or if hes even possible.

Yorkie
06-May-2007, 07:49 PM
I am seeing this tomorrow, should have gone today but just too lazy :D

I can't wait!! It was up near the top of my list of must see films for this year and at least hopefully by tomorrow all the fuss will have died down and I won't have to sit on anyones knee to watch it :lol:

Danny
06-May-2007, 08:02 PM
since my little brother really wanted to see it, my mom offered to pay for me to see it too (im skint:( ) so hey, i aint gonna turn down a free movie, so im gonna be checking it out tomorrow to, though i aint that excited purely becuase being a spidey fan since i was about 6 years old, i allready know whats gonna happen to venom so its like watching a reamake or something you know it might be good, but meh, you dont hold any hopes for anything new or surprising.

zombie04
06-May-2007, 08:07 PM
ive got the inside scoop from one the spiderman 3 games developers that bruce campbell one again contributes to the game:cool:

I've heard he narrates the game. Personally the movie could've just been him on screen for 2 hours and I would've been satisfied.

Danny
07-May-2007, 02:40 AM
apparently theres a ten minute long scene of him doing a really bad french accent, that sold me, the spidey movies just an extra.:lol:

slickwilly13
07-May-2007, 06:56 AM
Just got back from watching it. Not too bad. I didn't like what they did to Venom at the end.

Danny
07-May-2007, 10:13 PM
saw it, loved it, best spidey film in my opinion. the acting was a fair bit better and minute for minute it had more dram, action and comedy than the other films,mand when bruce came on doing his "pecke'r" bit a few people in the crowd cheered:lol: , the guy who played eddie brock, eric from that 70's show, was really good against maguire, though when i saw the first spidey movie i though tobey maguire WAS that dude from taht 70's show, venom looked as good as they could have gotten him on film, and you know hes not gone for good, the flint marko thing was a little lame to be honest but beats the usual "ill get you spiderman" type thing, all in all a great movie, i give it 9/10, possibly the best comic adaptation yet.

capncnut
08-May-2007, 01:42 PM
i give it 9/10, possibly the best comic adaptation yet.
What even better than Superman - The Movie? :D

bassman
08-May-2007, 01:44 PM

I haven't seen spidey 3 but I can tell you that's a no. :p

fartpants
08-May-2007, 02:57 PM
just seen Spiderman 3..... WOW

Danny
08-May-2007, 11:32 PM

yep, supes' great but spidey 3 just never lets up, it was fantastic, and it takes a lot to get my jaded ass to say that about a film.

bassman
09-May-2007, 03:39 AM
yep, supes' great but spidey 3 just never lets up, it was fantastic, and it takes a lot to get my jaded ass to say that about a film.

I trust your judgment and all.....but it can't possibly better than the original super hero flick : Superman The Movie.

:cool:

It may be good......but not that good.:p

AcesandEights
09-May-2007, 04:35 AM
Jut saw it. It was solid. Very good considering it's the third installment, but still seems to be the weakest of the three to me. Too much in the film that was not skillfully tied together and the pacing was off. Still, I enjoyed it and will probably add it to my collection when released in DVD.

I thought all three 'villains' did their job well. In fact, I liked the acting all around for a comic book film, though I thought the emo-stlying of the symbiote influnced Parker was kind of laughable (and I don't mean the parts that were supposed to be funny). I could've sworn Parker was wearing eyeliner in those scenes...

Danny
09-May-2007, 04:40 AM
yeah, in the sreening i was in when he looks in the mirror and does that fringe thign some skin head in front yelled "YOU EMO ****!:lol:

Neil
09-May-2007, 07:44 AM
Saw it last night! Generally an excellent flick! In one or two places it gets a litte scraggly, but this doesn't prevent it from being a damn enjoyable film.

The second is a more solid script/film IMHO, but the third is probably just as much (if not more) fun :)

AcesandEights
09-May-2007, 08:04 AM
The second is a more solid script/film IMHO, but the third is probably just as much (if not more) fun :)

I definitely agree, I was surprised how positive the review was from my friend who also went to check it out, as he was not originally thrilled with the idea of the 3rd film.

A good start to the Blockbuster season...now, please, please let me be happy when I see 28 Weeks Later this weekend.

Danny
09-May-2007, 08:07 AM
i wasnt excited either, and was dragged to see it by my mom and little brother but i was surprised by how good it was myself.

Neil
09-May-2007, 08:56 AM
Shame the effects/action continue to be so manic... I'd much rather see fights etc slowed down a little so you can keep pace with them..

Rottedfreak
09-May-2007, 10:05 AM
I really enjoyed the film for what it was but can see how it has gotten some bad reviews.
It could have gone like this:
Kick off with clips during the credits showing Peter and Harrys friendship from childhood through to the events of the last two movies.
Harry has a vendetta, he intends to destroy Peter and Mary Jane, he pays off theatre critics to give MJ poor reviews and destroy her career.
The symbiote is found by Oscorp special projects devision - run by Harry - and he realises what it can do to a host. He takes the Golbin serum and then blows Oscorp sky high, he steals the symbiote and tracks down Spiderman. The two fight, the suit attaches itself to Spidey after he defeats Harry and then he goes home restless then symbiote bonds with him.
Sandmans story plays out the same, Harry still has his memory and tries to play the hero and make on Spidermans the villian.
Instead of black Spiderman comedy, Peter becomes more aggressive and occasionally goes off the deep end when taking down villians, he hunts Sandman and comes close to killing him until Goblin steps in trying to talk to him.
In the end Goblin dies fighting Spiderman, MJ leaves town, Sandman tries to talk sense into Spidey and leaves, Spiderman rejects life as Peter Parker and Eddie runs to the church to commit suicide.
Leave it as a cliffhanger.

Next film have Peter tear the suit off and Venom torments him throughout it as he tries to redeem himself. In the comics Venom became a anti hero who often gets under Spidermans skin that could have worked well in the film.

Danny
09-May-2007, 10:31 AM
but that goes against, what?, ten years of comics at least?:p